Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What Became of Western Morality?

What Became of Western Morality?

by Paul Craig Roberts

Global Research, January 3, 2009
    Information Clearinghouse

On the last day of the old year, two Israelis, Jeff Halper who heads the Israeli peace movement ICAHD and Neve Gordon who is chairman of the department of politics and government at Ben-Gurion University, asked, “Where’s the Academic Outrage Over the Bombing of a University in Gaza?â€

ELE

Jews and Muslims have a long history of dissention.

Personally I think America has too many fires to put out and we need to stay out of this conflict. I think this is a multifaceted problem that doesn't have a clear antagonist and victim. I admit that it is difficut for me to sympathize with Hamas given all the pain and suffering they have inflicted on so many innocent people around the globe. We hear about Muslim extremist going after and killing innocent people all over the world. We never hear about Israeli's going into countries all over the world and killing innocent people. After all, who attacked us in 9/11?

However, with that being said, I don't know the circumstances in Palestine for the non-Jews living in that region. As I said, previously, it is a complex problem that I hope can be resolved through diplomatic means. I don't have much respect for the United Nations as they inevitably lean toward our enemies and disregard America. So hopefully, the peace effort can be accomplished through many venues.

Additionally, I also think we need to get our troops back on US soil from all over the world and defend our own borders, and build our country up. We need to be Protectionist and Isolationist until we are strong. Yes, we need to promote our country's welfare above all else. The push for the Global economy benefits everyone but us. it is foolish.......it's like giving away your dinner, when you have no food in your house and no means to replace it. The biggest crisis we have is the illegals drain. We must get the illegals out of our country through attrition, deportation, and revision of the 14th amendment ( stop the anchor baby scam).

In summation: I believe that we must let the factions involved in the Middle East conflict work this out themselves. And assist in the process peripherally, though non-military means.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Additionally, I also think we need to get our troops back on US soil from all over the world and defend our own borders, and build our country up. We need to be Protectionist and Isolationist until we are strong. Yes, we need to promote our country's welfare above all else. The push for the Global economy benefits everyone but us. it is foolish.......it's like giving away your dinner, when you have no food in your house and no means to replace it. The biggest crisis we have is the illegals drain. We must get the illegals out of our country through attrition, deportation, and revision of the 14th amendment ( stop the anchor baby scam).

Agree,
    We need to start restricting imports not just from China but all countries,
    this way companies can't hop from country to country for cheap labor. A 10-20% increase a year restriction would drive manufactuers back to the US. Illegal Aliens are a 1 Trillion dollar plus liabilty on the backs of Tax Payers yearly, getting rid of them will have a huge positive impact on the economy by driving unemployment down. The country is on the verge of total collapse, time for drastic actions to take place.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Re: Jews and Muslims have a long history of dissention.

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    Personally I think America has too many fires to put out and we need to stay out of this conflict. I think this is a multifaceted problem that doesn't have a clear antagonist and victim. I admit that it is difficut for me to sympathize with Hamas given all the pain and suffering they have inflicted on so many innocent people around the globe. We hear about Muslim extremist going after and killing innocent people all over the world. We never hear about Israeli's going into countries all over the world and killing innocent people. After all, who attacked us in 9/11?

However, with that being said, I don't know the circumstances in Palestine for the non-Jews living in that region. As I said, previously, it is a complex problem that I hope can be resolved through diplomatic means. I don't have much respect for the United Nations as they inevitably lean toward our enemies and disregard America. So hopefully, the peace effort can be accomplished through many venues.

In summation: I believe that we must let the factions involved in the Middle East conflict work this out themselves. And assist in the process peripherally, though non-military means.
    Most of this crap has a beginning in the roots of the old European colonialism. The trouble is, we went to Britain and France's aid, and they pulled out leaving us holding the bag, and getting the bad rap for it. The Middle East, for instance, and the trouble there, goes back to British and French colonial days before and after WWI. Southeast Asia, France's baby again. The mess in the Pacific after WWII. Joint American Japanese foul up. Or label it "JAMFU". But over the last 100 years it has been left up to America to clean up after everybody else. And not one lousey thankyou from it. No, we get lots of ridicule for it though as though it was our fault. Hey we didn't start the messy dungpile. But sure did get it dumped in our laps.