Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Caroline Kennedy.

I would like to know what Al Sharpton has to do with a Senate seat in NY being filled and why she would find that having lunch with this clown would be of benefit to her cause!

That's what I want to know!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He gets around. Al was in the town right next to mine recently to speak to the youth at the high school. I unfortunately was not able to go. I find it startling to see her with him as well. All I can think of now with him is Tawana Brawley.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley

Sharpton says lesson to be learned from state scandal
    'We need to stop making excuses'

December 15, 2008
    By DAN MORAN DMORAN@SCN1.COM

NORTH CHICAGO -- Recent developments on the Illinois political landscape have not been lost on the Rev. Al Sharpton, who said he sees a lesson in social justice emerging from the corruption indictment of Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

"If they can perp-walk the governor at 6 in the morning, then certainly we have the right to question police conduct" as it applies to everyday citizens, the activist and 2004 presidential candidate said before a crowd of about 100 at Neal Math and Science Academy.

Invited to speak at an 8th anniversary gathering of the Black Abolition Movement for the Mind (BAMM), Sharpton said, "We had no idea when we set this date (last summer) that we would be in the state of Illinois at a time when all this was going on."

But he added that Blagojevich's situation underscores that no one is above the law.

"We must not be anti-police, we must be anti-when-the-police-are-wrong, (and) when citizens are wrong ... I ain't here to justify criminal behavior, but when you implement the law unequally, that's a crime," Sharpton said.

Sharpton was introduced by BAMM founder Chris Blanks as "one of America's most renowned spiritual leaders (and) the most prominent civil rights activist in the nation."

Speaking on the event's theme of examining the role of community leaders against social injustice, Sharpton -- his distinctive voice often booming off the Neal gymnasium walls -- addressed a variety of subjects during his 40-minute remarks:

• Calling Barack Obama's Nov. 4 victory "historical and significant" and "a further step forward for change" in America, Sharpton told the crowd that work remains to be done on equality.

"Why did (Obama's election) happen? Because people wanted change," he said. "What they're not talking about is what people wanted change from ... There's a post-racial media that wants to act like we don't need to talk about race anymore.

"There's still a problem with criminal justice in this country. There's still a problem with poor people and people of color being treated differently from others."

• While referencing local examples of controversy between the community and police -- from the Waukegan shooting of Jeffrey Lewis to Chicago's John Burge suspect-abuse scandal -- and saying authorities "must enforce the law that they abide by," Sharpton also called out for personal responsibility.

"I tell young people all the time, 'I'm not fighting for the right for you to disrespect the police or your own community,'" said Sharpton, criticizing rap artists and "dope dealers" who "are saying, 'it's cool to break down your own community.'"

• In keeping with the message touted by the Black Abolition Movement, Sharpton said "until you abolish the slave mentality, you will never get out of the slave position ... If I knock you off your seat, that's on me, but if we come back here next week and you're still there on the floor, that's on you."

"We need to stop making excuses and start telling (children) what they can be," Sharpton added, calling for "a movement where people strive for excellence" in their communities and the nation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why did (Obama's election) happen? Because people wanted change," he said. "What they're not talking about is what people wanted change from ... There's a post-racial media that wants to act like we don't need to talk about race anymore.
    Notice how Sharptongue gets a dig in for the cause! Imagine if we no longer needed to talk about race! Sharptongue would be out of business! I will sleep better tonight knowing that Sharpie is on the lookout for further racial inequities.

We must not be anti-police, we must be anti-when-the-police-are-wrong, (and) when citizens are wrong ... I ain't here to justify criminal behavior, but when you implement the law unequally, that's a crime," Sharpton said.

You know what Al?

I agree with you 100%.........the law SHOULD be implemented equally!!!

ALL of the corrupt and criminal among you should be imprisoned.....including YOU!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12