Page 45 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: Thanksgiving, Christmas & Holiday Season Assorted Stuff

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

List of Suggested Phrases to Write In Holiday Cards

Here is a list of suggested uplifting phrases to write in holiday cards to help you express your feeling in an heartfelt manner. Ok, it is the end of the first week in December which means this is the time of the year that people will be sending out holiday cards to friends, family and businesses that have provided great service through out the year.

• Warmest greetings and best wishes for the new year
    • With Kind Remembrances and Best Wishes for a Bright and Special New Year
    • Seasons Greetings. In warm appreciation of our association during the past year, we extend our very best wishes for a happy holiday season
    • Merry Christmas
    • The Magic of Christmas never ends and its greatest of gifts are family and friends. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    • Wishing you the gift of good cheer this holiday season
    • May the magic and the wonder of the holiday season stay with you throughout the coming year
    • Wishing you a Merry Christmas touched with wonder and filled with love
    • The Gift of Christmas is a precious reminder that we are loved!
    • Wishing you a Christmas overflowing with Love and Laughter!
    • Best wishes for a happy new year filled with health, happiness, and spectacular success
    • Thank you for the gift of your friendship
    • Tidings of Joy
    • Peace on Earth

The Homestead Survival.Com

• Peace on Earth. Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season and a new year filled with peace and happiness
    • A World of Good Wishes. One of the real joys this holiday season is the opportunity to say thank you and wish you the very best for the New Year
    • Warmest thoughts and best wishes for a wonderful holiday and a very happy new year
    • Wishing you the gifts of the season — Peace, Joy, Hope
    • Wishing you the joy of family, the gift of friends, and the best of everything in 2015
    • Happy New Year. May you soar into the new year filled with health, happiness and prosperity
    • Warm winter wishes for an enchanted holiday season
    • Happy holidays and best wishes for a wonderful new year
    • Wishing you a festive holiday season and a very happy new year
    • Joy! Celebrate the Season
    • Holiday Wishes. This season, may you be blessed with laughter, peace, and love
    • Happy Holidays. Wishing you every happiness this holiday season and through out the coming year
    • Best wishes for a happy holiday season and a happy New Year
    • Happy Holidays
    • Seasons greetings and warm wished for a happy New Year
    • May the magic and the thrill of the holiday season stretch on through out the year
    • Happy Holidays. Wishing you a beautiful holiday season and a New Year of peace and happiness
    • Warmest greetings of the season and best wishes for happiness in the New Year
    • Seasons Greetings. May your holidays be merry and bright
    • Best Wishes. May every happiness be yours throughout the coming year
    • Joy to the world
    • Holiday cheer and a happy New Year
    • Wishing you a peaceful and joyous holiday
    • Deck the halls with boughs of holly, wishing you a holiday so jolly!
    • Wishing you a beautiful holiday season and a new year of peace and happiness
    • Warm Holiday Wishes
    • Best wishes for a happy holiday season and our sincere thanks for your loyalty and goodwill throughout the year
    • May songs of joy fill your home with warmth and your heart with happiness this holiday season
    • May the joy of the holiday be with you in the new year
    • Celebrate the spirit of the season
    • Here’s to a season filled with warmth, comfort and good cheer
    • Noel. Peace and joy a Christmas and throughout the New Year
    • Best wishes for a holiday season filled with joy
    • May this season bring you the gifts of peace, hope and joy.

Click here to read about a List of Suggested Phrases to Write In Holiday Cards:

http://www.bestcardmessages.com/chri...-messages.html

Visit us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google + , Homesteading Learning Interactive Group or send an email to homesteadsurvival@hotmail.com to join our single daily email that contain all of that day’s articles.

http://thehomesteadsurvival.com/list...holiday-cards/

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BEST CRANBERRY SALSA

Cranberry Salsa is an amazing holiday appetizer that is served over cream cheese and paired with your favorite chips or crackers. You’re going to love this fun twist on classic party food!

Cranberry Salsa is an amazing holiday appetizer that is served over cream cheese and paired with your favorite chips or crackers. You’re going to love this fun twist on classic party food!

Every time we bring this dish to a party, it is an instant hit! It’s popularity is no surprise though, seeing as we’ve been making this for years, and have been thoroughly obsessed with it ourselves. Everyone expects tortilla chips and salsa at a party, but this gives them a fun twist on a party staple. We love how the cranberries make this salsa so fresh and vibrant, and serving it over a brick of cream cheese with some crackers just makes it all the better. This recipe is so quick and easy to make, that the hardest part is merely choosing what to use to dip! Pick out your favorite crackers or chips, and get dipping!
    CRANBERRIES:

Fresh cranberries are commonly sold in the grocery store in 12 ounce packages. They are most often found in the fall right after the cranberry harvest. When working with fresh cranberries, rinse them under cold water. Run your fingers through the cranberries and pick out any that are soft or mushy. Rinse the cranberries again and proceed to use them in your recipe.
    If you would like to use frozen cranberries, you will need to thaw them completely before using. We highly recommend fresh cranberries rather than frozen in this recipe, because thawed frozen cranberries will be a bit mushier.
    GINGER TIP:

This recipe calls for fresh ginger. When using ginger it is easiest to cut off any gnarled spots before peeling. Once peeled you can grate it easily on a hand grater. Once it gets down to a nubbin of stringiness just toss the stringy mess away.
    SPICE LEVEL OF BEST CRANBERRY SALSA:

The jalapeños give this salsa a nice kick, but you are welcome to make this according to your own taste preferences and use more or less jalapeño.
    SERVING SUGGESTIONS:

A common and popular way to serve cranberry salsa is over a brick of cream cheese. You can also serve it up plain, as you would any salsa. It pairs well with Wheat Thins, Ritz crackers, and tortilla chips.

STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS:

Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
    If you like this recipe, you may also be interested in some of my other holiday recipe favorites:

Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.

The Best Cranberry Salsa

Cranberry Salsa over Cream Cheese (thestayathomechef.com)

Antipasto Cheese Ball Christmas Tree

antipasto cheese ball christmas tree is a showstopper! move over antipasto platters…this Christmas tree is even better!

The ultimate holiday cheese ball recipe! Full of sun dried tomatoes, red bell peppers, chives and seasonings on the inside. It’s the OUTSIDE is where it gets serious with antipasto Christmas tree decorations! Serve it on a platter with cold meats such as salami and prosciutto, PLUS crackers!

Christmas tree

What better way to kick off your festivities than with an edible Christmas tree? A fully loaded cheese ball tree filled with your favourite antipasti ingredients.
    what cheese is best for cheese balls?

Packaged cream cheese will work here, as in full fat or low fat. I don’t suggest using spreadable cream cheese as it may collapse before serving, while packaged cream cheese hardens back up in the refrigerator after shaping.
    Make sure your cream cheese is easy to work with and softened to help mix the other ingredients through it properly. Take it out of the refrigerator at least half an hour before starting the dip for easier mixing.
    The dip part is extremely versatile. If you want to add different ingredients to suit your tastes, go for it!

how to make cheese ball christmas tree

1. To mould the tree out of your cream cheese dip, you’ll need to place a piece of plastic wrap down on your bench top first, then scoop out the prepared dip onto the plastic wrap.
    2. Place another piece of plastic wrap over it to cover it and mould it with your hands until it forms a tree. Depending on the width of your plastic wrap, you may need a second piece to completely cover it so you don’t get dip all over your hands.
    3. The cream cheese is more stable in a wider tree shape rather than a tall, thin tree. The taller tree folds over and collapses.
    4. If you find your cream cheese has softened too much and won’t hold its shape, refrigerate it until it thickens again.

If you need a visual, watch the video at the bottom of this post!

christmas tree cheese ball

After you’ve moulded it, use a cake spatula or knife to smooth it out.

Then cover it completely wth antipasto ingredients! I used mixed olives and sun dried tomatoes for mine, and used a yellow bell pepper (capsicum) to cut out a star for the top! THEN, for added flavour, brush over the olives with some sun dried tomato oil from the jar! YUM!

The BEST holiday cheese ball!
    how long can a cheese ball keep in the refrigerator?

Cheese balls will usually last for 24 to 48 hours in the refrigerator.
    Creamy deliciousness on the inside of this Antipasto Cheese Ball Christmas Tree!

looking for more christmas showstoppers?

Caprese Christmas Wreath
    Bloomin’ Onion Garlic Bread (Pull Apart Bread)
    Brown Sugar Mustard Glazed Ham Recipe
    antipasto cheese ball christmas tree on video!

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED DECEMBER 12, 2017.

ANTIPASTO CHEESE BALL CHRISTMAS TREE
    Antipasto Cheeseball Christmas Tree is a showstopper! Move over antipasto platters...this Christmas tree is even better! Not only is this cheeseball full of sun dried tomatoes, red bell peppers, chives and seasonings on the inside, the OUTSIDE is where it gets antipasto serious! Serve it on a platter with cold meats such as salami and prosciutto, PLUS crackers!

Antipasto Cheese Ball Christmas Tree - Cafe Delites

Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pie

By Maria Lichty
    75 Comments
    View Recipe

Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pie Is The BEST Pumpkin Pie Recipe. This Pumpkin Pie Will Be Everyone’s Favorite Thanksgiving Dessert!

The Secret Ingredient to the BEST Pumpkin Pie

Confession, I am really not a pie person when it comes to dessert. I would rather have a cookie or brownie any day. And I really don’t like pumpkin pie…at all. BUT there is one exception, I do love Josh’s pumpkin pie because it is different. It has a secret ingredient that is a major game changer. Josh adds salted caramel sauce to the traditional pumpkin pie and it is EPIC! This is hands down the BEST pumpkin pie in the world!
    OTHER RECIPES

Pumpkin Pie, a Thanksgiving Tradition

Pumpkin pie is a Thanksgiving tradition. We always had Libby’s pumpkin pie at our Thanksgiving feasts and I would always try to like it, but I would always take a bite and give my piece to my dad. I wanted to love pumpkin pie, but I could never get on board. I always felt bad because pumpkin pie is a holiday tradition.
    But now I can embrace the tradition and eat an entire piece of pumpkin pie because this Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pie is perfection! Sorry Libby, but Josh’ pumpkin pie is the BEST! In fact, we were going to put this recipe in our cookbook, but everyone that tried it told us they couldn’t wait for the book, they NEEDED it on the blog for the holidays because they wanted to make it for their family and friends. We decided to share it because we didn’t want to ruin anyone’s Thanksgiving

Tips for Making the Best Pumpkin Pie

• Start with your favorite pie crust. You can make the pie crust from scratch or use store-bought. We love this pie crust recipe. It makes two pie crusts, you can use one and freeze the other or make two pies. You might need two pumpkin pies because this pie always goes fast
    • After you roll out the pie dough, place it in a pie pan, and crimp the edges, you will need to blind bake the pie. What is blind baking? It is basically pre-baking the crust so the pie crust doesn’t shrink and so the bottom doesn’t get soggy. This is necessary for pumpkin pie and other cream and custard pies. To blind bake, you can weigh the pie down with pie weights, dry beans, or dry rice. Make sure the weights cover the bottom of the pie and press against the sides of the pie. The weights on the bottom will keep the pie from puffing up and the weights against the sides will keep the sides from sinking as the crust bakes.

• Make sure you buy pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. We are making our own pumpkin pie filling and it’s SO much better. You will love all of the spices and the secret ingredient, salted caramel sauce.
    • You can use our homemade salted caramel sauce, it’s the best! If you want to use store-bought, you can, just make sure you get a nice, thick caramel sauce, not ice cream topping. Trader Joe’s salted caramel sauce is really good if you are in a pinch.
    • If the edges of the pie crust start to get too brown, you can cover them with a pie shield.
    • When the pie is done baking, turn off the oven and let the pie cool in the oven with the oven door slightly open. This will prevent cracking. Remove from oven when the pie is cooled to room temperature.

• When the pie is cool, cut into slices and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
    • To store, cover the cooled pie loosely with plastic wrap or foil and keep in the refrigerator up to 3 days.

Best Thanksgiving Dessert

Make this Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving and you will be the hit of the holiday. Everyone will LOVE it and wonder why this pumpkin pie is SO delicious? I am telling you, that salted caramel is magical! You can tell them the secret ingredient or you can keep it our little secret. Just beware, they are going to beg you for the recipe…or they will just assign you to bring pumpkin pie to Thanksgiving every year because this pie is the BEST Thanksgiving dessert.

If you like this pumpkin pie recipe, you might also like:

PIES/TARTS
    Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pie

This is hands down the BEST pumpkin pie recipe! You will LOVE the salted caramel sauce addition. Make this epic pie for Thanksgiving and Christmas! It will for sure be the favorite dessert at your feast!

Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pie Recipe (twopeasandtheirpod.com)

The Best Sweet Potato Casserole with Butter Pecan Crumble Topping

by AVERIE SUNSHINE // 168 comments

This post may contain affiliate links.

Jump to Recipe

Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping — This is the BEST sweet potato casserole ever!! The sweet potatoes are tender and creamy, while the streusel topping adds a delightful buttery crunch thanks to the pecans!

I love sweet potatoes and have a ton of recipes using them from bread to enchiladas, but I was missing a classic: sweet potato casserole. It was about time I made it and we loved every bite because this isn’t just any ole sweet potato casserole recipe. The crunchy butter pecan crumble topping really sets it apart.
    This sweet potato casserole with pecans is an easy recipe to make and assemble before baking it off, especially if you’re cooking it for a holiday meal like Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve dinner.
    When cooking a holiday meal it’s so helpful to have as many things in the ‘ready to pop into the oven’ stage as possible, and this easy sweet potato casserole is one of those dishes. I’d prep it the night before, cover, and refrigerate if you’re planning on prepping in advance.
    The mashed sweet potatoes are so tender, creamy, and fluffy while the crumbly, streusel topping adds a buttery, brown sugary crunch thanks to the pecans.
    The brown sugar caramelizes in the oven with the butter and the topping is irresistible. I kind of want to put this topping on everything now.
    I originally posted this recipe in November 2016 and it’s become a reader and family favorite and holiday staple over the years. You and your family will absolutely adore it!

Ingredients

Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy sweet potato casserole with pecan topping:

• Sweet potatoes
    • Eggs
    • Unsalted butter
    • Milk
    • Light brown sugar
    • Granulated sugar
    • Vanilla extract
    • Salt
    • Ground nutmeg and cinnamon
    • All-purpose flour

• Fisher pecan halves

I used Fisher Pecan Halves. Fisher Nuts are preservative-free and non-GMO Project Verified, making them an excellent choice for cooking and holiday baking. The resealable bag helps keep the nuts fresh for longer.

How to Make Sweet Potato Casserole

I’m not even remotely exaggerating when I say this is the best sweet potato casserole recipe! To make it, you’ll first need to boil the sweet potatoes in a large pot until fork tender.
    Then, add the cooked sweet potatoes to a large bowl along with the eggs, butter, milk, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Once combined (I like to use a potato masher!), turn the sweet potato mixture into a greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
    Once the sweet potato base is done, you can move onto the pecan crumble topping. Melt the butter, then toss with the brown sugar, flour, salt. You’re looking for the mixture to resemble crumbs. Stir in the pecans, then sprinkle the crumble topping over the sweet potatoes.
    Bake the sweet potato casserole with pecan topping until the top is lightly golden brown, the edges are set, and the center is mostly set.

Can I Make This Recipe in Advance?

Yes! You can assemble the entire casserole the night before, cover it with foil, and refrigerate it until ready to bake. Baked the prepped casserole straight from the fridge and add 10 to 15 minutes to the bake time.

How to Reheat Sweet Potato Casserole

If you need to reheat this sweet potato casserole with pecans, I recommend covering it with foil so the pecan topping doesn’t burn and then placing it in a warm oven. It’ll likely need to be in the oven for a good 15 to 20 minutes, possibly more if the oven is cooler than 300ºF.
    How to Store Leftovers

If stored in an airtight container, this easy sweet potato casserole will last up to a week in the fridge.
    Can You Freeze Sweet Potato Casserole?

Yes, you can assemble the sweet potato layer, bake, let cool, then freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat the prepped casserole, thaw overnight in the fridge. Make a fresh batch of topping, sprinkle it over the casserole, and bake until done.

Pro Tips and Tricks

Milk: You’re welcome to use any unsweetened milk you’d like in this sweet potato casserole recipe (dairy or non-dairy milk will work). I used an unsweetened cashew milk, but use whatever you have on hand.
    Bake time: My sweet potato casserole took 50 minutes to bake because I started with it cold from the fridge (I prepped it the night before). Note that baking times will vary based on the pan used (glass or ceramic baking dishes will bake for longer than metal pans), your oven, climate, ingredient variances, etc. To be safe, start checking your sweet potato casserole with pecan topping at 30 minutes.
    Amount of sweet potatoes: Lastly, a few readers have asked how many sweet potatoes equal 4 pounds. My best advice is to weigh your potatoes at the grocery store to see how many you’ll need. The number of sweet potatoes needed will vary depending on their size.

4.5 Stars (336 Reviews)

YIELD: 8 SERVINGS Sweet Potato Casserole with Butter Pecan Crumble Topping

prep time
    15 MINUTES

cook time
    1 HOUR

total time
    1 HOUR 15 MINUTES

This is the BEST sweet potato casserole ever! The sweet potatoes are tender and creamy, while the streusel topping adds a delightful buttery crunch thanks to the pecans.
    INGREDIENTS

Filling

• 4 pounds raw sweet potatoes, diced into large chunks and boiled
    • 2 large eggs
    • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
    • 1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened cashewmilk)
    • 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
    • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
    • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, optional

Topping

• 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

• 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
    • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
    • 1 cup Fisher Pecan Halves

INSTRUCTIONS

Make the Filling

1. To a large stockpot, add the sweet potato chunks, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Cook over high heat until sweet potatoes are fork tender. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
      2. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 2.5 to 3-quart baking dish or a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
      3. To the large bowl with the sweet potatoes, add the eggs, butter, milk, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, salt, optional nutmeg, optional cinnamon, and beat with a handheld electric mixer on medium-high speed until combined and fluffy.
      4. Turn out into baking dish, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula; set aside.

Make the Topping

1. To a large microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
      2. Add the brown sugar, flour, salt, and toss with a fork or your fingers until moist crumbs form.
      3. Add the pecans and toss to incorporate.

LEARN MORE

4. Evenly turn topping out over filling.
      5. Bake the sweet potato casserole for about 45 minutes (or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours if you’re prepping it in advance), or until top is lightly golden browned, set on the edges, and mostly set in the center. Mine took 50 minutes because I started with it cold from the fridge because I prepped it the night before. Baking time will vary based on pan used (glass or ceramic baking dishes will bake for longer than metal pans), oven, climate, ingredient variances, etc. Start checking at 30 minutes.
      6. Serve immediately. Extra will keep airtight for up to 1 week in the fridge.

NUTRITION INFORMATION:

YIELD:

8 SERVING SIZE:

Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 569TOTAL FAT: 24gSATURATED FAT: 10gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 13gCHOLESTEROL: 82mgSODIUM: 358mgCARBOHYDRATES: 84gFIBER: 8gSUGAR: 39gPROTEIN: 8g

© Averie Sunshine
    CUISINE: American / CATEGORY: Sides, Salads & Vegetables

More Thanksgiving Recipes:

Honey-Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey-Cinnamon Dip – The honey glaze and the creamy cinnamon dip make these potatoes irresistible!!

The BEST Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping - Averie Cooks

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

by Holly
    Oct2, 2021
    4.94 from 136 votes

This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.

This Pumpkin Crunch Cake has all of the flavor (and texture) of a traditional pumpkin pie in a super easy recipe.
    Simple to make, this recipe starts with a cake mix and a can of pumpkin and ends with an amazing fall dessert.

What is Pumpkin Crunch Cake?

• This is an easy dessert that reminds me of pumpkin pie.
    • Since it makes a 9×13 pan, it’s perfect to feed a crowd.
    • Pumpkin crunch cake is best made ahead so it’s the perfect holiday dessert.
    • It’s super quick and easy to make with a box of yellow cake mix sprinkled over a pumpkin base!

Ingredients in Pumpkin Crunch Cake

PUMPKIN MIXTURE: This recipe uses the same ingredients you’d add to pumpkin pie.
    Canned pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.
    CAKE MIX: A standard yellow cake mix is what I usually use but try another flavor (like spice cake mix) to change it up.
    TOPPING: Chopped pecans complement the pumpkin flavor, but so will walnuts or even toasted coconut.

How to Make Pumpkin Crunch Cake

Everyone will love this perfect pumpkin crunch cake!

1. Mix the pumpkin mixture (per recipe below) and spread into a 9×13 pan.
    2. Sprinkle yellow cake mix evenly over the top of the batter.
    3. Top with pecans & drizzle melted butter over the top.
    4. Bake.

Let the cake cool completely and serve with ice cream or whipped cream.

How to Store

• In the Fridge: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. Serve cold or reheat in the oven.
    • In the Freezer: Leftovers can be frozen for up to four weeks. Freeze cooled portions in zippered bags with the date labeled on the outside. Pop-out a portion and add it to a lunchbox or briefcase as a tasty mid-morning snack.

Perfect Pumpkin Desserts

Did your family love this Pumpkin Crunch Cake? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

Pumpkin Crunch Cake is the perfect fall dessert! A rich layer of pumpkin cake is topped with pecans and a simple 2 ingredient streusel.
    savepinreviewprint

prep time15 minutes
    cook time1 hour
    total time1 hour 15 minutes

servings15 servings

Holly Nilsson

ingredients [COLOR=var(--wp--preset--color--primary)]1x2x3x[/COLOR]

• ▢15 ounces canned pumpkin
    • ▢12 ounces evaporated milk
    • ▢3 large eggs
    • ▢¾ cup sugar
    • ▢1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
    • ▢¼ teaspoon salt
    • ▢1 package yellow cake mix
    • ▢1 cup pecans chopped
    • ▢1 cup unsalted butter melted

instructions

• Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9x13 pan and set aside.

• In a bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, & salt. Pour into the prepared pan.
    • Gently sprinkle the cake mix powder over the pumpkin mixture and top with pecans.
    • Drizzle melted butter over the cake mix & pecans layer.
    • Bake 25 minutes uncovered. Cover with foil and bake an additional 25 minutes.
    • Remove from oven and uncover (be careful, the steam will be hot). Cool completely.
    • Cut into squares and serve with ice cream.

Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
    courseCake, Dessert

cuisine American

© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.

Pumpkin Crunch Cake - Spend with Pennies

Last edited by Airbornesapper07; 11-15-2022 at 01:31 AM.

Home » Recipes » Vegetarian » Cranberry and Brie puff pastry wreath

CRANBERRY AND BRIE PUFF PASTRY WREATH

December 1, 2021 by Alida Ryder 82 Comments

Golden puff pastry wreath filled with sweet cranberry sauce, oozy Brie cheese and pistachios is a fantastic addition to your holiday cheese board.

Listen, if there’s one recipe to make during the holidays, it’s this one. There’s a reason this video has been viewed more than 3 million times on Facebook! The buttery, golden puff pastry with the sweet cranberries, melty brie cheese and crunchy pistachios is just such a lovely addition to your cheeseboard and will make an awesome appetizer or starter.
    And isn’t it just the prettiest thing you’ve ever seen? I love this technique of making a wreath and you can bet your bottom dollar, you’ll be seeing a lot more of this on Simply Delicious in the future. But for now I’m going to leave you to go gather all these ingredients and get baking because honestly, once you taste this puff pastry recipe, you’ll want to make it again and again!

INGREDIENTS

Full pastry wreath recipe with instructions can be found in the recipe card.

• Puff pastry. I use frozen and thawed store-bought puff pastry.
    • Brie. Camembert can also be used.
    • Cranberry preserves/sauce. I use store-bought but you can of course use homemade.
    • Pistachios. Flaked almonds, roughly chopped pecans or hazelnuts will also work. Alternatively leave the nuts out entirely.
    • Beaten egg.

HOW TO MAKE A PUFF PASTRY WREATH FOR CHRISTMAS

1. Shape the pastry: Allow the pastry to thaw then roll out until ½cm/¼inch thick. Use a large round bowl as a guide and cut the puff pastry into a large disc. With a sharp knife, cut a star into the center.
    2. Add the filling: Spread the cranberry sauce over the pastry (avoiding the center star) then add the Brie and pistachios. Pull each point of the star over the filling towards the outer edge and pinch the pastry together with your fingers.

3. Bake: Brush with egg wash then bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and puffed. Allow to rest for 10 minutes then serve.

FREEZING AND MAKING AHEAD

1. Freezing: Depending on the fillings, the assembled wreath can be frozen before baking. Certain cheese might change texture once thawed. Bake the wreath from frozen until golden brown and crisp.
    2. Make ahead: The wreath can be assembled and kept covered in the fridge for up to 2 days before baking. The wreath can be baked up to an hour before serving.

PUFF PASTRY RECIPES

1. Easy cranberry and Brie pastry puffs
    2. Cheesy puff pastry jalapeño bites

3. Sun-dried tomato basil mozzarella wreath
    4. Easy caramel apple puff galette
    5. Easy weekday chicken pot pie
    6. Pigs in a blanket wreath with maple-mustard dipping sauce

Cranberry and Brie puff pastry wreath

Golden puff pastry wreath filled with sweet cranberry sauce, oozy Brie cheese and pistachios is a fantastic addition to your holiday cheese board.

4.38 from 193 votes

Author: Alida Ryder
    Ingredients

• 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
    • 2-3 tablespoons cranberry sauce
    • 200 g Brie cheese sliced
    • 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts roughly chopped
    • 1 egg beaten

Instructions

• Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
    • Roll the pastry out to around 5mm thick and cut a large circle out of the pastry.

• Lay the pastry on the prepared baking sheet.
    • Mark a circle with a medium-sized bowl and with a sharp knife, cut 4 cuts into the center circle. (As demonstrated in the video.)
    • Spread the cranberry sauce around the center "star" then top with the Brie and pistachios.
    • Bring one point of the center star over the filling as well as bringing the outer edge of pastry inwards. Press the two together and continue until you have a wreath.
    • Brush with beaten egg then place in the oven and allow to bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
    • Remove from the oven, allow to rest for 5 minutes then slice and serve.

Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 272mg | Potassium: 98mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 0.9mg

Cranberry and Brie puff pastry wreath - Simply Delicious (simply-delicious-food.com)

Joe Biden Just RUINED Thanksgiving

Dinesh D'Souza

JOE BIDEN JUST RUINED THANKSGIVING

averiecooks.com

Sweet Potato Casserole with Butter Pecan Crumble Topping

336 reviews
    Serves 8
    This is the BEST sweet potato casserole ever! The sweet potatoes are tender and creamy, while the streusel topping adds a delightful buttery crunch thanks to the pecans

Averie Cooks- Quick and Easy Family Friendly Meals for Real Life!

730k followers

12 ingredients

Vegetarian
    Produce
    4 lbs Sweet potatoes, raw Refrigerated
    2 Eggs, large

Baking & Spices

1/2 cup All-purpose flour

1 1/4 cup Brown sugar, light packed

1/4 tsp Cinnamon

2 tbsp Granulated sugar

1/4 tsp Nutmeg, ground

3/4 tsp Salt

1 tsp Vanilla extract

Nuts & Seeds
    1 cup Fisher pecan, Halves
    Dairy
    9/16 cup Butter, unsalted

1/2 cup Milk

120 comments