Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCitizen
    My results:

You answered 30 out of 33 correctly — 90.91 %

Average score for this quiz during November: 77.6%
    Average score: 77.6%

You can take the quiz as often as you like, however, your score will only count once toward the monthly average.

If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email americancivicliteracy@isi.org.

You can consult the following table to see how citizens and elected officials scored on each question.

Where to from here?

Answers to Your Missed Questions:

Question #4 - B. Would slavery be allowed to expand to new territories?
    Question #12 - B. the Supreme Court struck down most legal restrictions on it in Roe v. Wade
    Question #27 - A. the price system utilizes more local knowledge of means and ends

--------
    Question #4 I just didn't know, although I did remember that Lincoln and Douglas had debated SOMETHING (just didn't know specifically what)

Question #12 I wanted to pick this one, but then I second-guessed myself because it seemed too obvious, so I picked the next answer about notifying parents and such. Oops!

Question #27 I was torn between picking A and C...I think C might ALSO be correct, in terms of free enterprise rewarding and therefore motivating hard work which arguably could result in more overall revenue, which would then allow for greater tax revenue. *shrug*

Thanks for posting this quiz...it was interesting!

Congratulations Joecitizen! You now have the top spot!

Question 44: Luckily I had read Doris Kearns Goodwin's excellent book "Team of Rivals" about Lincoln so that's how I knew that one.

# 12: Got this one right away but I know what you mean about second guessing yourself. If I had stuck with my first answer on #31 instead of changing my mind at the last minute, I would have had your final score as well. I've always been told that I over analyze things and this was certainly a prime example.

# 27: It took me awhile to get this one as I get totally confused when it comes to economics but I guess some of Ron Paul's speeches must have seeped through my sub conscious!

Wish more people would participate! Maybe they're afraid they'll end up getting a score like some of our elected officials! But I doubt that would happen because everyone I know who took it passed those politicians by a wide margin!

Recap:

1. joecitizen: 90.91%

2. (tie) reptile09 AND chloe24: 87.88 %

3. hylander_1314: 84.85%

4. mountaindog: 79%

5. tiredofapathy: 72.73%

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer

Civics Test

I scored 83 percent. Changed a couple of answers when I knew I shouldn't have.
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.

You can change your answers, it has no rules against doing it.

I retook it taking my time to really read the questions and answers and only missed one. And since I couldn't pull up my old test, it was a complete redo as I did not write down the ones I missed. It was a little re-test for myself.

My daughter at 16, and only really learning this stuff from me over the last 2 years scored a 72 or something like that. So she already has a better education than most of her contemporaries.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123