Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Main Entry: par·a·sit·ism
    Pronunciation: \ˈper-ə-sə-ˌti-zəm, -ˌsī-, ˌpa-rə-\
    Function: noun
    Date: circa 1611
    1: the behavior of a parasite
    2: an intimate association between organisms of two or more kinds; especially : one in which a parasite obtains benefits from a host which it usually injures
    3: parasitosis

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parasitism
    Main Entry: par·a·site
    Pronunciation: \ˈper-ə-ˌsīt, ˈpa-rə-\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle French, from Latin parasitus, from Greek parasitos, from para- + sitos grain, food
    Date: 1539
    1 : a person who exploits the hospitality of the rich and earns welcome by flattery
    2 : an organism living in, with, or on another organism in parasitism
    3 : something that resembles a biological parasite in dependence on something else for existence or support without making a useful or adequate return
    — par·a·sit·ic \ˌper-ə-ˈsi-tik, ˌpa-rə-\ also par·a·sit·i·cal \-ti-kəl\ adjective
    — par·a·sit·i·cal·ly \-ti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb
    synonyms parasite, sycophant, toady, leech, sponge mean a usually obsequious flatterer or self-seeker. parasite applies to one who clings to a person of wealth, power, or influence or is useless to society <a jet-setter with an entourage of parasites>. sycophant adds to this a strong suggestion of fawning, flattery, or adulation <a powerful prince surrounded by sycophants>. toady emphasizes the servility and snobbery of the self-seeker <cultivated leaders of society and became their toady>. leech stresses persistence in clinging to or bleeding another for one's own advantage <a leech living off his family and friends>. sponge stresses the parasitic laziness, dependence, and opportunism of the cadger <a shiftless sponge, always looking for a handout>.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parasite
    Mexico receives $400 million a year, a comparatively princely sum but the same amount that the United States spends in Iraq in a single day. With such expensive enemies, there is apparently little room for friends.
    Friendship fails when based on money and 'bribes'.
    Parasitic relationships destroy the host.

This disease could be countered by investing in education, the only tool that can lift Latin Americans out of poverty for good. The United States could make a tremendous difference by making education a priority. According to recent estimates, the country is spending $3 million per mile to build a fence along its border with Mexico designed to keep out illegal immigrants seeking opportunities they cannot find at home. But for every mile of that fence, 2,500 young Latin Americans could receive monthly $100 grants to cover the costs of staying in school so they can get good jobs. For every mile of that fence, 15,000 children could receive Internet-capable laptop computers from MIT's Media Lab, enabling them to join the globalized world rather than falling behind. The possibilities go on and on.
    The U.S. does not give $100 monthly college grants to our citizens seeking a higher education to better themselves.

Education and medical care should be the first priority of these countries themselves. Too extreme a gap exists between these countries elite and working class and the countries are too riddled with corruption. For the suggestion that the U.S. grants $1200 annually per Latin American youth for education will never work--these corrupt governments will take the lion's share of the money and if the uneducated do receive any money, it will be spent on food.

In what countries are these educated youths to find jobs without job market development in their home countries?

Some of the billionaires in South America:
    [quote]Carlos Slim's Secret Society
    Country Name Company Company Description
    Argentina Carlos Miguens Bemberg Grupo Bemberg Beer
    Argentina Alberto Roemmers Roemmers Pharmaceuticals
    Argentina Federico Braun Grupo Import Y Export De la Patagonia Import/export
    Argentina Eduardo Constantini Consultatio Financier
    Argentina Ricardo Esteves Pampas Huetal NA
    Brazil João Roberto Marinho Globo Media
    Brazil Marcelo Odebrecht Grupo Odebrecht Construction, petrochemicals
    Brazil Joseph Safra Grupo Safra Banking, investments
    Brazil Luiz FrÃ*as Grupo Folha Media
    Brazil Eugenio Staub Gradiente Electronic consumer goods
    Brazil Pedro Moreira Salles* Unibanco Banking
    Chile José Said Grupo Said-Embotelladora Andina Soft drinks, diversified
    Chile Ã
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ya MyAmerica....just proved they have people who could invest in their own country if they really wanted to fix it. They don't and not our job to do it for them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm tired of our country acting like the goose that laid the golden egg.

Agree, Gogo. But I also have to mention that goose often gets cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Agree, Gogo. But I also have to mention that goose often gets cooked.

ROFLMBO you are sooooooooooooo right.

Oh my you and Phrede do have the same sense of humor.

Thanks, Gogo. I think somewhere inside, I view the situation about everything so stupidly dismal for the future, that I honesty have no choice but to laugh, rather than cry.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Thanks, Gogo. I think somewhere inside, I view the situation about everything so stupidly dismal for the future, that I honesty have no choice but to laugh, rather than cry.
    Some times I feel that way too. But I've seen miracles through prayer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12