Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: WHY IS'NT MSM REPORTING ON THE escalating DANGERS of Radiation, UPDATED

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    Report: “It’s a big lie, everybody in Japan knows” — Fukushima “far worse” than authorities admit, they must come clean about what really happened — Forbes Even Getting Suspicious? “Nuclear disaster at Fukushima perhaps the worst of all time”

Published: March 5th, 2014 at 9:24 am ET
    By ENENews

Forbes, Feb. 27, 2014: “The nuclear disaster at Fukushima Daiichi in Japan was perhaps the worst of all time.”
    Seungkoo Choi, Secretary General of the Reactor Suppliers Lawsuit Plaintiff Team, Feb. 28, 2014: “The contaminated water is swirling all over the world through the Pacific Ocean right now. It is not under control. It is a big lie. Everybody in Japan knows it.”
    Stuart H. Smith, Esq., Mar. 3, 2014: [T]ranscribed conversations released through the Freedom of Information Act [show] that even 100 miles from the site of the accident, radiation was 30 times higher than normal expected background levels. [...] these findings suggest what many of us have been saying since Day One, which is that the initial accident at Fukushima was far worse than either the Japanese government or Tepco was willing to admit. Authorities in Japan must come clean about what really happened in 2011 [...]
    See also: Forbes: Biophysicist casts critical light on gov't assurances that Americans were never at risk from Fukushima fallout -- I watched officials attempt to minimize public alarm

http://enenews.com/reports-fukushima...s-suspicious-f

April
    Nuclear Engineer: We’ve already seen genetic defects and radiation-induced illness after Fukushima — Baby of Navy sailor born with multiple genetic mutations, mother pregnant aboard USS Reagan for Japan rescue mission (VIDEO)

Published: March 4th, 2014 at 12:44 pm ET
    By ENENews

Stuart H. Smith, Esq., attorney with decades of experience in radiation cases, Mar. 3, 2014: I noted last week that the news from the site of the Fukushima nuclear disaster in Japan keeps getting worse and worse [...] every week brings new reports of leaks or potential meltdowns [...] there’s growing evidence a large number of Americans already face serious health threats [...] the U.S. Navy crew that was dispatched to Japan for disaster relief [...] $1 billion lawsuit [was] filed by the sailors [...] Many of the sailors are already suffering devastating health impacts [...] Among the 81 plaintiffs in the federal class action are a sailor who was pregnant during the mission, and her “Baby A.G.,” born that October with multiple genetic mutations. [Source] [...] This situation is tragic, and it’s stunning that their lawsuits and the related information that has been revealed so far has not received more play in the American media.
    Interview with nuclear engineer Dave Lochbaum, Union of Concerned Scientists’ Nuclear Safety Project director, TruNews, Feb. 18, 2014 (39:00 in) Q: When will we start seeing a spike in diseases and death rates attributed to Fukushima? A: Theoretically we’ve seen that already. Some of the consequences of radiation-induced illnesses are low-weight births, genetic defects, things like that — which would have already occurred.
    Some of the latent cancers, the latency period for cancers takes 5-6 years before you see a statistically discernible increase. But one thing that is known is that it’s going to get worse, nobody is going to get healed by this.
    Full interview available here

April
    WIPP Expert: Nuclear waste is getting out above ground — Plutonium / Americium found in “every single worker” on site when leak began — New Mexico officials ‘totally unsatisfied’ with lack of info from Feds — “We don’t know how far away it’s gone” — Continuing threat for long time to come (AUDIO)

Published: March 5th, 2014 at 1:27 pm ET
    By ENENews

Interview with WIPP expert Don Hancock of Southwest Research and Information Center, Nuclear Hotseat with Libbe HaLevy, Feb. 25, 2014 (at 22:30 in):

• Don Hancock, Southwest Research and Information Center: We don’t know how far away [contamination has] gone. That’s one of the questions that needs to be figured out.
    • Libbe HaLevy, host: What, if any, signs are there that the leak is ongoing?
    • Hancock: They still have amounts of radiation that they’re reading in the underground at WIPP. The DoE is saying that the filter system is 99.97% effective. We don’t know that that’s true because we don’t have laboratory results back, how much radioactivity those filters are actually catching. We are a long way from having all the sampling we need in the above ground to know how much is out. We can presume that minute amounts can still be coming out through the filter system even if the filter system is working perfectly. The filter system doesn’t work 100% perfect — 99.97%, if it is working that well is good, but that means there’s 0.03% that is getting out. So it will be a continuing problem until all of the contamination, both underground and above ground is cleaned up. [...] It’s a continuing potential threat to people for a long time to come.

Interview with WIPP expert Don Hancock of Southwest Research and Information Center, Nuclear Hotseat with Libbe HaLevy, Mar. 4, 2014:

• Hancock (at 3:00 in): Apparently every single worker on the site when the alarm was triggered late night on Valentine’s Day Feb. 14 received internal dose […] at least 13 [have] confirmed internal radiation. So that bodes the possibility of some serious health consequences.
    • Hancock (at 11:00 in): The government has not been accurate in what it has said [….] The information flow has been bad. I know of nobody that thinks the information flow has been good. I was just on the phone in the last half hour with the New Mexico secretary of the environment department, the state official who is most responsible for the State’s activities at the WIPP site, and he was saying he is still totally unsatisfied with the lack of information the DoE is giving him and his regulatory agency — not to mention the further lack of information that the public is getting.

Feb. 25 interview hereMar. 4 interview here

April
    2 Nuclear Reactors to be Built in US Using Taxpayer Money: Falling Down Alice’s Radioactive Rabbit Hole

by Christina Sarich
    March 6th, 2014
    Updated 03/06/2014 at 12:54 am

I wonder if this is what it feels like to go crazy. Not a little zany, not idiosyncratic, but utterly, looney bin nuts. Recently, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Secretary Moniz announced that our government has approved a $6.5 billion loan to Southern Co. to build two new nuclear reactors at the Alvin W. Vogtle Electric Generating nuclear site in Georgia. Yes, new nuclear – on our own soil.
    With Fukushima radiation bombarding the Pacific Ocean and California turning into the land of slow-roast, and radiation poisoned citizens carrying Geiger counters while their cancer rates go through the roof, our administration has decided to build more nuclear power plants. And – they are going to do it with our money.
    This is more insane than bank bailouts, corporatism that favors a biotech world that displaces the natural one, and military shenanigans that cover up weaponized weather. This is the in-your-face response from the world elite saying to us all, ‘sorry, you’re screwed.’
    It is the first loan to begin nuclear construction in 30 years. The plans were already under way four years ago – well before the Fukushima disaster had begun, but in consideration of the incredibly disastrous affects of this singular nuclear meltdown, one would think that our government would reconsider. Solar and wind power have made enormous strides not just in the US, but elsewhere.
    Those industries have now provided more high paying jobs than the national average, and coal and oil jobs combined. In Georgia, where the plants will be built, solar jobs have more than doubled in just the past year. That’s my mistake though – assuming our government officials were acting on logic. We clearly aren’t dealing with sane individuals anymore, though perhaps we never were.
    Billions of taxpayer dollars will now fund our own deaths through radioactive isotope exposure. Should this be called euthanasia or suicide? Do I refer to it as mass murder, or robbery?
    More than 30 environmental organizations filed a petition early last month asking the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to hold off on issuing any more reactor licensing based on the devastation of Fukushima, but is anyone up in Washington listening? Why do 30 different organizations need to point out what is absurdly obvious and Kafkaesque?
    These actions could mean nothing else but that our governments are fully aware of the risks of nuclear energy, and don’t give a damn if we all die of caesium-induced heart attacks, or our livers and brains rot from depleted uranium and strontium exposure. Between Iraq, Afghanistan, Chernobyl, and now Fukushima, just to name a few big ones, they’ve managed to kill millions. Why are they not all in jail?

http://naturalsociety.com/falling-al...e-rabbit-hole/

April
    Expert: ‘The worst’ from Fukushima has left Japan and is headed to US, Canada — “Most of the radioactivity” moving with currents toward west coast — Report: Front edge of plume arrives in Gulf of Alaska — State: “There’s been a detection of cesium from Fukushima”

Published: March 9th, 2014 at 6:24 pm ET
    By ENENews

Interview with Ken Buessler, scientist at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution and director of the Center for Marine and Environmental Radioactivity, Mar. 7, 2014:

• Buesseler: The concern is not as much from our direct exposure in the ocean, but internalizing it and getting those, say, through seafood and other sources.
    • Jay Johnson, host: How much time will it take to recover from this contamination, if it is possible to recover at all?
    • Buesseler: Ocean currents mix the isotopes that are in the water across the Pacific. It is about 5,000 miles to the west coast of North America. And we just saw it in the sea, the front edge of that plume on the west coast, again, the concentrations are much lower than at the source. These things will be diluted along the way moving at the speed of ocean currents — that is where most of the radioactivity ends up. [...] A much smaller amount [...] is going to remain for decades near Japan.
    • Johnson: If I understood you correctly, you are suggesting that the worst has passed in Japan, but now the radioactive plume is actually slowly migrating towards the West Coast
    • Buesseler: Correct! [...] currents themselves [...] follow the pathways that we know something about, but it is very hard to predict exactly what the concentrations will be on the west coast. By all predictions they will not be of human health concern on our coast.
    • Johnson: I have to say you are the most positive reporter that I’ve had.

Alaska Journal of Commerce, February 2014: Citing information from the Environmental Protection Agency, the Food and Drug Administration and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the Pacific states including Hawaii, California, Oregon and Washington, as well as Health Canada, “all have demonstrated there are no levels of radiation that are of a public health concern,” said Marty Brewer, director of DEC’s Environmental Health Division. She added that only small amounts of radiation have been detected from the reactor source. “There has been detection of cesium that is reportedly from Fukushima but at miniscule levels,” Brewer said.
    USA Today, Mar. 9, 2014: A report presented last week at a conference of the American Geophysical Union’s Ocean Sciences Section showed that some Cesium 134 has already has arrived in Canada, in the Gulf of Alaska area.
    See also: NBC Nightly News: 'Has Radiation Entered Our Food Supply Chain?' -- USA Today: News getting worse at Fukushima, widespread suspicion leaks into ocean 'underreported' -- Expert: “I’m not trying to be alarmist... but how will we know it’s safe" for West Coast? (VIDEO)

http://enenews.com/official-the-wors...t-fukushima-ce

April
    Fukushima plant hanging by its fingernails, about to fall off — Disaster is “warning to all of civilization” — “Gov’t & Tepco announce dates for completion, but no one really believes them… this is new territory” (VIDEO)

Published: March 9th, 2014 at 1:49 am ET
    By ENENews

Mainichi Weekly, Mar. 7, 2014: Severn Cullis‐Suzuki [is] a fourth‐generation Japanese‐Canadian [...] In 1992, at age 12, she delivered a legendary speech at the Earth Summit [...] “If you don’t know how to fix it, please stop breaking it!” Her impassioned speech was delivered on behalf of the world’s children, and it clearly struck a chord in the hearts of global leaders. [...] March 11 will mark three years since the Great East Japan Earthquake, and Severn pointed out that the Fukushima nuclear disaster was a warning to all of civilization. “In bringing my children, my most precious, precious beings, here (to Japan after the nuclear disaster), I have considered deeply the price and the risk for our children, for our energy paradigm,” Severn commented. We must transform this energy paradigm, she added.
    Interview with Michio Kaku on KQED, Ph.D. in nuclear physics from UC Berkeley and protégé of ‘father of the H-bomb’ Edward Teller, Mar. 3, 2014 (at 2:00 in): Well, think of someone hanging at the edge of a building about to fall off, but hanging on by its fingernails — that’s the Fukushima disaster right now. You realize that we have 3 melted cores, we don’t know what they look like [...] We have 100s of tons of radioactive water. The utility is now admitted that much of that is washing into the ocean, getting into the food chain. We’re talking about cesium-137 with a half-life of 30 years, meaning that is radioactive, for perhaps 300 years — getting into the food chain slowly. People in Tokyo sometimes had to go with a Geiger counter when they go vegetable shopping. It’s this horrendous situation that’s going to cost billions of dollars and about 40 years to decommission these reactors.
    Euronews, March 7, 2014: The evacuated areas around the Fukushima nuclear plant remain frozen in time. It is like an end of the world movie set, but this is no work of fiction. [...] To see examples of everyday normality set in such unusual circumstances is spooky and disturbing. Walking around a ghost town supermarket, untouched for years, is something I will never forget. Rats are now in charge. [...] The clean up continues; the Japanese government and Tepco announce dates for the completion, but no one really believes them…… this is new territory.
    Footage from the evacuation zone here

http://enenews.com/fukushima-plant-h...one-really-bel

April
    Fukushima – U.S. Navy Officer: Radiation exceeded 300 times normal

Black Elk
    U.S. Navy Officer: Radiation levels routinely exceeded 300 times normal for over a month far away from Fukushima, “yet I was given only gloves!” — My son was throwing up 30 to 40 times some days — “This basically ruined my life” (VIDEO)
    Navy sailor Lindsay Cooper knew something was wrong when billows of metallic-tasting snow began drifting over USS Ronald Reagan.
    “I was standing on the flight deck, and we felt this warm gust of air, and, suddenly, it was snowing,” Cooper recalled of the day in March 2011 when she and scores of crewmates watched a sudden storm blow toward them from the tsunami-torn coast of Fukushima, Japan.
    “We joked about it: ‘Hey, it’s radioactive snow!’ ” Cooper recalled. “I took pictures and video.”
    But now “my thyroid is so out of whack that I can lose 60 to 70 pounds in one month and then gain it back the next,” said Cooper, fighting tears. “My menstrual cycle lasts for six months at a time, and I cannot get pregnant. It’s ruined me.”
    The fallout of those four days spent off the Fukushima coast has been tragic to many of the 5,000 sailors who were there.
    At least 70 have been stricken with some form of radiation sickness, and of those, “at least half . . . are suffering from some form of cancer,” their lawyer, Paul Garner, told The Post Saturday.
    “We’re seeing leukemia, testicular cancer and unremitting gynecological bleeding requiring transfusions and other intervention,” said Garner, who is representing 51 crew members suing the Tokyo Electric Power Co., which operates the Fukushima Daiichi energy plant.
    “Then you have thyroid polyps, other thyroid diseases,” added Garner, who plans to file an amended lawsuit in federal court in San Diego next month that will bring the number of plaintiffs past 70.
    Senior Chief Michael Sebourn, a radiation-decontamination officer, was assigned to test the aircraft carrier for radiation.
    The levels were incredibly dangerous and at one point, the radiation in the air measured 300 times higher than what was considered safe, Sebourn told The Post.
    - See more at: http://globalresearchreport.com/2013/12/24/navy-sailors-have-radiation-sickness-after-japan-rescue

April
    Expert: ‘The worst’ from Fukushima has left Japan and is headed to US, Canada — “Most of the radioactivity” moving with currents toward west coast — Report: Front edge of plume arrives in Gulf of Alaska — State: “There’s been a detection of cesium from Fukushima”

Published: March 9th, 2014 at 6:24 pm ET
    By ENENews

Interview with Ken Buessler, scientist at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution and director of the Center for Marine and Environmental Radioactivity, Mar. 7, 2014:

• Buesseler: The concern is not as much from our direct exposure in the ocean, but internalizing it and getting those, say, through seafood and other sources.
    • Jay Johnson, host: How much time will it take to recover from this contamination, if it is possible to recover at all?
    • Buesseler: Ocean currents mix the isotopes that are in the water across the Pacific. It is about 5,000 miles to the west coast of North America. And we just saw it in the sea, the front edge of that plume on the west coast, again, the concentrations are much lower than at the source. These things will be diluted along the way moving at the speed of ocean currents — that is where most of the radioactivity ends up. [...] A much smaller amount [...] is going to remain for decades near Japan.
    • Johnson: If I understood you correctly, you are suggesting that the worst has passed in Japan, but now the radioactive plume is actually slowly migrating towards the West Coast
    • Buesseler: Correct! [...] currents themselves [...] follow the pathways that we know something about, but it is very hard to predict exactly what the concentrations will be on the west coast. By all predictions they will not be of human health concern on our coast.
    • Johnson: I have to say you are the most positive reporter that I’ve had.

Alaska Journal of Commerce, February 2014: Citing information from the Environmental Protection Agency, the Food and Drug Administration and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the Pacific states including Hawaii, California, Oregon and Washington, as well as Health Canada, “all have demonstrated there are no levels of radiation that are of a public health concern,” said Marty Brewer, director of DEC’s Environmental Health Division. She added that only small amounts of radiation have been detected from the reactor source. “There has been detection of cesium that is reportedly from Fukushima but at miniscule levels,” Brewer said.
    USA Today, Mar. 9, 2014: A report presented last week at a conference of the American Geophysical Union’s Ocean Sciences Section showed that some Cesium 134 has already has arrived in Canada, in the Gulf of Alaska area.
    See also: NBC Nightly News: 'Has Radiation Entered Our Food Supply Chain?' -- USA Today: News getting worse at Fukushima, widespread suspicion leaks into ocean 'underreported' -- Expert: “I’m not trying to be alarmist... but how will we know it’s safe" for West Coast? (VIDEO)

http://enenews.com/official-the-wors...t-fukushima-ce

April
    The hits just keep on coming......
    AP: ‘Very strong’ 6.9 quake rattles California coast, widely felt throughout region — Directly across from nuclear fuel storage site — ‘Aftershock Warning’: Probability of a strong quake within 7 days greater than 90% (VIDEO)

Published: March 10th, 2014 at 9:53 am ET
    By ENENews

San Francisco Chronicle, Mar. 10, 2014: A series of earthquakes, including a magnitude-6.9 quake, shook off the coast of Humboldt County on Sunday evening [...] A 3.3 quake shook about 40 miles west of Eureka (Humboldt County) at 10:04 p.m., followed 14 minutes by a 6.9 quake, which was centered around the same area at a depth of 4.3 miles, according to the USGS. Within 45 minutes, there were at least six aftershocks with magnitudes ranging from 2.9 to 4.6.
    Associated Press, Mar. 10, 2014: A very strong earthquake rattled the Northern California coast and was widely felt across the region [...] The magnitude-6.9 quake [...] was centered 50 miles west of Eureka and about four miles beneath the Pacific seabed, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. It was followed by about a half-dozen aftershocks, including one of magnitude 4.6. [...]

Raquel Maytorena, 52, near Eureka coast: “This lasted longer than any earthquake I’ve ever felt.”
    Aftershock Warning, Northern California Seismic System operated by UC Berkeley and USGS, Mar. 10, 2014: Magnitude : 6.9 Mw (A strong quake) [...] 50 mi. ( 81 km) W of Eureka, CA [...] STRONG AFTERSHOCKS (Magnitude 5 and larger) – At this time (6 hours after the mainshock) the probability of a strong and possibly damaging aftershock IN THE NEXT 7 DAYS is greater than 90 PERCENT [...] EARTHQUAKES LARGER THAN THE MAINSHOCK – Most likely, the recent mainshock will be the largest in the sequence. However, there is a small chance (APPROXIMATELY 5 TO 10 PERCENT) of an earthquake equal to or larger than this mainshock in the next 7 days.
    HUMBOLDT BAY NUCLEAR POWER PLANT FACT SHEET: Until the federal government approves the construction and operation of a waste-storage disposal facility, the Humboldt Bay plant will continue to store the spent fuel assemblies on-site, in keeping with safety practices approved by the NRC. The 390 spent fuel assemblies are now kept and monitored under specially treated water in a stainless-steel lined, spent fuel pool in the fuel handling building [Pink marker on map; Green is quake epicenter].
    Sheriff’s Office Lt. Steve Knight: This very easily could have been a catastrophe that could have caused a lot of damage.
    Watch the FOX 40 broadcast here

April
    Lawmaker: Japan will be ruined if public doesn’t realize they’re being exposed to Fukushima radiation — “99.99% of the people are being sacrificed” — Will take rest of world down with it (AUDIO)

Published: March 12th, 2014 at 7:19 am ET
    By ENENews
    Forum with Michael Krasny on KQED, Mar. 10, 2014 — Kenji Kushida, Stanford University (at 43:00 in): This crisis doesn’t stop, it keeps on going, there’s no easy solution in sight. […] This current situation is basically unprecedented.
    Message from Arao Shunsuke, Fukushima resident, Mar. 10, 2014: [...] Fukushima Daiichi is nowhere near under control, there are still massive problems [...] we must be prepared for a long term battle which will go beyond the present generation. [...] in Nakadori and other places in Fukushima, a million people are being forced to live exposed [...] Many citizens of Fukushima mutter “we are guinea pigs.” [...] Meanwhile TEPCO has not taken any responsibility for spreading radiation not just throughout Fukushima, but throughout the world. [...] From the point of view of disposal of the radioactive waste also, people are realizing that we are nearing the point of collapse. [...] We are continuing our journey on this small but beautiful planet, through the limitless universe. All of us must join our strength so that this delicate vehicle, which we are riding, which we have borrowed from our children and grandchildren, can be protected and handed over to them intact.
    ‘Nuclear Hotseat’ hosted by Libbe HaLevy, Mar. 10, 2014 (at 49:30 in) — Taro Yamamoto, celebrity and lawmaker elected in 2013 to represent the Tokyo district in Japan’s Upper House: “Idiotic ideas — like restarting the nuclear plants — are being considered here in Japan. It really boils down to exposure to radiation. Why is nuclear dangerous? Because it exposes people to radiation […] in Japan you can talk about nuclear energy, but the subject off radiation is taboo. You almost never here the subject discussed on TV or the mass media. In various places the true situation about radiation exposure is being hidden. If Japanese people can’t face up to this problem then this country will be ruined. It will take the rest of the world down with it. […] I think it is wrong that people’s lives are being sacrificed because of money and the company profits. […] 99.99% of the people are being sacrificed.”
    Full interview with Yamamoto here

http://enenews.com/lawmaker-if-japan...crificed-audio