Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Treason - what is it?

Since this is the general discussion area, I thought I would try to start a discussion on the nature and various definitions of treason. Treason is a word that gets used quite a bit on this site, sometimes rightly, sometimes wrongly. I believe that it is important when employing rhetoric to be clear as to the idea that one is attempting to convey, and so I am curious as to the usage intended in general discussion here.

My own opinion is that there are at least two practical definitions of treason, one of which is the common usage and one of which is the specific legally defined crime. When speaking of behavior that is injurious to the nation and its people in a general sense, it is acceptable to throw the term around with a bit less care than when stating a desire for the punishment of the criminal act of treason.

Before I post a little treatise I had previously written on the nature of treason, I would like to solicit comments from the other site members on this subject. Specifically:

1. How do you define treason?
    2. Who in this country do you believe is guilty of treason?
    3. Can one be a traitor and yet not guilty of the crime of treason?
    4. Name an act that you believe constitutes treason.

You may provide a response to any or all of the questions above or may feel free to discuss other elements of the subject as you see fit, bearing in mind that the object here is not to argue over whether or not this or that person is a traitor, but rather to refine the understanding of the term and its usage.

As I mentioned, I will provide a short treatise on treason and the historical application of therm in this country after some of you have had an opportunity to post your own comments and opinions.

JAK
    Definition:

1. betrayal of country: a violation of the allegiance owed by somebody to his or her own country, e.g. by aiding an enemy.
    See also high treason

2. treachery: betrayal or disloyalty

3. act of betrayal: an act of betrayal or disloyalty
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    Definition:

1. betrayal of country: a violation of the allegiance owed by somebody to his or her own country, e.g. by aiding an enemy.
    See also high treason

2. treachery: betrayal or disloyalty

3. act of betrayal: an act of betrayal or disloyalty
    Thanks, JAK. I include both dictionary and legal definitions in my treatise, but I want to know your own opinion, not Mr. Webster's.

JAK
    Anyone who aids in the destruction of this country. Outsourcing, insourcing (illegals)...allowing our borders to be massively overtaken by a foreign country. All of these free trade agreements that hurt this country, especially the middle class. REFUSING TO ENFORCE OUR CURRENT LAWS!! Selling out or giving our sovereignty away.
    Caring more about another people or country more than you do your own...and thereby aiding in its destruction.
    Some of the rest of you can do much better...but this is the way I see it!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Anyone who aids in the destruction of this country. Outsourcing, insourcing (illegals)...allowing our borders to be massively overtaken by a foreign country. All of these free trade agreements that hurt this country, especially the middle class. REFUSING TO ENFORCE OUR CURRENT LAWS!! Selling out or giving our sovereignty away.
    Caring more about another people or country more than you do your own...and thereby aiding in its destruction.
    Some of the rest of you and do much better...but this is the way I see it!
    Okay, for which of those things do you think a person could be charged for treason? Be specific.

I have to run out for a few hours, but I'll follow up when I return.

JAK
    IMO...they should be able to be charged for any and all of them. But...I'm sure I am wrong. But it should be ...for all of them.
    Both parties are traitors to the American people. They just wear a different name. Its all about money and power!

Some of the rest of you can do much better...but this is the way I see it!
    DITTO!!

I think you did just a magnificent job.

I'll just add if you don't mind:

1. ending our nation through merger or other means to combine our nation with others such as executing a Security and Prosperity Partnership with two foreign nations to benefit those nations while pursuing the creation of a bigger more perfect globalist union like the North American Union or Union of North America ... whatever they decide the name the Merger. I just call it the End of America Crap "EAC" ... it's easier!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

JAK
    IMO...

Mexico is an enemy. Why don't we treat them that way?

Pelosi...is known to hire illegal aliens. She is breaking the law. Why don't we treat her that way?

Illegals are breaking into our home. Why don't we treat them that way?

Murtha...we basically know that this man is dishonest, but we elect him in an offical seat. Why do we treat him THIS way?

bUSH/cHENEY are traitors. Why don't we treat them that way?

We can see on www.immigration.org who are also traitors...who DO NOT hold this country's best interest at heart...
    But ...there they sit...holding office?????

Banned
    I'll add some to what JAK stated. If Congress is aware that Bush is intending to keep our borders open and merge the US into a North American Union, thereby eroding US soverignty and our form of government based on the Constutution, and they are deliberately not performing their oversight duties in an effort to further this union, then all of Congress should also be charged with treason. As JAK said, this may or may not be technically considered treasonous, but it should be.

There is a very limited set of actions that can be tried for 'treason.'

Being a traitor doesn't necessarily mean that one can be tried for treason.

A good analogy is that john kerry & jane fonda could have faced charges of Treason due to their direct aiding and abetting of the enemy.

Others not as they didn't have direct contact. Can't remember exactly what the law states, but I know that Crocket will be able to clear that up quickly.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast