Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WATCH: 'America Is Superior To Any Other Country: Change My Mind'

WATCH: 'America Is Superior To Any Other Country: Change My Mind'

July 3, 2018

In celebration of the Fourth of July, conservative political commentator and comedian Steven Crowder produced a new patriotic-themed "change my mind" video in which he asks liberals to convince him that America is not "superior" to other countries.

"This isn't just lip-service," says Crowder in the intro. "I genuinely believe the United States is the greatest country on earth." Crowder speaks with three people who try to convince him otherwise.

The first is Marilyn, an African American veteran, who begins the conversation by arguing that the country has recently reached a new low. "Last week and even this week, we are at an all-time low," she says. "I'm just so exhausted over these children, these toddlers being taken. And I need you to help me understand why we would take babies and toddlers because in the work I do, it looks to me like since the Russians won't give us babies, they're going to take the little children that just came here and adopt them out!"

When Crowder asks if she feels Trump's executive order ending most of those separations is "progress," she says nothing has happened yet and the final clause in the order makes her feel like it's the "same old, same old." To make matters worse, she says, Melania Trump wore the infamous "I Don't Care" jacket.

Crowder responds by underscoring that many of the key immigration policies she's so upset about actually date back to Obama and Clinton.

"I think we've fallen in stature," says Marilyn about why she feels the country is no longer the best. The G-7 Summit, she says, was a turning point. "How would we do our allies like that?" she asks, saying Trump is "dismantling America and the respect that we have." As a veteran, she says, she's never before felt like she had to apologize for her country.

"I get that you're not a fan of Donald Trump and there are a lot of things that I'm not a fan of his either, but I probably support a lot more policies of his than you do but not all of them," says Crowder. "What do you apologize to people for? How do you feel that we are inferior to other countries? What country do you believe is better than the United States?"

"I feel like Great Britain and France and Canada, I feel like those countries are taking the high road," she replies. "And I feel like everything I believed in is slipping away from me."

Crowder, as he does repeatedly in the interviews, points Marilyn back to rights and protections unique to the United States. The U.S. Constitution, he notes, provides freedom of speech, which the countries she cited don't have. In fact, people have been fined or even jailed in those countries for saying things deemed "offensive" by authorities.

"Wouldn't you say the United States — certainly as a veteran, if you were serving to protect freedom of speech — is superior to those countries, if only because we are the only country with freedom of speech?" he asks.

She responds by saying part of the reason she's so "distraught" is that she feels like we are going to lose these freedoms. Crowder goes on to note that he felt about Barack Obama's presidency much like she does about Trump's but makes clear that he never lost faith in the country's founding document. By the end of the discussion the two note that they have more in common than they have differences.

After his talk with Marilyn, Crowder speaks with a South African woman, Diane, who openly states that she doesn't like the U.S. Constitution and also notes that her country is going into the tubes under its increasingly radical regime, and a man who thinks that there are lots of better countries to live in, particularly because they aren't as "capitalist" as the U.S.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32589...-james-barrett

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

LOL!! So, the US isn't divided, it's .... confused.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn