Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The US Has Become A Worse Police State Than Orwell Could Imagine

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    The Free Thought Project originally shared:

Police State Insanity! Cops Assault and Arrest This Man for Saying ‘F**k’

“Stop cussing in the street or you’re going to jail too!”
    Unbelievable!

Video here >> http://bit.ly/WZBEJA

The Free Thought Project's photos

Police State Insanity! Cops Assault and Arrest This Man for Saying ‘F**k’

The Free Thought Project Matt Agorist July 27, 2014 (Wakeforest, N.C.) — A video uploaded to youtube Wednesday by Janell Gill, shows a man being arrested and tasered by the Wake Forest Police Department for allegedly saying the word “****.”
    At the beginning of the video we can see that police are tasering him and claiming that he is ‘resisting.’
    He is face down on the pavement, with 3 cops on top of him, with taser prongs in his back, while cops are twisting his arms into painful positions, and because he is not completely limp, they are calling it ‘resisting.’
    Since the video doesn’t begin until after the man is on the ground, it could lead the viewer to assert that he could have done something else to be in this position, other than say ‘****.’ However, at the 2:00 mark, one of the arresting officers explains why he is arresting this man.
    “Right now he’s being arrested for disorderly conduct…he’s cursing in the street…”

When the onlookers begin voicing their complaints to the officers, they are threatened with arrest as well.

Apparently Wake Forest Cops think that the First Amendment does is not applicable in this neighborhood.

The Free Thought Project Matt Agorist July 27, 2014 (Wakeforest, N.C.) — A video uploaded to youtube Wednesday by Janell Gill, shows a man being arrested and tasered by the Wake Forest Police Department for allegedly saying the word “****.”
    At the beginning of the video we can see that police are tasering him and claiming that he is ‘resisting.’
    He is face down on the pavement, with 3 cops on top of him, with taser prongs in his back, while cops are twisting his arms into painful positions, and because he is not completely limp, they are calling it ‘resisting.’
    Since the video doesn’t begin until after the man is on the ground, it could lead the viewer to assert that he could have done something else to be in this position, other than say ‘****.’ However, at the 2:00 mark, one of the arresting officers explains why he is arresting this man.
    “Right now he’s being arrested for disorderly conduct…he’s cursing in the street…”

When the onlookers begin voicing their complaints to the officers, they are threatened with arrest as well.

Apparently Wake Forest Cops think that the First Amendment does is not applicable in this neighborhood.

Kudos to Mr. Gill for filming this incident and using such professionalism with the police.
    If the Wake Forest Police Department is so concerned with the language of an individual they should send a SWAT team south into Dalton, Georgia to arrest Officer John Gurrieri, who dropped the f-bomb several times, on a school bus, full of children.

If the Wake Forest Police Department is so concerned with the language of an individual they should send a SWAT team south into Dalton, Georgia to arrest Officer John Gurrieri, who dropped the f-bomb several times, on a school bus, full of children.

Published on Dec 3, 2013
    It's a caught-on-tape moment you have to hear to believe. Two Dalton Police Officers hurling the f-bomb and other four-letter words at children on a school bus. Now those cops are in a heap of trouble with not only parents - but the city as well.

Dalton Police Chief Jason Parker says they usually keep things like these under wraps. But this time, he says he felt the community needed to know what happened. Many we spoke with say an officer should never use offensive language to make a point, even if the children themselves are using four-letter words.

She can't f****** focus on what she's doing? What if she flips the bus over or hits somebody? You think it's f****** funny when you're all hurt or throwing up because your hurt. What's funny then, Officer John Gurrieri says on the bus.

Along with veteran officer Steven Collins, Gurrieri was was dispatched to Glenwood Avenue. That's where a bus driver called 911, saying more than 50 kids on her bus were out of control and she couldn't focus on driving safely.

Do ya'll in the back understand what's happening? The Dalton Police is coming out here, the bus driver yelled at students.

When Officer Gurrieri arrives, it's what he says that got him suspended, not how he says it.

You're hiding your face. Look at me like a man. You wanna grow up and be a m

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/pol...arrest-man-fk/

Is using foul language part of free speech, what do you all think?? I didn't think it was an arrestable offense, maybe a citiation, but an arrestable offense..not too sure there!!!!
    Last edited by kathyet2; 08-03-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Banned
    New Yorkers Push for Charges in Police Chokehold Death

Furious New Yorkers are calling for criminal charges after a man’s death in a police chokehold was ruled a homicide.

