Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Let's not change the subject girls, Duncan Hunter is my first choice and Tancredo my second. You're really stretching to pull Romney in this. I'm not even 100% sure I'd vote on Romney if he received the RNC nomination. All I said was he was my distant third choice at the moment. I further said that could change on a dime. Heck, you're digging junk out of not only different threads, but different forums. Can't you argue the facts that have been provided in this thread or has desperation forced you elsewhere to find an argument? Well, choosing to ignore the facts is your perogative.

Oh, once again for you, BrightNail:

Paul's immigration grades for each Congress since 1997:

Session Year Grade
    110 '07 - '08 B
    109 '05 - '06 B+
    108 '03 - '04 B
    107 '01 - '02 D+
    106 '99 - '00 B-
    105 '97 - '98 D+
    The B+ you're talking about is very recent (doesn't include many votes). I'm sorry, but you have to look over the long term to get a a feel for where a guys stands on immigrant/border security issues.

Additionally, I provided the following on a different thread but obviously you chose to ignore it:

This is his voting record on the issues that most ALIPAC members consider important:

- Cosponsored legislation to increase H-2B workers who are present in the U.S. at any one time in 2005-2006.

- Voted to nearly doubled H-1B foreign high-tech workers in 1998.

- Voted in 1998 to allow firms to lay off Americans to make room for foreign workers.

- Voted against an amendment to reduce funding for the visa waver program.

- Voted on House floor against amendment to increase security with border fence in 2005.

- Voted against amendment to fund program to deny driver's licenses to illegal aliens in 2005.

- Voted against authorizing the use of the military to assist in border control functions in 2005.

- Voted against bill to bar drivers' licenses for illegal aliens in 2005.

- Voted against authorizing the use of the military to assist in border control functions in 2004.

- Voted against extending a voluntary workplace verification pilot program in 2003.

- Voted against using the military in border control functions in 2003.

- Voted against authorizing the military to assist in border control functions in 2002.

- Voted for Section 245(i), a form of amnesty for illegals in 2002.

- Voted in favor of a four month extension of 245(i) in 2001 (de facto amnesty).

- Voted against authorizing troops on the border in 2001.

- Voted against authorizing troops on the border in 2000.

- Voted against authorizing troops on the border in 1999.

- Voted against killing pro-illegal-alien Section 245(i) in 1997.

All this information is verifiable on NumbersUSA. I'm sure you've seen all this before because other folks and I have posted it.
    Most of these votes were amendments, which means there was no pork involved. Most of those votes can't be simply explained away, no matter how hard you try.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    minnie wrote:

Don't take it serious, just answer as you will be answering to the dreamers or some OB.
    I resent your implication, minnie. I've been a member of ALIPAC for some time now and I'm definitely no dreamer or open border lobbyist! Anyone that would assume such has not paid attention to my postings over the last 12 or so months.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is his voting record on the issues that most ALIPAC members consider important:

- Cosponsored legislation to increase H-2B workers who are present in the U.S. at any one time in 2005-2006.

- Voted to nearly doubled H-1B foreign high-tech workers in 1998.

- Voted in 1998 to allow firms to lay off Americans to make room for foreign workers.

- Voted against an amendment to reduce funding for the visa waver program.

- Voted on House floor against amendment to increase security with border fence in 2005.

- Voted against amendment to fund program to deny driver's licenses to illegal aliens in 2005.

- Voted against authorizing the use of the military to assist in border control functions in 2005.

- Voted against bill to bar drivers' licenses for illegal aliens in 2005.

- Voted against authorizing the use of the military to assist in border control functions in 2004.

- Voted against extending a voluntary workplace verification pilot program in 2003.

- Voted against using the military in border control functions in 2003.

- Voted against authorizing the military to assist in border control functions in 2002.

- Voted for Section 245(i), a form of amnesty for illegals in 2002.

- Voted in favor of a four month extension of 245(i) in 2001 (de facto amnesty).

- Voted against authorizing troops on the border in 2001.

- Voted against authorizing troops on the border in 2000.

- Voted against authorizing troops on the border in 1999.

- Voted against killing pro-illegal-alien Section 245(i) in 1997.

This is not good
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    minnie wrote:

Don't take it serious, just answer as you will be answering to the dreamers or some OB.
    I resent your implication, minnie. I've been a member of ALIPAC for some time now and I'm definitely no dreamer or open border lobbyist! Anyone that would assume such has not paid attention to my postings over the last 12 or so months.
    Agreed. MW is anything but an OBL.......I think MW just sees the differences on immigration between Paul and Romney small enough to make other issues better indicators of who he will support. Romney is closer to MW's views on foreign policy, where Paul and Romney's views on immigration are both far from MW's. Plus, MW is a committed Republican if I am not mistaken...............Me myself? I am not a committed Republican, will never support Romney, and will gladly support the Constitution Party's candidate over Ron Paul.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by minnie
    Chloe, there are people who like to contest, just to be different or to get a motiff to argue about.
    That was uncalled for minnie ,,,,,you know better than that
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

So far the Ron Paul Rent a Blimp Campaign has raised $98,000 as of 9:33 this morning (Sunday,25th Nov.) www.ronpaulblimp.com

What a great idea and I bet they will raise the funds needed to rent the blimp !! They need $350,000 to rent it for a month.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

And I pledge already, not much, just to help if I could I would givr more.
    But there are 2 more events, november 30 th , and december 16 the tea party. I'm going banckrupt.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345