Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trump to meet with key Republicans opposed to health care bill

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump to meet with key Republicans opposed to health care bill

Trump to meet with key Republicans opposed to health care bill

By Dan Berman and Melissa Giaimo, CNN
    Updated 11:27 PM ET, Tue May 2, 2017

Story highlights

House Republicans are facing another collapse of health care legislation
    Reps. Upton and Long are concerned about how the bill will impact those with pre-existing conditions

(CNN)President Donald Trump will meet with two House Republicans opposed to the current health care bill Wednesday as the White House tries to salvage its effort to repeal and replace Obamacare.

Reps. Billy Long of Missouri and Fred Upton of Michigan will meet with the President to participate in negotiations on how pre-existing conditions are covered, Long said.

Long, who spoke with Trump Tuesday evening, said he and Upton are working on an amendment to try to protect people with pre-existing conditions.

"From day one, I've supported the rights of those with pre-existing illnesses to be covered, and in my view this undermines that effort, and I can't be a part of it," Upton told reporters Tuesday, explaining his decision to vote against the current bill. "Yes, there are ways to fix it. But the proposal that's on the table now doesn't work."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/politi...lth-care-bill/
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This should be a good meeting because Trump also is adamant about protecting pre-existing conditions. I've noticed in the language used by the media and some in Congress, they are mixing up the issues of pre-existing conditions and the essential benefits issues, they are using them interchangeably, so hopefully Trump and these two Republicans can get to the bottom of just exactly what is proposed and what it does and does not do and fix it. I would love to see all Republicans support whatever bill is finalized in the House. The Senate is going to fiddle with it anyway, so just come to an agreement and get it to the Senate.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn