Watch the Moment Rep. Trey Gowdy Appears to Wink at Planned Parenthood President as He Drives His Point Home

Sep. 30, 2015 7:15am
Jason Howerton

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) appeared to wink at Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards during a House hearing on Tuesday as he accused her of suggesting anti-abortion advocates are “not reasonable.”
C-SPAN

“I appreciate that people have a lot of different views on the issue of abortion,” Richards said. “We take the position that we trust women to make decisions about their pregnancies.”

Gowdy responded, “I appreciate the way you like to frame the issue, that you are the reasonable one and those of us who have a contrary position are not reasonable.”

“I didn’t say that,” Richards claimed.

“No, that’s exactly the last answer you gave,” Gowdy shot back.

When the Planned Parenthood boss again denied using those “words,” Gowdy continued to push back — and he seemingly delivered a wink to make his point.

“It’s not always what you say, sometimes it’s just what you mean,” the Republican added.
Richards also declined to name any Republicans that Planned Parenthood supports when pressed by Gowdy.
Watch the exchange below:

<font color="#333333"><span style="font-family: Arial"><span style="font-family: inherit">