USA Today
    Natalie Diblasio
    August 3, 2014“They killed somebody,” neighbor Charlene Thomas said. “Why? Because they’re cops, they gotta get away with this?”
    Officer Daniel Pantaleo and another officer tried to arrest Eric Garner, a 6-foot-3, 350-pound father of six, for selling untaxed cigarettes on a Staten Island street July 17.

Video shot by a passerby showed Pantaleo, an eight-year NYPD veteran, grabbing Garner, 43, around the neck as he and his partner wrestled him to the ground. Police rules forbid chokeholds. Garner was transported to a medical center, where he was pronounced dead.

video at link below

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/yor...yaP8hfXiLY2.99

Banned
    Top law-enforcement pro fights 'warrior cop' thinking

'This isn't Iraq. I don't think you want to indoctrinate your officers'

Published: 07/26/2014 at 6:37 PM Jack Minor About | Email | Archive Jack Minor is a journalist and researcher who served in the United States Marine Corps under President Reagan. Also a former pastor, he has written hundreds of articles and been interviewed about his work on many TV and radio outlets.

GREELEY, Colo. – As police frequently face accusations of responding to calls with excessive force, illegal procedures and military weapons and tactics, one top cop with more than 45 years of law enforcement experience is taking action against the “warrior cop” mentality.

“This isn’t Iraq, this isn’t Afghanistan. I don’t think you want to indoctrinate your officers with the warrior mentality to the extent that if you’re a warrior then you have got to have a war,” Greeley, Colorado, Police Chief Jerry Garner said.
    Garner’s department is not a typical small-town America operation. A 2008 situation report by the U.S. Department of Justice, National Drug Intelligence Center showed Greeley is one of many American cities where the presence of Mexican drug cartels has been documented.
    In 2010, Weld County Deputy Sam Brownlee was killed in Greeley after a high-speed pursuit in which the suspect grabbed the officer’s gun.
    Despite events such as these, Garner believes the warrior-cop mentality isn’t necessary. He told WND he focuses his officer training on avoiding the use of deadly force when possible.
    “There’s an old adage in sports that says you play as you practice,” Garner said. “People need to understand that if an officer is trained right, when they get in an armed confrontation many times they almost go on autopilot.”
    Garner said ultimately the solution is to have the right level of ongoing training for officers so that knowing when to use deadly force becomes second nature.
    See what’s happening across America over and over, in “Police State U.S.A.”
    “We had a situation in the last couple of weeks where we talked with an officer after an incident, and he told us everything he learned in his training just kicked in almost instinctively. Because of that you want that training to be right in the first place,” he said.
    Garner said a key to avoiding the use of deadly force is teaching officers through simulated scenarios that using their firearm is not the only option when faced with a threat.
    “While you want to train your people to be safe, you also want to train them to recognize that there could be another option besides the use of lethal force,” Garner said. “I’ve been very pleased as police chief over some of the things I’ve seen our people do over the last year to avoid the use of lethal force even in cases where ethically, legally and across the spectrum it would’ve been justified.
    “Instead, they went the extra step in order to save a life even in some cases where they did so at considerable risk to themselves.”
    In a recent column in the Greeley Tribune, Garner provided instances of his officers taking steps to avoid violence.

• One night, shortly after midnight, a Greeley officer broke up a fight outside a local bar. One of the combatants told the officer he had a gun, reached into his pants and then ran. He was arrested without incident.
    • Officers another time encountered a man on a first aid call. When told to show his hands, he produced a knife and advanced while challenging the officers to shoot him. He was arrested after being hit with a Taser.
    • GPD responded on a Sunday night to a residence after the caller stated a relative had pointed a gun at him. Officers found the man inside the house with a gun in his hand. Officers were able to take the man to the floor with no shots fired.
    • A GPD officer stopped a traffic violator, and the man got out of his vehicle and repeatedly reached into his waistband as if he had a weapon. After the man was taken into custody it was learned that he had just attempted to kill an individual by running him down and was attempting to commit “suicide by cop.”
    • Shortly before midnight, officers located a man who was reported to have just threatened another man with a gun. When confronted, he drew a semiautomatic pistol and held it at his side. GPD officers did not fire and instead directed beanbag rounds at the man. He was knocked to the ground and surrendered.

Garner said the push toward being “warrior cops” is not indicative of all departments.
    The militarization of police forces traces back to the creation of the first SWAT team in the 1960s by Daryl Gates, an inspector with the Los Angeles Police Department. Gates created SWAT to deal with situations like the 1965 Watts riots.
    Garner told WND he believes the warrior-cop trend is partly due to a breakdown in respect for authority that used to exist for police officers.
    “What I am seeing is an increase in the number of people who are willing to take us on that didn’t exist years ago,” Garner said. “While I don’t know if police officers should necessarily be intimidating, the reality is years ago the bad guys were more intimidated by the presence of a police officer then they are today, and they are more likely to resist arrest.”
    He said there also are more criminals who are armed, and “when they encounter a police officer who is trying to take them into custody they are increasingly willing to rely on that weapon.”
    “This is happening now more than at any other time in my career,” he said.
    Garner said when he talks to fellow police chiefs across the state and nation they tell him they are seeing similar trends.
    He explained that as a result, police departments began changing their training to include officer safety courses as a matter of necessity.
    “When I first became a police officer in 1969 there was no such thing as officer safety training. Over the last several decades we started teaching officer safety, how to stay alive in the streets. As a result, the number of officers killed has generally come down over the past 11 years.”
    He said he wants to mitigate against the phenomenon seen in war, when one side’s raising of the level of hostilities prompts the other to respond in kind.
    “When I’m teaching officer safety and I talk to these young police officers about all of the bad things that could happen to them out there, I don’t want them to be jumping at every noise they hear and everything they see out of the corner of their eye,” he said.
    “You don’t want them to develop a hair trigger for everything they see to the point they assume something bad is going to happen to them. Very frequently the police department gets young officers out of the academy, and the first thing their new supervisors have to do is calm them down and tell them that while everything they learned in the academy about officer safety is valid, they still need to recognize that not everybody they encounter on the street is trying to kill them.”
    He also prefers the term “peace officer.”
    “You don’t often hear the term peace officer used much anymore,” Garner said. “While my use of the term may show that I’m somewhat dated, I still believe that we’re out here … to keep the peace and hopefully you can do that without an arrest, hopefully you can do that without the use of force.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/top-law-e...cmpOC67l27q.99

working4change7 days ago Easy...
    when cops are friendly, respectful, but firm crime is low.
    when cops are rude, judgemental, and only enforce when they feel like it. Crime is HIGH.
    when cops are approachable and open to talking about anything, people will report and go out of their way to help them. Crime is avoided and people dont hide from them.
    In most cities with high crime, people fear the police. They fear being arrested, or bad cops tell the criminals thry talked and get families murdered. If you cant trust those that are supposed to Defend you then everything falls apart.
    Most come from a few things
    losing rights to defend yourself.
    being demonized or arrested for defending yourself and those you care about.
    police and officials that want control and dictate in exchange for more services. They only lead to more restrictions with "promises" of safer better life.
    we need less government oversight of our lives. Cops will do better if citizens are armed if thry choose. When citizens are armed and trust the police.... they work together! Crime just stops! Go to any town with hunters and PRO GUN policies. Violent crime dropps to nothing. Yes people argue. Yes people get in to fights. If people feel safe there is less of all violence.
    cop should never be your enemy..... but cops should stand up and report bad cops.
    we all have enough to blame for this problem

So True, sometimes good ones get lost in the shuffle. HMMMM is this our working4change????
    Last edited by kathyet2; 08-03-2014 at 02:02 PM.

Banned
    Police Chief Explains Why He Thinks It’s Okay To Violate Your Rights

August 2, 2014

Published on Aug 2, 2014
    SALT LAKE CITY — Materials related to the investigation of an officer for the discharge of a duty weapon that resulted in the death of a dog are now available online, including video of Chief Chris Burbank’s Q&A with reporters taped this morning.

While all documents will be archived at www.slcpd.com/after-action-assessment-pr*ogress, the following direct links are provided below:

• Video: Chief Burbank Q&A with reporters, 8/1/14
    • Report: Civilian Review Board report, 8/1/14
    • Press release: Internal Affairs Investigation Clears Officer
    • Disposition letter: Internal Affairs disposition letter to Sean Kendall
    • Dispatch call log for missing child, case #14-99228
    • Dispatch call log for firearm discharge, case #14-99265

Public feedback options:

Email: askthechief@slcgov.com

Mail: PO Box 145497
    SLC, Utah 84114-5497

Comment line: (801) 535-6061

###

Salt Lake City Police Chief Chris Burbank spoke with reporters at a recent press conference and explained to them why he believes that so long as the Police Department is looking for a “bad guy”, it is okay for them to violate the rights of the citizens they are assigned to serve and protect.

Read more at http://libertycrier.com/police-chief...vZYOY4GPGtP.99

Banned

Banned

Banned
    Loaded Police Shotgun Falls Off LAPD Motorcycle, Chaos Ensues
    Video/Story >> http://bit.ly/1oiR0hU

Banned
    An ex-police Sergent tells how and why you should fight ALL speeding fines

“‘Indiscriminate revenue gathering’ It is absolutely disgusting. The government and the Police Force need to hang their heads in shame.”

DriftSpec.orgAugust 2, 2014My name is Stan. I am a retired Sergeant of the Police force for 14 years. I was also a police prosecutor at times, so I know what I am talking about. I spent half my life in Magistrates Court during my time in the Force. I was only ever a very fair copper, and I am proud of my time in the job, looking after the interests of citizens, often to the detriment of my family and my health.

I never booked any driver for a trifling offence “ever”. People committing trifling offences commonly used to get a warning and a licence / vehicle check. It had to be serious before I booked anyone.

I am so annoyed at what is happening these days, in what I call “Indiscriminate revenue gathering” It is absolutely disgusting. The government and the Police Force need to hang their heads in shame. If you did a survey of current serving members of the police forces in this country, you would be hard pushed to find many who disagree with me.

I know how the legal system works, and I know how to beat the system. This is how to do it, and if about 10% of all drivers booked follow my specific instructions, then the entire system will crash and become unworkable to the extent, that the government will have no choice but to stop issuing fines for every type of traffic offence. The whole lot of them. Seriously.

I do not feel guilty about coming out with this information, as I think it’s about time someone stood up for hard working, civil minded, law abiding taxpayers in this country, who are being screwed.

This is very simple and very basic. The idea is to clog up the system in the traffic camera office and the courts by drivers exercising their rights to remain innocent until proven guilty.

SIMPLE BASIC LEGAL STEPS TO FOLLOW…………….
    1. Do not accept the alleged offence. There are numerous valid reasons to dispute every single alleged offence. Often the charges are incorrect or the evidence is illegally or incorrectly gathered.

2. Challenge it, tell them that you are going to defend the matter. Make them earn their miserable $150 or $200 or whatever. They have to prepare evidence and witnesses. Just the wages for the camera operator or the Policeman on the day of the court, will be more than the actual fine. You are also taking a camera operator or a member of the Police Force off the street for the day. But it won’t get to that point…..read on….

3. If a court date is ever set, and it does not suit you, do not accept it, ask for a delay to a time and place that suits you.

4. When they re set the date, delay it as often as possible. keep pleading not guilty all through the process. You have every right to be sick, or go for an adjournment if the day does not suit for any legitimate reason. For example you may have pressing family or work commitments which prevent you from attending a particular court on a particular day.

5. If it ever actually gets to court, (which is unlikely if everyone does this) and if you are unwell that day, ring the court in the morning and tell them that you cannot make it as you are sick. The camera operator, and a police prosecutor will already be at court, and will be greatly inconvenienced, by having to come back another day. The whole time this is going on, the amount of paperwork involved at the traffic camera office is huge. Several staff are involved, and it rapidly becomes very costly, probably running into thousands. …..with me so far…..keep reading…….

6. The court system is then placed under such a massive load by people who wanted “their day in court” that it simply will not be able to cope unless they open up about another 50 magistrates courts, and this is obviously going to cost the government a lot more than any revenue raised. If all the above fails, which is highly unlikely….and you actually go to court and get convicted……you have a right of appeal. Make sure you appeal the conviction. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to see what happens. They are not going to spend millions chasing hundreds.

7 Tell everyone you know to challenge their alleged offences, and the entire system will crash within a few weeks.

8. Please pass this on. AND ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY AND THAT THERE IS A VERY HIGH PROBABILITY THAT THE EVIDENCE USED AGAINST YOU IS WRONG. YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO CHALLENGE ANY ALLEGED OFFENCE. THIS IS WHY COURTS EXIST….SO USE THEM……A LOT.

Regards,
    Stan
    like, share, and comment. make a change!
    this isn’t hard to do, but it will help everyone.

The article originally published at Driftspec.org and although it is from our friends from across the pond, the information is invaluable as well as universally applicable.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/ex-...WuSYDJXpiwW.99

Banned
    Police Retaliation? Man Who Filmed Cops Killing Eric Garner Arrested on Gun Charge

Once they ruled this a homicide, now you all of a sudden find something on him? C’mon. Let’s be realistic.”

The Free Thought Project
    Mike SawyerAugust 4, 201422 year-old Ramsey Orta was the young man who shot the gruesome video of the NYPD killing Eric Garner.
    The cops placed father of 6, Eric Garner, in a chokehold and slammed his head to the pavement, piling on top of him as he gasped for air, eventually killing him.
    The video went ultra viral, helping to expose the atrocious police state.
    Because of people like you sharing these stories and Ramsey Orta making them, these pressing issues are being forced into the mainstream.
    Friday the New York City Medical Examiner’s office released a statement ruling the official cause of death a homicide due to “compression of neck, chest and positioning during restraint by police.”
    Then, on Saturday, according to NBC New York, police said plainclothes officers from a Staten Island narcotics unit saw Orta stuff a silver, .25-caliber handgun into a 17-year-old female companion’s waistband after they walked out of the Hotel Richmond. Police called the location, on Central Avenue, a “known drug prone location.”
    Police said Orta had a previous weapon conviction that prohibited him from possessing a firearm.
    Police say an unloaded semi-automatic weapon was recovered from Orta. It was reported stolen in Michigan in 2007. They say Orta is in a hospital being treated for a medical condition.
    However, Orta’s wife believes this arrest was a setup.
    “It’s not fair,” said Chrissie Ortiz. “And it’s obvious. Once they ruled this a homicide, now you all of a sudden find something on him? C’mon. Let’s be realistic. Even the dumbest criminal would know not to be doing something like that outside. So the whole story doesn’t fit at all.”
    Orta had been friends with Garner for several years, he referred to Garner as “the neighborhood dad.”
    This was not the first time Orta had used his cell phone to record police brutality. Just a week prior to filming Garner’s death, he filmed another violent arrest at the same location.
    Then, just a week after Garner’s death, Orta reported to Time that he was already receiving harassment from police for the filming of Garner’s death.
    “It just gives me more power to not be afraid to pull out my camera anytime,” he says. “Even if they’re pushing me back, I might just like keep going forward and if I get arrested, hey, I got something on camera.”
    We may never know if this was a setup or not. But it certainly was a ‘lucky break’ for the NYPD, that only a day after the death of a man, who died in their custody was ruled a homicide, that the man responsible for exposing it, is now in their custody.

video at link below

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/pol...0SwhRzYhrF7.99

Banned
    These Power Hungry Cops Were on a Mission to Arrest Anyone that They Could

Like a bully on a playground, searching for someone smaller to pick on, these NYPD Cops were compelled to claim a victim.

The Free Thought Project Matt Agorist August 4, 2014

A video shared with The Free Thought Project, via Facebook Saturday, paints an onerous picture of the reality that is Police State USA.

The video starts off with an NYPD cop demanding ID from a young man. The young man’s friend then pushes him out of the way to save him from arrest and they walk off.
    After smelling the blood in the water, this shark….ahem, cop, had to feed. He grabbed the closest person to him, which happened to be 16-year-old Nasheri, and demanded an ID, again. Having done nothing wrong, and not wanting to be assaulted, she told the accosting officer not to touch her.

Not receiving an instant submission to his ‘power’ was a direct blow to this officer’s authoritative ego; he must now throw a tyrannical temper tantrum.

As the power-tripping NYPD cop begins to manhandle a 90 lb teenage girl, her brother steps in to stop the injustice. As if they had been waiting for this glorious moment, the opportunity to escalate the violence had been granted; it was now time to bash some heads!

The young man is thrown to the ground by the large NYPD cop and quickly finds himself subject to the standard, 200 lb knee on the neck, face on the pavement, ‘stop resisting’ maneuver.

The siblings were subsequently arrested and charged with multiple ‘crimes.’ According to the person who posted the video, they were released the next day.

Crysta Maria Williams posted a video.

· 940 followers
    · August 2 at 12:26pm ·

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/pow...TWr7MBXj2ur.99

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast