Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxas
    Do you understand the reason for the Sabbath? The concept is that in order for a moral people to remain moral and to have the opportunity to calmly meditate upon God's teachings, there must be a day of rest
    Some early Christian groups believed the God of the OT was Satan himself. And they had reasons to believe it so. Every day can be a Sabbath for the soul. What happens to the state of the body is irrelevant. Either side wins.. there isn't just one correct interpretation!
    First off, you are confusing the Pagan Gnostics with the Christians and Christian Gnostics. Only the Pagan Gnostics held that the creator, whom they called Ialdabaoth, was an evil demiurge. So you are wrong about "early Christians" believing that the OT God was Satan. If you had read the Bible, you would understand that such a belief would be untenable with any reasonable understanding of the scriptures and that the term Satan itself means "enemy." It would have made little sense for the Hebrew patriarchs to repeatedly invoke the favor of the enemy!

The idea that "every day can be a Sabbath for the soul" is patently absurd, unless of course you are a monk. So is the idea that there is not one correct interpretation. Just as there is only one correct answer to the mathematical question of the sum of 2 + 2, so can there only be one ultimately correct answer to the intent of the word of God.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    But I won't discuss this further, for this site is not intended for theological debates.
    Well darling, you were the one who started this theological debate in the first place, so why are you now telling us this site is not the place for it, is it because the debate is more than you bargained for?

Anyway, from what I learned in our education system is to question everything
    Thus the reason that the educational system is the filthy quagmire it is nowdays and why so many people are finding alternatives to their local public schools.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If you took God, out of the 10 commandments, which I totally disagree with, they would still be of great value in our nation, if everyone, tried to follow them to the best of his or her ability, we would be a much better nation for it.Roxas, You evidently have not listened to the polls around the country, you know, the ones that say 80 to 90% believe in God, the thing is the rest of the people out there are just a lot more vocal about their total disdain and dismissal of God in our country, and are trying to push their "lack" of belief and morals on the rest of us, courtesy of the ACLU, the Atheist community, and last but least, our Nutty Professors in our way to the left colleges out there! Can you honestly say Roxas, that since prayer has been taken out of the schools, our kids are better off? Pardon me if I am wrong about this, I don't believe we ever had a school shooting before that troubling event took place did we? Before our country became so immoral , we didn't have grown men going into our schools, trying to rape little girls, when that failed, shooting them down like deer for sport. As for the Sabbath, that is Gods day and it should be kept to honor him and our relationship with him, as well as a day of rest, somehow, I really don't believe you want to work 24/7. We have fallen so far from grace that 2 of the movies honored at Sundance this year, one of them showing a little girl being raped by her father, the other a very tastefully done movie about a man having sex with a horse! Yes I think we can all see just how much better off our country is, now that the 10 to 20 percent, of the nation who have no beliefs in anything except for themselves, have with the help of the ACLU, managed to foster their lack of values on our Nation, how very "enlightened" we have become!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Roxas, you started this theological part of this thread, I simply posted a witty forwarded email, so instead of backpeddling out of what you started, finish it.

You know Roxas, you are in a minority in this nation, and I personally will not step aside, and allow the very beliefs this nation was founded on, and beliefs that the majority, including myself, hold to be true, and also dear, for you and a handful of fatihless to be set aside, so you can live without having to face the reality of personal moral conviction.

This country is ruled my a majority, this is a fact, and the majority believe in God.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12