Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You owe it to me as a Kennedy to make me a US Senator

Can it Caroline

The anti democratic imperiousness of this family is just overwhelming
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE

Nepotism rears it's ugly head.

What has Caroline Kennedy done to help the people of New York politcally? What are her qualifications to be put in this position?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I thought that only the House of Lords in the British parliament allowed automatic seats for royalty.Surely New Yorkers would want a better qualified person to represent them in the senate.Wouldn't they?

Re: You owe it to me as a Kennedy to make me a US Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Can it Caroline

My thoughts exactly! It seems we will NEVER be rid of them!

I wish they'd just GO AWAY!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm so done with their dynasty and drama.

Dixie

She should just take care of her uncle before he dies!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Great.....another Kennedy.

And she's called on Al Sharpton to support her in this:

YouNewsâ„¢Story Published: Dec 16, 2008 at 10:35 AM PST
    By Associated Press ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Caroline Kennedy told New York's governor on Monday that she's interested in the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Hillary Rodham Clinton, making her the highest-profile candidate to express a desire for the job.

Democratic Gov. David Paterson will choose the replacement.

"She told me she was interested in the position," Paterson said. "It's not a campaign. She'd like at some point to sit down."

Caroline Kennedy's spokesman, Stefan Friedman, declined to comment.

Clinton is expected to be confirmed as President-elect Barack Obama's secretary of state.

At an afternoon news conference to discuss last week's paralyzing ice storm, New York's senior senator, Charles Schumer, said he has also talked to Caroline Kennedy about the job.

"And she's clearly interested," he said.

Kennedy is the daughter of the late President John F. Kennedy. Her uncle, the late Robert F. Kennedy, once held the Senate seat she wants. Paterson has sole authority to name a replacement for Clinton, who was first elected in 2000 and re-elected by a wide margin in 2006.

Over the past week, Kennedy, who lives in Manhattan, has reached out to several prominent New York Democrats to tell them of her interest in the Senate seat. They included Joel Klein, chancellor of the New York City Department of Education. Kennedy worked closely with Klein as executive of the Office of Strategic Partnerships for the New York City Department of Education, where she raised about $65 million for the city's schools.

"I think she's thought about it a long time," Klein said of a conversation he had with Kennedy on Monday. He said the campaigning she did for Obama this year helped acquaint her with the gritty rituals of retail politics.

"She's a highly determined woman and she's clearly been thinking about her life and how to make an effective contribution," Klein said. "Everyone knows Caroline, and everyone has a great historical respect for the Kennedy family."

Other Democrats who appear to be on Paterson's short list include New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo, who won't say publicly whether he's interested.

One of the early front-runners, Rep. Nydia Velazquez of Brooklyn, took herself out of the running Friday.

Paterson will appoint someone to fill Clinton's seat for two years if she is confirmed as secretary of state.

Republicans wasted no time in criticizing Kennedy as unqualified for the job and unfamiliar with the state.

"If anything, it makes me more determined to run," said Rep. Peter King, a Long Island Republican who has already expressed his interest in the seat.

"As far as record of achievement, I strongly believe that I'm much more qualified, much more experienced, and have an independent record," King said. "Nothing against Caroline Kennedy, but I don't think anyone has a right to a seat."

Besides being a member of America's most famous political family, 50-year-old Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg is president of the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation and a member of the John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award Committee.

She is also a director of the Commission on Presidential Debates; a director of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund; honorary chairwoman of the American Ballet Theatre; and vice chairwoman of New York City's Fund for Public Schools.

She has a bachelor's degree from Harvard and a law degree from Columbia University. She and her husband, Edwin Arthur Schlossberg, have three children.

The Rev. Al Sharpton, a prominent civil rights activist, said Kennedy called him Monday. For Democrats, Sharpton could be an important ally, and an early call on such political matters can be a critical show of respect. If Sharpton eventually supports Kennedy, his endorsement could go a long way in helping ease any criticism that a black candidate was passed over.

Sharpton said he disagrees with those who say she isn't qualified to be U.S. senator.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

www.kpic.com/news/national/36238764.html - 50k

I get a real kick out of this. No experience whatsoever and bingo, wants to become Insta-Senator.

If Caroline’s Last Name Was Palin

By Andrea Tantaros
    Republican Political Commentator

What has she done in her career? Does she have the experience to govern? Isn’t she just a name and a pretty face in expensive clothes? All questions asked by Democrats (I’m being nice) regarding Sarah Palin as McCain’s pick for Vice President.

But Caroline Kennedy –similarly an intriguing, attractive outsider decked in designer duds and a thin resume — isn’t put under the same kind of scrutiny.

Apparently, qualifications don’t matter to the left as long as you don’t hunt moose.

The left is just plain giddy with excitement over a return to Camelot and the New York press corps, the most selectively tough in the business, is following suit. One this is certain: if Kennedy’s last name were Palin she wouldn’t be anointed.
    Hillary has been telling her supporters to stop trashing Kennedy, but not because she wants to do Caroline any favors. Caroline and her Uncle Judas Iscariot Kennedy turned on the former first lady in her hour of need, arguably a turning point in the Democratic primary. The last thing Hillary wants is a discussion and comparison to her lack of experience when she ran for the Senate in the Empire State almost a decade ago.

I’m curious if she’ll sit down with some prominent Big Apple media fixtures like Charlie Gibson and Katie Couric and subject herself to their murder boards.

Obama is certainly pushing for his ally, no doubt. It could only benefit him to have a high-profile advocate on the Hill and Kennedy will certainly be more malleable than Clinton.

And what about this concept of change? The Kennedy family is an institution. They’ve been around for decades and have been consistently plagued by scandal and drama. Hardly what I’d call a new viewpoint.

As Kennedy travels around the state of New York, not saying much and refusing to answer questions about her lack of experience, I’m curious if she’ll sit down with some prominent Big Apple media fixtures like ABC’s Charlie Gibson and CBS’s Katie Couric and subject herself to their murder boards. As a resident New Yorker I would like to hear Couric ask Kennedy about her feelings on the Peace Bridge in Western New York or Indian gaming in the Catskills. I suspect there would be some stuttering and stammering in her responses but she’d hardly be called a fool as Palin was.

We always knew the Democrats had a double standard. They nominated the most inexperienced candidate in nearly a century to run for president, while they sought to destroy the Republican nominee for vice president because she wasn’t elitist or experienced enough. What they need to learn is that stature is not a substitute for substance, even in New York. But apparently, qualifications don’t matter to the left as long as you don’t hunt moose.

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/ ... e_kennedy/
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Could two people be more uncomfortable looking together?

Dixie

Re: You owe it to me as a Kennedy to make me a US Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Can it Caroline

When did the seats of the house, and congress become hereditary by right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast