Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Painting roof white? Has Chu gone off the deep end? If most municipal buildings with flat roofs would have roofgardens, the plants would be producing oxygen while rain forests keep disappearing in South America. And if pitched roofs had solar panels installed, that energy from the sun would get this country and the rest of the world off of fossil fuels, which would definitely put a dent in the income of countries that don't like us being in the world. (There is emerging technology where solar cells can be printed on a printer or embedded into window glass.)
    Most climates in this country need a dark roof to be able to absorb the sun's heat during winter and if that warmth is fed into the home, there is a serious reduction in heating bills. There are plenty of passive solar homes that are an example of this in this country.
    Hopefully, this was a mistranslation or someone give me this character's email and I will be glad to point out the mistakes of painting the world's roofs white.
    Exactly. Solar cells are getting more and more efficient everyday. Roof gardens are great as well.

I always thought that IF one day the US does something about illegal immigration, then that would leave empty neighborhoods in many areas. I know here in Ft Worth, there is a couple of areas where illegals live, and these homes are so old and dilapidated, that they need to be demolished. Once illegals are gone, I say we let nature reclaim that land in an effort to re-green the landscape. That would help I think.

I absolutely agree with your point Jshmr.

A big factor in the problem is overdevelopment and much could be solved with regreening.

In fact, I think that Detroit is a great example of regreening.

There's a pretty good video showing what happens. One of my kids used it researching a report and I saved it.

http://current.com/items/76380402_re-gr ... etroit.htm

If a city like Detroit can regreen, and benefit from it, it's a lesson for other areas, that's for sure.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just a little more info from a Secretary Chu supportive site.

http://climateprogress.org/2009/05/27/e ... itigation/

Galatians 6:9
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12