Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: A Wave of Violence Is Threatening Trump Supporters

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Not confusing at all. ALIPAC posted a notice a while back that everything in the General Discussion Forum was supposed to somehow be directly related to immigration. For example, Congress when dealing with an immigration issue, President on immigration related issues, Campaigns where immigration is discussed, Security when pertaining to border security and immigration, etc., etc. It all ties directly into immigration. There is no mention of immigration in the article that opened this thread and nothing to directly indicate it is related to immigration.

The Other Topics Forum is for all article that aren't related to immigration. Anyhow, that's how I understand it.

No that's not confusing. What's confusing is having the main page say one thing and then have a policy that you outlined above that are different.

Another confusing part is that in the General Topics section I seem to see posts that are not related to immigration quite frequently, so it appears the, "notice that was posted a while back" you mention is not always adhered to. Having an obscurely located policy that is different from the one on the main page and inconsistent enforcement of the newer policy is where the confusion is coming from for me.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Last edited by patbrunz; 07-22-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Aaaw lookey there, yes, I'm sure you know all about it, MW.
    I realize this is sarcasm, but what exactly is it supposed to mean?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz View Post
    No that's not confusing. What's confusing is having the main page say one thing and then have a policy that you outlined above that are different.

Another confusing part is that in the General Topics section I seem to see posts that are not related to immigration quite frequently, so it appears the, "notice that was posted a while back" you mention is not always adhered to. Having an obscurely located policy that is different from the one on the main page and inconsistent enforcement of the newer policy is where the confusion is coming from for me.
    I guess since this is an illegal immigration website (read platform), it is expected that we should know. I'd also think the title, "Other Topics" would be self-explanatory

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    patbrunz, the first two examples you listed do mention immigration. The first one mentions something about the candidates desire to get rid of ICE and the second one mentions Trump's hard-line position on immigration.

Boy, this evolved into anything but what the title started it off to be!

I'm glad patbrunz brought it up. It's very confusing and offends posters who follow the website directions only to find out they've done something "wrong" when their thread is moved. And this is a new policy. I've been here since 2005, and know that this is not how it was set-up or used for well over a decade. We're a political action committee, why would articles about the President and campaigns that don't involve immigration for example be "Other Topics"?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    I'm glad patbrunz brought it up. It's very confusing and offends posters who follow the website directions only to find out they've done something "wrong" when their thread is moved. And this is a new policy. I've been here since 2005, and know that this is not how it was set-up or used for well over a decade. We're a political action committee, why would articles about the President and campaigns that don't involve immigration for example be "Other Topics"?
    I've been here almost as long as you and I've always known this to be the policy. However, I do believe some folks attempt to take advantage of the policy because for some reason they think their post is going to get less attention in the "Other Topics" forum since this is an illegal immigration website. Although, I'm sure there are others that post in the wrong forum by mistake. This tends to happen a lot with new posters.

Forum: Other Topics News and Issues
    For discussions and news that are not on the topic of illegal immigration and immigration.
    I also believe taking personal issues with the website to the moderators before airing them out publicly has been a long time ALIPAC policy.

Last edited by MW; 07-22-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Then why aren't you doing that? Why are you posting here on patbrunz thread about it? Isn't that the purpose of the new policy to make sure some articles posted by some posters that were getting more attention than others were moved to "Other Topics"? That's how it seemed to me when it started happening. Not sure why that was desired, the more attention the more exposure for ALIPAC. Why bury high traffic articles in "Other Topics"? I don't think that helped our cause. Just my opinion.

This is not a "personal issue", it's an anomaly between what's described on the website forum page and the policy. It should be consistent, seems to me, requiring a modification to the website forum to conform to the policy or changing the policy back to what it was to conform with the website forums as described on the main page.
    Last edited by Judy; 07-22-2018 at 08:19 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Then why aren't you doing that? Why are you posting here on patbrunz thread about it? Isn't that the purpose of the new policy to make sure some articles posted by some posters that were getting more attention than others were moved to "Other Topics"? That's how it seemed to me when it started happening. Not sure why that was desired, the more attention the more exposure for ALIPAC. Why bury high traffic articles in "Other Topics"? I don't think that helped our cause. Just my opinion.

This is not a "personal issue", it's an anomaly between what's described on the website forum page and the policy. It should be consistent, seems to me, requiring a modification to the website forum to conform to the policy or changing the policy back to what it was to conform with the website forums as described on the main page

Use at little common sense. Why would the "Other Topics" forum say it was for all issues outside of illegal immigration and immigration if it wasn't for all issues outside of immigration? Why would ALIPAC have a forum just for other topics if the wanted everything posted in the general discussions forum? Think about it.

Forum: Other Topics News and Issues
    For discussions and news that are not on the topic of illegal immigration and immigration.

To my knowledge there has been no change in this policy and as I said earlier, I've been here almost as long as you have. Enough of this bickering. If you have a problem with ALIPAC policy please take your concerns to one of the moderators. Thank you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast