Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by kniggit
    video link doesn't work
    Yikes, my bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07TVBLFroSM

Banned
    It's nice to know that Dr. Paul is consistent in his views. This is an interview done in 1988, when he ran for President as a Libertarian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar115s_f ... re=related

It gives me hope and inspires my faith in him.

MW
    CitizenJustice wrote:

245i amendment WAS NOT INCLUDED IN the bill RON PAUL voted yea on.

Border Security
    Amnesty
    Separate from the Homeland Security bill, the President called for legislation to extend a now-expired loophole known as Section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. 245(i) allows an illegal alien to apply for a green card, stay permanently in the United States, and subsequently apply for citizenship. This is the proposal Sen. Robert Byrd called "sheer lunacy," and the reason why the July 4th Los Angeles Airport murderer was in our country. The open-borders crowd attached 245(i) extension to the Enhanced Border Security and Visa Entry Reform Act of 2002 (H. Res. 365), which contained important border security measures.

On March 12, the House passed H. Res. 365 on suspension (no amendments and limited debate) 275 to 137 with 22 not voting (House Roll Call Vote 53). Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle planned to bring an amnesty bill to the Senate floor for debate and a vote, but it was never scheduled. The amnesty provision was excluded from the Border Security bill (H.R. 3525) that was signed by President Bush on May 14.
    What you provided really doesn't change anything because according to NumbersUSA Ron Paul did in fact vote for Section 245(i) in 2002, an extention of Section 245(i) in 2001, and voted against killing Section 245(i) in 1997. As best I can tell you've provided nothing that disputes the facts as provided by NumbersUSA's. So basically, yes, Ron Paul has voted on amnesty for illegal immigrants.

Here it is:

Voted FOR Section 245(i), a form of amnesty
    for illegal aliens in 2002

Rep. Paul voted FOR H RES 365, which was brought up and passed in a new form in March of 2002. The vote in favor of the bill was a vote in favor of rewarding illegal aliens via a four-month reinstatement of Section 245(i). That is an expired immigration provision that allows illegal aliens with qualified relatives or employers in the U.S. to pay a $1,000 fine, to apply for a green card in this country, and to be allowed to stay in this country without fear of deportation until their turn arrives for a green card years, and even decades, later. The illegal aliens also would not have to go through the usual security screening in U.S. embassies in their home countries. The lowest estimate from supporters of the bill was that some 200,000 illegal aliens would benefit. H RES 365 included language that would implement some important visa-tracking regulations helpful to discouraging illegal immigration. But all of those provisions had already been passed previously in H.R. 3525, making the assistance to illegal aliens the sole purpose of the bill.

Rep. Paul was one of 275 Representatives who voted in favor of the 245(i) amnesty. The bill narrowly passed by a vote of 275 to 137 (a two-thirds majority was needed in order to pass).

Voted in favor of a four-month extension of Section 245(i) in 2001

Rep. Paul voted on the floor of the House IN FAVOR OF a motion to suspend the rules and pass H.R. 1885, a four-month extension of Section 245(i), which is a de facto amnesty in that current federal policy did not deport illegal aliens once they applied for Section 245(i) and allowed them to remain in the U.S. for years until they were allowed to become official immigrants. The vote on the four-month extension represented a compromise of the White House push for a longer extension. Even though the four month extension was better than a year-long or permanent extension, it still would have resulted in at least 200,000 more people being added to the country through illegal immigration. Rep. Paul was part of a 336-43 majority voting in favor of the four-month extension of Section 245(i). It did not become law, though.

[quote]Voted AGAINST killing pro-illegal-alien
    Section 245(i) program in 1997

Given the chance to vote against a notorious pro-illegal immigration program called Section 245(i), Rep. Paul declined. The Section 245(i) program dealt with certain illegal aliens who were on lists that could qualify them eventually for legal residency. It provided them a loophole in which they could pay a fee and avoid a 1996 law’s provision that punishes illegal aliens by barring them for 10 years from entering the U.S. on a legal visa as a student, tourist, worker or immigrant. The controversial experimental program was supposed to “sunsetâ€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    That is a very impressive ad!
    I just received a "New Republican Agenda Survey" from Senator Mitch McConnell asking questions and for a donation. Ron Pauls name was left off the list of candidates. I wrote in Ron Pauls name inder "other" and sent it back in the prepaid envelope without a donation.
    THAT DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE MADE UP MY MIND YET ON A CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT.
    I usually give some Bush dollars "gringo de mexico" inside and mail the envelope back to them .

I gave up writing Dr.Paul's name they are in denial.

http://www.voteronpaul.com/videos/ron_p ... ate_1.html

Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail
    Quote Originally Posted by kniggit
    video link doesn't work
    Yikes, my bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07TVBLFroSM
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS VIDEO.

Something truly special is happening here and I feel sorry for those Americans who can't or just won't see it. And I don't mean that as a sarcasm. I mean it with all sincerity in that this is so much more than an ordinary presidential campaign.

This is a MOVEMENT. It's a political tug of war between "we the people" vs. the "globalists" from BOTH parties. A struggle to return our country back into the hands of the American people. A struggle to return our country back to its constitutional principles and a TRUE representative form of government.

Many Paul supporters like myself, have never been involved or even interested in politics before. But as one handmade sign read - "DR. PAUL CURED ME OF MY APATHY." When you see other candidates paying people to be bloggers, and then see Ron Paul's supporters giving of their time and money so freely and spontaneously, there's got to be something more there than meets the eye.

People know what's at stake and many believe we have found the right man at the right time. A politician who actually doesn't flip flop on issues? A politician who can't be bought by lobbyists? A politician who refused to accept the lucrative congressional pension and who strictly adheres to the constitution? I think because of the fact that he sounds "too good to be true", he is easily dimissed by some cynics which is very unfortunate.

But this isn't about Ron Paul. It's about the message. In his speeches, he reminds people of that fact all the time. The message of Freedom and individual Liberty may have been inspired by the American Revolution, but it is universal. It's a universal theme among ALL people.THAT'S why Ron Paul has fans in other countries as well.

He represents a return to what America once was. A "shining light on the hill". A country that inspired, and was admired throughout the world. What is so moving to me, is the fact that those from other countries are still for the American people. They still believe in what America used to stand for. They are rooting for Ron Paul and that return to America's principles because it makes the world a safer place and because it gives them hope. It's like they want to love America but many times our government makes it so darn hard!

I apologize for going off like this and sounding all "rah-rah". Most likely I made MW take out the vomit bag!

I just invite people to see the bigger picture and to join in on all this excitment. It's growing in leaps and bounds. I've never felt more patriotic in my entire life. If that sounds "kooky" well so be it. We all have a part to play and I think this movement could very well be historic.

www.ronpaul2008.com

MW
    Chloe24 wrote:

I apologize for going off like this and sounding all "rah-rah". Most likely I made MW take out the vomit bag!
    Not at all Chloe, you're entitled to support whomever you want. I just want to make sure you go in with both eyes wide open.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Chloe24 wrote:

Not at all Chloe, you're entitled to support whomever you want. I just want to make sure you go in with both eyes wide open.
    And that is the issue. See, we see you as having both your ears AND your eyes shut. The fact that you would support Romney is rather telling. Ron Paul is rated a B+ by NumbersUSA, you can't refute that. You still think Illegal immigration is an issue unto itself. To me, that is working with all senses shut. Romney is CFR, Romeny supported the Shamnesty, Romney is a known flipflopper. YET, that is a choice for you. See, it is all clear. You would support the Patriot Act, the Military commisions Act, HR 1995, all in the name of Terrurrrrr!... You hate illegal immigration, but you love war. The same mechanism for both are one in the same. I figured all hate you have for Ron Paul, you would do some homework on our foreign expanision, who is paying for that, how our dollar is crashing, with open borders, and the MSM is filtering what you and I read... yet.. Romeny is a choice. Wow.

Okay. I think chloe has all senses up and running.

Lets be real, Ron Paul is much better that Romeny - yet you would prefer Romney. See, it is the War and the violation of our civil liberties that seperates your view.

We consider civil liberties, foreign intervention for wars, taxes, dollar crashing, sovereignty, money manipulation etc.. all important - So, in reality.. we have our eyes wide open. illegal immigration is just a symptom of a corrupt system. YOU MUST change the system. Putting some yes man who talks a good game yet is just another Bush will do nothing.

"and with great applause, the republic ended..."

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Chloe24 wrote:

Thanks, but I have never been more awake! However, considering your outspoken stance against Ron Paul on illegal immigration, I am absolutely perplexed how you can go from Hunter to Romney?? Did I read that correctly?

Are YOU sure that you have both eyes wide open? Don't fall for Romney's flip flopping on illegal immigration:

Three Massachusetts Cities Declared Themselves “Sanctuaryâ€

Chloe, there are people who like to contest, just to be different or to get a motiff to argue about.
    Don't take it serious, just answer as you will be answering to the dreamers or some OB.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast