Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

There has been a situation like this in the past that made it on CNN. Why shouldn't there be a scholarship for caucasians. There are some of them that need them as well. I know that many African American kids need it and have many scholarships availible. I totally agree with helping them but when it comes to Hispanics I have a problem. There seems to be more scholarships in Florida for them than African Americans. In Miami there are many scholarships just for Cubans especially at the University of Miami (the private one). Many Cubans are not poor and can afford to send their kids there. As for illegals many of them don't go on to college or university as they can't afford to pay international student fees and have health insurance and often the parents prefer that they go to work to help pay the bills. In fact some of the parents make their children give them a percentage of their pay check.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Color Bline

Scholarships should be color and ethnicity blind; based on either merit or financial need or a combination of both.

Race based scholarships are inherently unfair to those who aren't eligible, and many are reverse discrimination.
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    My daughter, 23 and a single mother, was trying to go to college so she would not have to struggle so hard all of her life. She had to give up school recently because the financial aid she was getting was not enough to survive on.

I had thought of having her apply for a scholarship purposely, which was race based, and have them deny her, then take it to court, but she would not go for it.

I think that might be the one way to stop that rampaging "bull", have a white kids apply, be denied based on race, then go after them for racism.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Scholarships

Next thing you know, someone will be offering scholarships for illegal immigrants!
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

There have been illegals who were illegally given scholarships. It was even discussed on CNN in their series on immigration.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am half Indian and half Irish, I am so dam tired of the reverse discrimination against white people here in our country even by our Government. If we are ever to be truely equal, we have to do away with anything given stricly on someone's race, that in and of itself is a form of racial discrimination! One question here, of all the groups on college campuses, Gay groups, Christian groups, lulac groups, Afro American groups, so on and so on, wonder what would happen if someone wanted to start a strictly white pride group? Right, they would immideiately be deemed to be a horrible racist bunch of people wouldn't they?White people are not allowed to be proud of their race, instead they are forced to walk around with their heads down apologizing to every other ethnic group for having the misfortune of being born into that race of people.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Thank you nitty! I once read on a genealogy site, I wish I could remember now which one it was so long ago, anyways, that one genealogist, a pro, felt that a majority of Ameericans who see themselves as "white", were most likely of mixed genetics/races. Most, he went on to say, can claim a mixture of Native American, and as well some black.

What makes this so funny to me, is that there are those racist white groups who claim "purity of race", could be mixed as well.

Anyways, on the white end of it. My own mother is mixed, and looks more native than white, but she was raised "white" and that is the way she see's herself. I think it is a mentallity, and it is also how you were raised.

I personally think it is beyond outrageous to have scholarships based on skin color. It should be about need only, based on hard work of the student.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AmericanElizabeth, amen, I personally think we would all be so much better off if we were all color blind!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    AmericanElizabeth, amen, I personally think we would all be so much better off if we were all color blind!
    Yes, I agree totally. Just give people scholarships, promotions, whatever based on the person's qualifications and/or abilities.

Sometimes I think the powers that be want to keep separations.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We need to modify our laws to avoid ridiculous lawsuits, and there needs to be a penalty for unjustly tying up our court system. I used to work with a Mexican lady who bragged about falsley suing her ex employer, for discrimination. She thought that they were "stupid" for paying her. That is the reason the honest people get so mad because of people like this. Then I worked with a black lady who called in sick any time a difficult assignment came up at work. Finally, I asked my boss why they did not fire her (especially since they already fired a couple of white people who were much better at their jobs than her), and my boss was honest and said that they did not want a lawsuit. Don't they realize that they are buiding up resentment? If they are proud of their culture, they should set a good example. Even Oprah has The Legend's Ball, which is dedicated to black women. If there was a white Legend's Ball, everyone would hit the roof. I think that we should all be allowed the same privleges, or none. I wasn't around to torture anyone way back when (nor would I want to), and I feel like I am done paying the price for it too. White people used to support the minority population because they wanted to help them. Things have gotten so out of hand, if things don't even out soon, there will probably be a new set of problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast