Page 196 of 835 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296696 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 8348
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: BASIC LIST / SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR LONG TERM SURVIVAL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's Effin' Science : Build Your Own Effin' Night Vision Goggles

Uploaded by G4TV on Jun 16, 2010

The It's Effin' Science crew shows how to build an infrared night vision viewer with only a few inexpensive pieces.

BUILD YOUR OWN IR BOOSTER FOR $15 !!!

uploaded by SAGAPSadmin on Nov 23, 2010

Boost your ability to see in the dark build your own LED IR booster for approximately $15.00 with this step by step instructional video !!! Find Most the parts at your local RADIO SHACK store!!

These IR boosters will works with any Sony HI8 Handy Cam Night Shot Camcorders as well as any DVR systems that user IR Cameras.

List of web address's for Parts and Prices:

1.) 10x 8mm 3Chips 60deg 200mW Infrared IR LED Night Vision - 20x $19.00
    http://cgi.ebay.com/20x-10mm-Triple-Chip-200mW-Infrared-IR-LED-Night-Vision-/...

**Special thanks to KIP KAY's youtube channel for the idea and parts**
    kipkay - YouTube

2.) SPST High-Current Mini Toggle Switch - $2.99 (Model #275-324)
    SPST High-Current Mini Toggle Switch : Toggle Switches | RadioShack.com

3.) Project Enclosure (3x2x1") - $2.49 (Model #270-1801)
    Project Enclosure (3x2x1") - RadioShack.com

4.) 9-Volt Battery Holder - $0.99 (Model #270-326)
    9-Volt Battery Holder : Battery Holders | RadioShack.com

5.) 10 ohm 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor pk/5 - $0.99 (Model #271-1301)
    10 ohm 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor pk/5 : Resistors | RadioShack.com

6.) Fully Insulated 9V Battery Snap Connectors - $2.99 (Model #270-325)
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062219

ATN PS-22 Night Scope Converter

Cabela's: ATN PS-22 Night Scope Converter

ATN PS-22 Night Scope Converter

• Turns a standard riflescope into a nightvision scope
    • Removes for daytime use
    • Doesn’t change the zero of your regular scope
    • 2nd and 3rd generation nightvision available

Turn your daytime scopes into nightvision scopes. Representing the latest advancement in nightvision optics, the ATN PS22 gives your daytime scope nightvision capability in a matter of seconds.

Mounts in front of a daytime scope to enable nighttime operation.

No shift of impact, no need to rezero or change eye relief. Uses the latest in image intensifier tube technology for outstanding resolution and performance.

ATN PS22 is one of the most compact and lightweight nightvision systems in its class, at only 1.4 lbs.

Available:

• PS22-G2 (High-Resolution Generation II)*
    • PS22-G3 (Military-Grade Generation III)*

Daytime scope not included

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-10-2012 at 07:52 PM.

The Zombie Bug-Out Bag

June 11, 2012 by Bryan Nash
    SPECIAL
    Zombie Max™ bullets have been field tested.

There’s been a lot of talk lately in the prepper world about how to prepare for the collapse of the U.S. dollar. But the fact is, if you are attacked by a zombie, it won’t matter how much gold you have. “Zombie apocalypse” continues to be one of the most popular searches on the Web. In the event that zombies start running amuck, here are some things you might want to have handy.

Deer Repellent

According to Westlake Ace Hardware, deer repellent has been known to deter zombies. Cover your tracks and you might be able to prevent an encounter with a zombie.

Zombie Bullets

In the event that you come face to face with a zombie, zombie bullets made by Hornady will give you the edge you need. The product includes the following disclaimer:

Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that’s not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean…ZOMBIES!

Blow Torch

You should always have a backup weapon. If you run out of zombie bullets, a blow torch can be used as an ancillary mode of defense. Zombies move slowly, making a blow torch an effective means of protection. A blow torch has many other helpful uses. Fire comes in handy when in a survival situation.

Low Beam Flashlight

Zombies are attracted to light, so steer clear of lanterns and torches. Instead, opt for a low beam flashlight and use it sparingly.

Brain Gelatin Mold

Zombies dine on brains. Use Zombie Brain Gelatin Mold to trick them and satisfy their craving. Zombies are easily duped.

Machete

A machete can be used for cutting limbs: those that belong to trees and zombies.

Bite Suit

If you have the money and the stamina, wearing a bite suit may be a viable option. Just be aware that bite suits do not typically cover the neck and head, a zombie’s favorite area.

Full-Face Helmet

Even if you don’t have a motorcycle, a helmet will still be helpful. A helmet combined with a bite suit will give you 100 percent protection from the mouths of the living dead.

The Zombie Survival Guide

The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead by Max Brooks will provide you with all the information you will need in the case of a zombie attack. With topics ranging from organization to clothing to transportation, Brooks will help walk you through the steps of survival.

Zombie Identification Chart

In the event of zombie attacks, people will become sickly. Zombies have been known to spread illness. It will be difficult to decipher between a sick human and a healthy zombie. Several zombie identification charts are available which will help you know the difference.

In order to keep your head, you’re going to have to use your head. Pack these 10 things and you’ll be more prepared than your neighbors.

The Zombie Bug-Out Bag : Personal Liberty Alerts
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-11-2012 at 03:57 PM.

What To Do When There Is No Doctor

June 11, 2012 by Peggy Layton

PHOTOS.COM
    Kitchen cupboard medicines and old-fashioned folk remedies come in handy when someone is sick.

In the past two months, my family has been hit by several medical emergencies that could have been very serious and even fatal without medical help. Because my husband and I are both self-employed, we have no medical insurance. We pay for everything out of pocket. I have tried to get insurance three times and been denied because I had gestational diabetes 20 years ago. This was a wake-up call for me to figure out alternative ways to take care of our family in case of a disaster. What would we do if we needed medical help and there were no doctors available? That’s a scary thought.

It started off with my 33-year-old son going into surgery for what we were told was a goiter and found out was thyroid cancer. His medication has been changed several times to level out his thyroid levels. The worst part of it is the depression and mental side effects from the removal of his thyroid and the medication he is taking.

Our 2-year old grandson got strep and needed medical attention. He lay on the couch and cried for days. He was so miserable until I took him to the doctor and got antibiotics. I am a firm believer in toughing out colds, the flu and fevers. This episode was too serious.

My 20-year-old daughter spent a couple of months in the Philippines. When she returned home, she had strep and an E. coli infection. She needed antibiotics also.

About a month ago, I went to the doctor because I hadn’t been feeling well for about a year. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and I am now taking the pills recommended to bring my blood sugar levels down.

My husband, a licensed plumber, was fixing a pump in a creek that pumps water to a log cabin in the mountains. He moved a very large boulder off the lid of the pump and it slipped, smashing his finger so hard that a half-inch of it was cut off. There was no one else around, so he drove himself down the mountain to the hospital. He said his EMT skills saved his life. He was passing out while driving, so he used deep-breathing techniques he had learned. He needed antibiotics and pain meds as well as plastic surgery.

Plan Ahead
    Someday, you may find yourself without the ability to get medical care. Perhaps a life-or-death situation comes up. Prepare for this type of situation in advance by getting much-needed medical supplies and information as well as honing related skills. The medical kit on my husband’s plumbing van was inadequate for the blood loss he experienced. One accident could wipe out the entire medical supply kit. We must think out the worst possible scenarios and stock the medicals supplies necessary in case there were no doctors available.

I have several medical kits for our family. I am re-evaluating the kits and am going to add to them. What do we need to stockpile that is available and can be purchased ahead of time to be prepared for a medical emergency of any kind? I suggest you consult a doctor, physician’s assistant or a nurse on this subject. Ask what the most common accidents and illnesses are.

Emergency First-Aid Skills

We never know when an accident will happen to our loved ones or us. The most important thing you can do is learn first aid skills. Take a first-aid course or become an EMT.

Medical Kits
    Medical kits should include splints for broken bones, suture supplies for stitches, thermometers, blood pressure cuffs, hydrogen peroxide, antibacterial salves such as Neosporin and a good supply of bandages, gauze and medical tape.

ION (stabilized oxygen)
    ION should be included in every medical or first-aid kit. ION can be applied straight on a wound to clean and prevent the spread of bacterial infections. ION (stabilized oxygen) kills bacteria on contact. ION can be used medicinally as well by mixing 20 drops of ION in an 8-ounce cup of water. Drinking ION water will help knock out a cold or the flu immediately. ION goes into the bloodstream and gives the body the extra oxygen it needs to fight physical problems that might occur.

Stock Up On Over-The-Counter Medicines
    When my grandson got strep we spent a lot of money at the clinic to learn this remedy.

For children as well as adults with a high fever, wipe them down with rubbing alcohol or apple cider vinegar to reduce fever. Bathing in a lukewarm bath and taking acetaminophen or ibuprofen alternately every four hours will reduce a high fever also. It is important to stock up on over-the-counter medications.

Redmond Clay
    The Redmond Trading Co. packages a mineral-rich clay product that will detoxify the body. To pull toxins out of the body, get a tub big enough to soak both feet in. Fill it with hot water and add 2 tablespoons of Redmond Clay to the water. Mix it up well and soak your feet in it for half an hour. The clay will pull toxins out of the body and into the water. It really helps when someone is ill and needs to detoxify.

I like to mix the clay with a little water into a mud-like paste and use it on bruises, wounds, scrapes, cuts and especially burns. It takes the pain and sting out of burns instantly. I have used Redmond Clay for years and would not be without it in my medical kit. To learn more about Redmond Clay products, click here.

Kitchen Cupboard Medicines And Old-Fashioned Folk Remedies

Salt And Baking Soda Bath
    A good old-fashioned salt and soda bath helps fight illnesses. Mix 1/4 cup each together and dissolve in a bathtub full of hot water. Soak for at least half an hour. This is not only a detox but is for relaxation also. The Redmond Trading Co. packages Real Salt, which is mineral rich and is a great salt, not only to consume but to use in salt baths and toothpaste as well.

Toothpaste
    A mixture of half baking soda and half salt can be used as toothpaste in an emergency. My grandmother and my mother brushed their teeth with baking soda and salt. It polishes the teeth and makes them pretty and bright. Add a few drops of hydrogen peroxide to the mixture, and your teeth will sparkle.

Bee Stings And Mosquito Bites
    Mix a small amount of salt and soda together with a drop of water to form a salt paste. Put this mixture on bee stings and mosquito bites. Let it stay on until it dries. It takes the sting out of the bite. It also works on poison ivy abrasions and rashes.

Muscle Cramps
    Real Salt by Redmond Trading Co. will take away muscle cramps instantly. Just put a pinch of the mineral-rich salt in a small cup of water. Mix it and drink it. Redmond Trading Co. also has a product called Re-Lyte™ that is especially formulated for muscle cramping. I take liquid minerals when I feel a muscle cramp coming on. Taking calcium and magnesium together helps also.

Deodorant
    Baking soda can be used as a deodorant. Just pat some of the powder under your armpits, and it will absorb and neutralize perspiration.

Alkalize The Body
    Studies have shown that if the body is in an alkaline state that disease in the body will be neutralized. Mix baking soda and water together and drink. This helps with acid reflux and indigestion as well.

Magic Mustard Plaster Recipe
    When someone was suffering from a chest cold with congestion and sore throat, my grandmother mixed up a mustard plaster and put it on the person’s chest, covered with plastic wrap or a rag.
    1/4 cup flour
    1.5 teaspoons dry mustard
    3 tablespoons olive, almond or vegetable oil

Mix a small amount of water into the dry ingredients. Add more water until it is thick like mud and spreadable like a paste. Plaster it on the sick person’s chest, covering it with plastic wrap or a rag. Have the person lie still while the plaster does its magic.

Itching Bites
    Rubbing alcohol mixed with a little crushed aspirin will make a paste that takes the itch out of bites. The aspirin takes the pain away, and the alcohol soothes it.

Antibacterial
    Honey has antibacterial properties and will promote healing. Cool then apply the honey and cover the area with dry dressing.

Laxative
    Honey also has mildly laxative properties. Start by taking a tablespoon three times a day or add to foods or drinks.

Coughing
    Combine 1/2 cup honey and 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. You can slightly warm it up to get it to dissolve. Take 1 tablespoon every time you feel like coughing. It will soothe the throat and stop a cough.
    Or take rubbing alcohol from the medical kit and soak a lightweight rag in it. Wrap the rag around the neck of the sick person to relieve cough and cold symptoms. My grandmother use to make us go to bed with this on our throats. It reduces fever and cools the body as well as knocks out the cough.

Sore throat
    Honey and lemon in equal portions mixed together will sooth a sore throat. Combine 1 tablespoon of each and gargle with it.
    Or make a solution of 1 teaspoon salt to ½ cup water. Dissolve and gargle with the salt water. It helps a sore throat.

Burns
    Put honey on a burn and put a bandage over it or use plastic wrap to keep it moist.

Bleeding
    Cayenne pepper is also known as capsicum. Put 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a glass of hot water and drink it. It is hot and might be hard to swallow, but do it anyway. This works because the cayenne travels through the entire circulatory system and regulates blood pressure. Cayenne pepper is noted for its ability to stop both internal and external bleeding.

When used as a poultice, it will stop bleeding. Just take a small amount of cayenne pepper and put it right on a wound that is bleeding. If taken internally, it can help someone that is having a heart attack or stroke symptoms because it dilates the blood vessels and helps open up the blood flow. (Note: The person still should go to the hospital.) This must be taken internally as a drink.

If someone is in shock, they may not be willing to take cayenne pepper. Try to get it down the person. I keep cayenne pepper oil in my medical kit because it can be used under the tongue and is easier to take.

Cayenne Lemonade
    This drink is used to cleanse the body. Drink this every day and your health will improve.
    6.5 cups water
    1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
    1/2 cup maple syrup (grade B) from the health food store
    1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper

Mix well and sip on this drink all day. This recipe will make 7.5 cups. Drink 2.5 cups per day. This recipe will last for three days. Keep refrigerated.

Antibiotic
    Make a poultice with chopped garlic and onions. Put them on the bottom of a sick person’s feet, wrapped with plastic wrap to hold it in place. Leave it on all night so the poultice has a chance to pull the toxins out of the feet. Feed the sick person soup made with lots of onions and garlic. This will help them feel better.

Earache
    Using a garlic press or a blender, mix 2 cloves of garlic in a blender with a drop of water or smash it. Put the garlic juice on a cotton ball and stick it in the ear that is hurting. Garlic has antibacterial properties.

Boost The Immune System
    Eating yogurt will put friendly bacteria into the intestinal track. These active cultures are friendly to the gut and are needed to boost the immune system and ward off bacterial infections such as colds and flu.

Abdominal Cramps
    Add 1 teaspoon powdered ginger to 1 cup boiling water. Drink 1 cup of ginger water to stop abdominal cramps.

Sprains
    Soak the outer leaves of cabbage or lettuce in warm water, then wrap several layers around the sprain and tie it up with a rag or plastic wrap. Go to sleep with it wrapped. It helps the sprain heal faster.

Upset Stomach
    I always have peppermint tea leaves on hand to make herbal peppermint tea for an upset stomach. Take a heaping tablespoon of peppermint tea leaf or one tea bag of peppermint tea and steep it in boiling water then add a little sweetener. Seriously diluted peppermint oil also helps with an upset stomach and with colic in babies. Put 1-2 drops in an 8-ounce baby bottle of purified water. Let the baby sip the peppermint water or the tea and it will help an upset stomach within minutes.

Electrolyte Balance
    Combine 1 cup of raw rice or barley and 1 quart of boiling water. Let it steep for 20 minutes. Strain the water and drink it. This will help restore electrolyte balance and feel good on the tummy. Barley water is a great substitute for coffee and does not have the tannic acid.

Food Poisoning
    Eat a piece of burned toast and drink a cup of black tea. This may absorb some of the food poisoning and help settle the stomach.

Toothache
    Clove oil helps with toothache. Soak cloves in water. When they are soft, chew them up a little and pack them between the tooth that hurts and the gum for at least a half hour.

Dehydration

Combine the following ingredients together and make an electrolyte drink to restore the body fluids lost with throwing up or diarrhea. Drink 1/2 cup at a time every few hours until you feel better.
    4 cups water
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    3 tablespoons of honey or sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt

To learn more about kitchen cupboard medicine and old-fashioned folk remedies, check out the book Cookin’ With Home Storage as well as information on how to purchase ION, Redmond Trading Co. products and many other great emergency-preparedness products. Click here.
    –Peggy Layton

Editor’s Note: Information in this article is for educational purposes only. Always consult with a qualified medical physician. ION has had many great results and has testimonials from many satisfied customers; however, is not intended to treat any medical condition. It is sold only as a dietary supplement or water treatment.

What To Do When There Is No Doctor : Personal Liberty Alerts

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-11-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Why You Absolutely Must Have Food Supplies, Hard Assets and Reserve Cash

Mac Slavo
    June 11th, 2012
    SHTFplan.com
    Comments (63)
    Read by 2,027 people

While many refuse to believe that it can happen, evidence for why it is absolutely critical to stock up for hard times and worst case scenarios is and has been staring us in the face for the last several years (never mind the thousands of years of historical precedent).

The latest warning signs are, once again, popping up in Europe and should be taken seriously, as it is only a matter of time before such events play out in the rest of the world, including right here at home:
    Via Adiconsum Italia – Translated via Google

BNI depositors unable to make withdrawals / payments, payments of utility bills, mortgage payments, taxes

Peter Giordano, Adiconsum: “Grave of the Bank of Italy’s attitude that takes action without considering the impact on depositors, and especially on single-income families and pensioners”

The Bank of Italy authorized the suspension of payments by Bank Network Investments SpA (BNI) without communicating anything to the depositors.

Very serious and unacceptable – says Peter Jordan, Secretary General Adiconsum – the attitude of the Bank of Italy SpA in each BNI, because highly prejudicial to the interests of customers.

Bank of Italy, in fact, after extending the receivership of the bank, thus giving the impression of an imminent rescue, then gave the green light for compulsory winding up, without giving any prior notice to the depositors, leaving them in no condition to perform any type of operation, even basic ones for daily survival, such as withdrawals / payments, utilities payments, rates, taxes.
    This is not an isolated incident and we have, in fact, seen a similar scenario play out right here in America in the recent past with the collapse of Indymac bank (no affiliation with SHTFplan Mac), which left depositors without any way of accessing funds. The same happened across the pond in the UK with the collapse of Northern Rock.

Anxious customers wait to get their funds all over IndyMac banks in California after regulators took control in July of 2008:

Thousands all over the UK headed straight for Northern Rock Bank once they learned it was no longer solvent in 2007:

We have enjoyed relative stability in our banking system since the crash of 2008 as the Federal Reserve has pumped out trillions of dollars in funds to save banks that are, by all accounts, totally insolvent already.

With the collapse of Europe now upon us and a similar disaster awaiting the United States in the next couple of years as our debts (private and public) exceed our abilities to repay them, we can fully expect “bank holidays” across the entire country.
    There are those who may argue that these are the ramblings of a fear monger, but make no mistake, a nationwide bank holiday was already considered in the United States – and no, we’re not talking about Franklin Roosevelt’s closing of the banks in the 1930′s.

When? On the very first day, as the very first action of the new Obama administration in January of 2009.

1st Video: BANK HOLIDAY: JON CORZINE JOE BIDEN

BANK HOLIDAY: JON CORZINE JOE BIDEN - Alex Jones Show Infowars 2011-12-27 - YouTube#!

Things got so bad after the financial and economic collapse of 2008 that the entire system as we know it was about to go under.So much so, that Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson reportedly warned congressional members that if no bailout was passed in November of 2008 that the government would literally have been forced to declare martial law.

2nd Video: Rep. Brad Sherman Martial Law

Rep. Brad Sherman Martial Law - YouTube

That was nearly four years ago. And, as we well know now, not a single thing has been done to resolve the fundamental problems we faced then.

We are now so far gone that there is a real possibility that the next phase of this crisis – which is near critical in Europe now and will soon come to the United States – will be totally out of control of the government and central banks, which will leave them no other option but to shut down the banks before we have Great Depression style bank runs.

While we realize the mainstream media and the majority of Americans believe it to be an impossibility that they would not have access to their bank funds, online bill pay systems, or ATM’s, we’ll play devil’s advocate and suggest such an event may actually occur.

What if banks were closed?

And what if when they reopened again your dollar was worth much less than when they closed for business?

This happened in 1934 after FDR devalued the dollar against gold during a bank holiday, it recently happened in Venezuela when Chavez devalued the local currency by 50%, and most notably in North Korea where residents lost 99% of the value of their wealth over night.

How would you pay your rent or mortgage? (Banks may be closed to your withdrawals, but be assured they will still want your monthly payment)How would you buy food or toilet paper?

How would you pay your utility bills? (or what if your utility company couldn’t pay their bills?)How would you pay for medical care or emergency medicine? (Or what if there were no medicines left to buy?)

How would you even get to the grocery store with your devalued dollars after economic martial law was declared and gas prices were so high you couldn’t afford them or gas itself wasn’t even available at your local gas station?

Are you planning on the National Guard giving you a ride?

Then again, this is America, and we have a centrally planned economy, so there is no way this is going to happen.

Nothing to see here.

Carry on.

Why You Absolutely Must Have Food Supplies, Hard Assets and Reserve Cash
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-11-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Hi Everyone,

We finally got our hands on a KSG to test. It is quite a gun, probably one for the ages if Kel-Tec can make enough of them. If you remember back to SHOT Show of 2011, this was our biggest story ever at the time, and today it is possibly still the biggest story in the firearms world. They are still very hard to get, and there are some price gougers out there, but eventually supply will catch up with demand, and um, no, ours is not for sale.

If you own a 1903 Springfield and you would like to shoot Service Rifle, but your eyes are a little past their prime, check out the NO DRILL scope mount we found from S&K, and the exact WWII replica scope from Hi-Lux. Great stuff. Also a new take on pocket holsters, ones we have been carrying now for months and they are sooooooo much better than pouch holsters. And if you missed this before, an overview of percussion pistols for those who can't own modern cartridge handguns. This interesting federal loophole may mean a whole new type of shooting for you. Thanks as always for being part of GunsAmerica.

Kel-Tec KSG 15 Round Shotgun – Range Report

No gun has made more noise in the gun market over the past two years than the Kel-Tec KSG. Introduced in prototype at SHOT Show of 2011, the KSG is a bullpup design pump action shotgun with two, side by side, selectable magazine tubes, each holding seven regular 2 3/4" shotgun shells. This adds up to an awesome firepower total of 14, plus one round in the pipe, for a total of 15 round pump shotgun. For a compact high capacity shotgun, the KSG has had no equal. The problem has been unfortunately , nobody could get one, not even the writers. Now the KSG is making its way out into the market and the demand is far outstripping supply. For several months now the guns have been selling at a premium of well over the MSRP of $880, but they are at least coming out, and we were able to finally take one to the range. While everyone has been waiting for the KSG, while supply slowly catches up to demand, we have all been asking, is the KSG a novelty gun for the armchair zombie hunters, or is it a serious close quarters battle shotgun? On first blush, it could be a bit of both, but when you shoot the KSG, there is no denying that for home defense, police use, and even military strike teams, this is probably a gun that is here to stay. (Click Here to Read More)

"No Drill" 1903A4 Sniper Rifle – 1903 Springfield

If you trace the evolution of the modern sniper rifle, it invariably leads you back to the Model 1903 Springfield. It served US forces in World War I, then soldiered on into World War II, through the Korean Conflict, and even appeared here and there in Vietnam. Several versions of the 1903 Springfield were used as sniper rifles, the most common of which was the 1903A4. It first appeared in 1943 and carried a Weaver 330 scope, mounted on a drilled and tapped Redfield base that was created specifically for the gun. The Weaver 330 later turned into the M73, and then the M73B1, and with its 2.2x not waterproof sniper scope, the 1903A4 is today the most classic of all US sniper rifles, but they are expensive, in the thousands of dollars for even a beat up one. Over the past several years there has been an explosion in shooting competitions based on "as issued" military bolt rifles, or "service rifles." Thousands of old ’03 Springfields and other bolt action battle rifles have left the confines of the gun safe after decades of non-use and have again become "working rifles." The problem is, a lot of the shooters involved in these new service rifle competitions are great shooters, but have aging eyesight. Over a certain age, you really need optics to shoot well, but the 1903 Springfield isn’t the easiest gun on which to mount a scope. The receivers are extremely hard on most of them and difficult to drill and tap, and drilling and tapping them is a big decision as well. It is very rare if not impossible to find an ’03 that is all original, but they all have historical value and significance. Most of us out here with the guns are also history nuts and at least quasi-collector/accumulators, and we can’t just decide to drill and tap them for scope mounts so we can shoot them better. That is why, until now, they have largely just sat in the safe. ( Click Here to Read More )

NextGen Pocket Holsters from Double Tap, Crossbreed, Recluse

I have been at war with pocket holsters since my first concealed carry permit back in New Hampshire in the 80s. Back then the only pocket holsters were leather pouches. They were simple and kept the gun upright in your pocket at first, but eventually even the best of them would slump and buckle, providing little benefit to carrying the gun alone in your pocket. For many years I even carried an AMT Backup 45 with no holster at all in my front pocket, because there was no holster that fit it well and gave me access to the gun. Now, almost 30 years later, due in part to the explosion of micro-pistols in .380, 9mm, and now .45ACP, there are a lot more options to carry a gun in your pocket. Many of them are made from new materials, and a lot more thinking went into making them than back in the day. The pocket holster of today has arrived. (Click Here to Read More)

A Handgun When You Can’t Buy a Handgun

Call it a "loophole." The federal government says that the guns that killed tens of thousands of Americans in the bloodiest war in our young history aren’t guns, and so they are therefore not included in any of the laws regarding the purchase and possession of firearms as we know them today.

You don’t have to fill out a form 4473 to buy one. There is no NICS check.

You can transfer them over state lines with no paperwork, and believe it or not, you can even order them in the mail, delivered right to your door like Netflix. ( Click Here to Read More )

GunsAmerica
    Where America Buys and Sells Guns.
    http://www.gunsamerica.com

This is an official GunsAmerica Email Notification.
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-11-2012 at 08:44 PM.