Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The US Has Become A Worse Police State Than Orwell Could Imagine

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Facebook Video Shows a Disturbing Police/Security Assault on a Man in Front of a Hospital

“Please! Please! I fear for My Life!”

The Free Thought Project
    July 31, 2014
    A video shared with the Free Thought Project, via Facebook, Wednesday shows a frightening interaction between what appears to be Macomb County Sheriff’s deputies and McClaren Hospital private security officers violently taking a man into custody.

According to the man claiming to have taken the video, Richard Carman, “This man was dragged from the car, choked, and tasered. Afterward McClaren security stole my phone and had Macomb sheriff detain me for recording the assault.”
    The entire time the man on film can be heard screaming that he doesn’t want to be killed and that he hasn’t done anything.
    Throughout the assault the man screams out what he claims to be his girlfriend’s phone number, pleading with Carman to call his girlfriend.
    It is unclear why security and police are detaining this man, but it is totally clear that he was being assaulted. At one point he is tased like cattle to simply remove him from the wheelchair.
    Near the end of the video a security officer grabs Carman’s camera and turns it over to police. According to the facebook post, Carman was told that he could file charges against security for taking his phone, but he chose not to.
    We will update this story as we find out more details.

Below is the original facebook post:

another video at link below

Richard Carman

· July 29 at 9:20pm ·

Share this video!!! Police brutality in Macomb county!!!

This man was dragged from the car, choked, and tasered...

afterward McClaren security stole my phone and had Macomb sheriff detain me for recording the assault.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/fac...4EgU8yf8lGL.99

Banned
    Six Corrupt Philly Cops Busted. Commissioner Calls it ‘One Of The Worst Cases I’ve Ever Heard’ [Video]

"One victim was reportedly dangled over the edge of an 18th-floor balcony in order to get information."

Learn more & Video here >> http://bit.ly/WPBnt3

Six Corrupt Philly Cops Busted. Commissioner Calls it ‘One Of The Worst Cases I’ve Ever Heard’
    The Free Thought Project

"One victim was reportedly dangled over the edge of an 18th-floor balcony in order to get information." The Free Thought ProjectMatt AgoristJuly 31, 2014 Not one, not two, not even five, but six Philly 'bad apples' were taken into custody by the FBI Wednesday morning as part of a federal corruption probe. All of the officers…

One victim was reportedly dangled over the edge of an 18th-floor balcony in order to get information.”

The Free Thought Project Matt Agorist July 31, 2014 Not one, not two, not even five, but six Philly ‘bad apples’ were taken into custody by the FBI Wednesday morning as part of a federal corruption probe.
    All of the officers were either current or have been a part of the narcotics division. John Speiser, Brian Reynolds, Michael Spicer, Perry Betts, Thomas Liciardello, and Linwood Norman are all facing multiple charges including extortion, robbery, kidnapping, and drug-dealing.
    The investigation started last year when former cop, Jeffrey Walker, was arrested and pleaded guilty to corruption charges. As part of an apparent plea arrangement Walker has been rolling over on his fellow corrupt brothers in blue.
    Sources have confirmed that these officers are being accused of allegations stealing drugs and money, robbing drug dealer suspects at gun point, and worse.
    According to CBS Philadelphia,
    In one incident, officials say, the accused held one of the drug suspects for days in a hotel while threatening him and making threats against his family.
    In another alleged incident, one victim was reportedly dangled over the edge of an 18th-floor balcony in order to get information.
    “It was a nightmare, an absolute nightmare,” James McIntyre told CBS 3’s Walt Hunter in an interview. McIntyre, in a lawsuit filed against several of the officers, claims he was manhandled then wrongfully arrested, spending six months behind bars before charges were withdrawn.

Of course the department has gone on the defensive and Commissioner Ramsey stated yesterday that, “These officers don’t represent the majority of this department,” and that “The majority of our department was represented in the dedicated police work displayed during the past few days, working endlessly with the community and getting wanted criminals off the street,”
    Apparently Commissioner Ramsey is not a very close observer of his own force, nor an apparent reader of The Free Thought Project.
    Philly cops have been involved in mass disobedience to the law, confiscating a baby from a mother because it was born at home, forcing women to strip naked and masturbating in front of them, forcing children to fight for entertainment, forming gangs and robbing and terrorizing store owners, and even their former police chief calls them “dangerous, alienating and sociopathic.”
    Sure thing Commissioner Ramsey, the Philadelphia Police Department sounds like a group of well behaved boy scouts.
    The six officers involved in this most recent debauchery have all pleaded not-guilty and prosecutors are asking that all six men be held in prison, without bail.

PS it takes a few min to load

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/vid...lipId=10422223

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cor...G0os1s0vY8L.99
    Last edited by kathyet2; 07-31-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Banned

Banned
    The Free Thought Project

Shared publicly - 9:08 AM
    #Police

Police Leave Woman Stranded and Say “Its Not Our Job To Help” After Arresting Husband

"We're not taking her home. It's not our obligation, it's not our job."
    Learn more >> http://bit.ly/X9Q61G

The Free Thought Project's photos

Police Leave Woman Stranded and Say “Its Not Our Job To Help” After Arresting Husband

“We’re not taking her home. It’s not our obligation, it’s not our job.”

The Free Thought Project
    John Vibes

July 29, 2014

Image: Flickr

Last February, Oregon police left a woman on the side of the road at 2 A.M with no money and a dead cellphone, after they arrested her fiance for a DUI and impounded their car. 23 year old Jessica Ojeda was told by police that they had no obligation to help her and that she would have to find her own way home.

Jessica even pleaded with the officer to arrest her along with her fiance, so she would at least have a ride to somewhere where she would be able to make a phone call. The police refused and told her that she had to leave the area, knowing that she would have to walk the streets by herself late at night.

I don’t have any way to get home, can you book me?” Ojeda asked the officers as calmly as she could, obviously intimidated by the situation. She said that when she asked the question, one of deputies turned to Watkin, the arresting officer, and asked, “Is there a way we can work around this?” To which Watkin immediately responded by saying, “we’re not taking her home. It’s not our obligation, it’s not our job.”

In the police report, deputy Watkin casually admitted to leaving her on the side of the road, but later when questioned by reporters the department claimed that the arresting deputies offerd to give her money for a cab.

“She told me she has a medical marijuana card and showed me this current card,” The police report said. “Ojeda said she had smoked marijuana earlier and this was the smell coming from her. Ojeda was noticeably irritated and wanted to be argumentative with me. She demanded to be arrested as well because she was not leaving.”

Sgt. Chris Baldridge, a spokesman for the sheriff’s office, has been playing damage control with the media, claiming that Watkin offered to call a cab for Ojeda.

“Despite Ms. Ojeda cursing at Deputy Watkin and demanding he take her to jail, Deputy Watkin attempted to make arrangements for a cab to come and pick Ms. Ojeda up from the traffic stop. This was witnessed and verified by a Salem officer and an additional Marion County deputy who were on scene and assisting Deputy Watkin with the traffic stop,” Baldridge said in an email interview with The Statesman Journal.

However, Ojeda said that the neither of the officers ever offered to get her a cab, and Watkin never mentioned that detail in his police report. The only mention of Ojeda in the report was where Watkin said that ”I explained she was not under arrest and needed to leave. Ojeda was not happy and made derogative statements before finally leaving the area.”

Luckily, Ojeda did make it safely to a hotel that was a few miles down the road, where she was able to make a phone call for help. William Helle has since had his drunk driving charge dismissed, pending completion of driving and alcohol classes.

“Heck, even the DUI suspect was going to end up with a roof over his head,” said John Bowman, communications director with the National Motorists Association. “Police have an obligation to protect and serve all citizens with whom they interact. And while abandoning a woman on the side of the road may technically not be illegal, it certainly doesn’t live up to the public expectation of police officers being helpful and looking out for the well-being of citizens, no matter the circumstances.”

John Vibes is an author, researcher and investigative journalist who takes a special interest in the counter culture and the drug war. In addition to his writing and activist work he is also the owner of a successful music promotion company. In 2013, he became one of the organizers of the Free Your Mind Conference, which features top caliber speakers and whistle-blowers from all over the world. You can contact him and stay connected to his work at his Facebook page. You can find his 65 chapter Book entitled “Alchemy of the Timeless Renaissance” at bookpatch.com.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/pol...uKLZE5xekl0.99
    Last edited by kathyet2; 07-31-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Banned
    6 Cops Assaulted this College Girl for Buying Water, She Just Won $212,000 Suing Them for It

The Free Thought ProjectMatt Agorist

August 1, 2014Last year, University of Virginia student Elizabeth Daly and two friends went into a grocery store to purchase some refreshments.

This innocent trip to the store ended up with Daly in jail, charged with assaulting ABC agents who were attempting to stop her for underage possession of beer; only the beer didn’t exist, it was water.

Daly and friends bought a case of canned water from a Charlottesville grocery. When the group of girls walked out of the store they were accosted by plainclothes agents so they locked themselves inside her vehicle and dialed 9-1-1.

While attempting to contact the police, one agent drew his gun, and another jumped on the hood of the car, and tried busting out her windows. Not knowing that the plainclothes men with guns, who were assaulting her and her friends, were cops, she fled the scene, grazing two of the agents in the process.

Daly was subsequently arrested and spent the night in jail, charged with two felonies. The charges were later dropped and her record expunged.
    Last March, attorneys for Daly filed a $40 million lawsuit against the state and seven agents. The suit alleged malicious prosecution, failure to train ABC agents appropriately, and six counts of assault and battery.

Michael Kelly, director of communications for Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring, said, “It’s incredibly unfortunate that the situation that night in Charlottesville occurred at all.

“As this case proceeds, the Attorney General’s Office will defend the commonwealth’s interests and work to ensure a just and reasonable outcome,” Kelly said.

The suit stated that Daly, of Henrico County, “does not and never has consumed alcohol or abused drugs, and/or her parents, on her behalf, have incurred significant legal, medical and other costs, and will continue to do so in the future due to the malicious, intentional, and/or grossly negligent actions of the (d)efendants.” She has a tremor in her right hand, intense anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder and other problems as a result of the April 11 incident.

During a June hearing in which a federal judge dismissed the state from Daly’s $40 million lawsuit, her attorney argued the plainclothes agents jumped his client, as she tried getting inside her SUV. As a result part of the lawsuit alleged assault and battery against the officers. Attorney James Thorsen said the assault was against his client — although not physical– resulted in a “mental injury.”

Thursday the state announced that it will pay Elizabeth Daly, now 21, $212,000 to settle the multi-million dollar lawsuit.
    Maybe next time these overzealous agents won’t be so quick assault innocent people. But then again, it was the tax-payers that assumed the liability of their irresponsible actions, so maybe they will.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/6-c...Vq0LrxzbrB2.99
    Last edited by kathyet2; 08-01-2014 at 01:46 PM.

Banned
    If All Kids Questioned Cops Like This 12-Year-Old Does, The Police State Wouldn’t Exist

The Free Thought Project August 1, 2014
    A video has gone viral since being posted to youtube which features a 12-year-old boy, Jeremy Drew, from Las Vegas, calling out a cop for illegally parking on the sidewalk.
    The LVPD officer was parked on the sidewalk in order to perform his ‘official’ duties of obtaining a bucket-sized soda from a convenience store.
    Despite being completely in the wrong, the cop does the only thing he knows how to do, employ intimidation tactics by asking for ID and alleging that the boy is committing crimes.
    While this video is nearly two years old, the heartening display of courage and forthrightness is timeless and should serve as a benchmark for parents today.
    If we all taught our children to question authority like 12-year-old Jeremy does, the police state would be a thing of the past.

Published on Sep 13, 2012
    Hi I'm a twelve y/o boy named Jeremy who has found a cop disobeying

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/kid...sJ6fJ1xmpp1.99

Banned
    This Man Stands Up to Thuggish Cops Despite Their Heavy Intimidation Tactics

“If you keep recording we’re gonna have to take your phone as evidence…..get the f*ck out of here!”

The Free Thought Project
    August 1, 2014
    An Illinois cop watcher was walking to his car after work when he saw something very fishy going on, so he pulled out his camera to hold the police accountable.
    I noticed the officer open the side door of the minivan which I found highly unusual with the driver still in her seat. This prompted me to get my video camera. I walked up to the rail and started recording, almost immediately I was accosted.
    The man filming is immediately approached by belligerent officers in plainclothes. They begin to badger him, calling him an asshole, and telling him to “get the **** out of here.”
    The cops blatantly lie to the man and tell him that they will take his camera for “evidence” despite there having been no crime committed.
    At the 1:32 mark you can here one of the thugs tell the officer to “get the video.”
    The ridiculous part about this interaction is that these cops claim that the man filming is “causing a disturbance” when it was the cops that walked up to him, and began to harass him!

Published on Sep 5, 2013
    09/05/2013 17:03 Moline, IL,
    Between 5th/6th Ave, and 16th/17th St, across the street from the police department.

Officer K. Biggs, other "officers" currently unidentified.

Came out to parking garage after work, noticed a couple guys and a Moline Officer parked in the section below the parking area I was in, the officer was speaking with a woman in a minivan. Didn't think too much of it, did think it was weird but I was in a hurry. I noticed the officer open the side door of the minivan which I found highly unusual with the driver still in her seat. This prompted me to get my video camera. I walked up to the rail and started recording, almost immediately I was accosted.

At about 1:32 as I am walking to talk to the officer you can hear one of the guys tell her to get the video. That would have gone badly for everyone involved..

Video is complete except the last 18s were removed to keep my plate out of it and nothing happened after the officer walked off.

A frame grab at about the 4:15 showing just the police SUV left and everyone else gone.. Also an aerial view of the parking garage.
    https://plus.google.com/1120191268179...

http://www.policeone.com/officer-misc...

For those arguing that the IL law has not been struck down and could still be enforced I would point to this to suggest your position is likely flawed:
    http://www.techdirt.com/articles/2013...

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/man...tuTYr34oO5B.99

Banned
    FBI, Police Turn Entire Town into Checkpoint, Interrogate Every Driver

Swarms of cops quiz residents for tips on murdered teen

Infowars.comPaul Joseph WatsonAugust 1, 2014
    FBI agents and police turned the entire village of of Armada, Michigan into a checkpoint last night, interrogating every driver who attempted to enter or leave the town and then marking ones who had been grilled with an ‘X’ on their hand.

Authorities took a blanket approach to the search for clues about 14-year-old April Millsap, who was found murdered in a wooded area last week.
    With Michigan state police complaining about the fact that tips in the case have “dried up,” officers and agents occupied areas of the town between 5pm and 8pm last night, blocking off the main road and other routes before going “car by car” and quizzing every driver.
    Pictures from ABC 7 showed huge tailbacks with cars “backed up for miles.” Armada township Police Chief Howard Smith defended the action, saying it was a necessary measure to find clues about the case by stopping cars driving in the vicinity of where the murder took place at the same time.
    “It looked like a roadblock, but it was what police call a rolling canvas,” reported Local 4 News, adding that “swarms of police” covered three checkpoints.
    A local group protested the move, asserting that the roadblock was unconstitutional and not backed up by probable cause. The group, which was not named in the ABC 7 report, planned to read both the federal and state constitution to the police chief.

“This is the second time in recent years that police have imposed what amounts to an mass investigative detention as part of a crime investigation,” writes William Norman Grigg, pointing to a similar approach after a June 2012 bank robbery in in Aurora, Colorado where everyone within the vicinity of the bank was placed in handcuffs.

As we reported last year, California Highway Patrol officers set up a checkpoint in a Sacramento suburb after a gang member shot and injured several law enforcement officials before going into hiding. An AP photograph showed one officer pointing a gun at the head of an innocent driver who happened to be passing through the checkpoint.
    During the aftermath of the Boston marathon bombing, heavily armed police went door to door without search warrants terrorizing families at gunpoint and ransacking homes, prompting Ron Paul to observe that the manhunt was more frightening than the attack itself, saying it resembled “scenes from a military coup in a far off banana republic.”
    In a similar example of excessive behavior, police wildly shot and injured numerous innocent people during the manhunt for Christopher Dorner last year, including women who looked nothing like Dorner.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/fbi...rrogate-driver

Banned

FFT- #FireCHPOfficerDanielAndrew

Chris Stevenson

Published on Aug 2, 2014
    The Los Angeles Times just broke the name of the CHP officer seen in that video beating Marlene Pinnock; Daniel Andrew.

This came by way of several LA-area community activists sending a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder and his Department of Justice to conduct an independent inquiry into Andrew.

Chris follows up his previous video hastags (#FireOfficerDanielPantaleo #FireOfficerJustinDamico #FireOfficerStewartFerrin FFT- http://is.gd/wrCYaQ) by calling for Andrew's firing and a new strategy for black's to practice as opposed to choosing to be a captive audience.

This video was uploaded from an Android phone.

Banned
    NYPD puts Brooklyn cop on desk duty for reportedly stomping on suspect who lay on ground — SEE VIDEO

Officer Joel Edouard, 36, had subdued Jahmil-El Cuffee after cops saw the man rolling a marijuana joint on the street in Bedford-Stuyvesant on Wednesday, police sources said, and then the officer allegedly stomped on the suspect’s head. Video was captured by stunned witnesses.

BY Rocco Parascandola , Thomas Tracy
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Published: Saturday, July 26, 2014, 12:27 AM

Updated: Saturday, July 26, 2014, 10:55 PM

video at link below

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/brooklyn-desk-duty-reportedly-stomping-man-article-1.1880818#ixzz39L66W4wm

Cop Stripped Of Gun After Allegedly Stomping On Man's Head During Arrest

Via PIX11

A cop has been reassigned to desk duty after video surfaced showing him allegedly stomping on the head of a man he was trying to arrest.
    Cops say Officer Joel Edouard was attempting to arrest suspect Jahmiel Cuffee in Bedford-Stuyvesant on Tuesday night, after he allegedly spotted the 32-year-old man rolling a joint. Video shows Cuffee resisting arrest after showing Edouard and several other officers his ID; the officers wrestle him to the ground, and witnesses say Edouard then got violent. "He abruptly stomped on top of the gentleman’s head,” Gary Dormer, who took a cell phone video of the arrest, told PIX11. “He lifted his foot with excessive force and came down like he was stepping on an ant or a roach or something at the time." You can see the disturbing video below:

Published on Jul 26, 2014
    NEW YORK (PIX11) — Another amateur video has surfaced showing an NYPD officer allegedly using excessive force during an arrest.

The NYPD told reporters they were investigating the video, and yesterday Edouard was placed on modified assignment. He was required to surrender his gun and his shield. Cuffee, meanwhile, was treated for neck and head injuries at a local hospital; he has been charged with resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and possession of marijuana.
    This week's incident occurred just a week after Staten Island man Eric Garner died after being put in a chokehold by an officer during an arrest. That officer, Daniel Pantaleo, has also been placed on modified desk duty, and has surrendered his badge and gun. Police Commissioner Bill Bratton called for the "retraining of every member in our city Police Department" following Garner's death.

Contact the author of this article or email tips@gothamist.com with further questions, comments or tips.
    Rebecca Fishbein in News on Jul 26, 2014 10:45 am

http://gothamist.com/2014/07/26/cop_..._allegedly.php

OUT OF CONTROL: NYPD SUSPENDS Brooklyn Cop For CHOKING and STOMPING On Subdued Man’s Head!

Hezakya Mixologist
    Published on Jul 26, 2014
    A Brooklyn cop was put on modified assignment Friday after allegedly stomping on a shackled suspect’s head, authorities said.

NYPD Officer Joel Edouard, 36, had subdued Jahmiel Cuffee on suspicion of marijuana possession on Malcolm X Blvd. in Bedford-Stuyvesant at 8 p.m. Wednesday — and then he booted the man as he lay on the ground, officials said.

The move stunned onlookers videotaping it.

“What is wrong with this officer?” one man screamed. “Look at your officer! You see that?”

Cops saw Cuffee, 32, roll a joint on the street and stopped him, police sources said. He was taken to a hospital with neck and head injuries and charged with resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and pot possession, cops said.

Edouard is the second NYPD cop in July to get modified assignment. He was placed on desk duty and ordered to surrender his gun and shield.

Daniel Pantaleo was similarly reassigned after putting Eric Garner, 43, of Staten Island in a chokehold on July 17.

Update: Officer Assigned to Desk Duty for Stomping on Man's Head

New footage puts NYPD in more controversy over police misconduct.

By Natelege Whaley
    Posted: 07/28/2014 12:30 PM EDT

Filed Under police misconduct, NYPD, New York City, National News, Brooklyn, New York

Update: July 28, 2014, 12:30 p.m.

A Brooklyn cop who was caught on camera stomping on a man's head while he was being subdued has been assigned to desk duty, according to the NY Daily News.

Joel Edouard, 36, also waved a gun toward Jahmil-El Cuffee's head while he was on the ground being arrested on suspicion of marijuana possession at 8 p.m. Wednesday. Edouard was ordered to surrender his gun and shield as well.

A new video showing a NYPD officer pointing his gun at an unarmed man who is being restrained has surfaced online and is putting the city's police department in further controversy over its arrest tactics.
    This comes only a week after footage of the choking death of Eric Garner by officers in Staten Island, New York, surfaced and spread across the Internet.

The latest incident took place in the Bedford-Stuyvesant area of Brooklyn. The video shows two officers restraining and holding a man up against a vehicle on the property where the man lives, according to the voice of the man recording the video.

The officers tell him to stop resisting arrest. "I didn't do s--t," the man being held down repeatedly says. One cop then pulls out his weapon and points it at the man's head to threaten him and then places it back in his holster. Seconds later, the same officer stomps on the man's head as other cops gather to restrain the man and arrest him.

Videos showing alleged police misconduct continue to surface more and more as witnesses look to expose these incidents. This also comes following the arrest of a man being held in a chokehold by officers in Harlem, which was recently posted online.

Follow Natelege Whaley on Twitter: @Natelege_

BET National News - Keep up to date with breaking news stories from around the nation, including headlines from the hip hop and entertainment world. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.

(Photo: Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

http://www.bet.com/news/national/201...ained-man.html

Last edited by kathyet2; 08-03-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast