Page 36 of 854 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136536 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: BASIC LIST / SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR LONG TERM SURVIVAL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 5 guests)

1. Airbornesapper07
    South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Study Finds High Levels Of Antioxidants In Black Rice

September 6, 2010
    by Personal Liberty News Desk

Black rice may not be the first thing that health-conscious consumers think of when they are looking for a food that is packed with antioxidants. However, a recent study revealed that the rice may be more nutritious than traditional superstars from the plant world like blueberries.

Researchers from Louisiana State University said that, in addition to high levels antioxidants, black rice may have other benefits compared to many fruits. It is high in fiber and low in sugar. Professor Zhimin Xu, who led the study, said that this makes the rice variety an ideal health food.

"If berries are used to boost health, why not black rice and black rice bran? Especially, black rice bran would be a unique and economical material to increase consumption of health promoting antioxidants," he said.

He added that it would be especially beneficial for makers of breakfast cereals, cakes, cookies and beverages to begin using black rice bran. This could help individuals increase their intake of healthful antioxidants, which have been shown to reduce the risk of many chronic diseases.

http://www.personalliberty.com/news/stu ... -19932827/
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-01-2012 at 08:38 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

White Corn Meal in a bulk 50 pound bag.

Corn meal is a popular dry corn product because of its long shelf life.

It is used to produce an assortment of chemically leavened breads and fried products like corn bread and muffins. Our corn meal is a product of the newer style of milling which is done by huge steel rollers that remove the husk and germ almost completely. The product can be stored almost indefinitely in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Cornmeal is either yellow, white or blue, depending on the type of corn used. Yellow cornmeal has slightly more vitamin A than white. Blue cornmeal is usually available only in specialty markets or the gourmet section of some supermarkets. However, there are an increasing number of blue-corn products available such as blue-cornmeal flakes and chips.

Other Items from Corn Bran, Flour & Meal

White Corn Flour 50 LB - White Corn Flour in a bulk 50 pound bag.
    White Corn Grits 50 LB - White Corn Grits in a bulk 50 pound bag. Also known as Hominy Grits
    White Corn Meal 50 LB - White Corn Meal in a bulk 50 pound bag.
    Yellow Corn Cones 50 LB - Yellow Corn Cones in a bulk 50 pound bag.
    Yellow Corn Flour 50 LB - Yellow Corn Flour in a bulk 50 pound bag.
    Yellow Corn Grits 50 LB - Yellow Corn Grits in a bulk 50 pound bag.
    Yellow Corn Meal 25 LB - Yellow Corn Meal in a bulk 25 pound bag.
    Yellow Corn Meal 50 LB - Yellow Corn Meal in a bulk 50 pound bag.
    Corn Bran 5 LB - A low-fat, low carbohydrate food.

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/browse ... 50-LB.HTML
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-01-2012 at 08:39 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

hi i thought i'd like to add to this , very good work you've done thus far ....

i'm sure many of you have read "surviving argentina " good book ...

i don't think the world will end here in the united states , we have lots and lots of resources and food ...but it's very likely we will see prices increase , and it's possible we could see temporary food shortages in the event of economic uphevial .. ( panic buying )

As far as food goes , buy yourself a nice 50 pound bag of rice from sam's club ..keep it for a year or two , then dontate it to a food bank and buy another one ..

powered milk is good to have handy , and can be used in everyday cooking ..

The main concern you should have is too keep your fridge reasonably full , and have a fair amount of fresh canned goods ..

oh yes , and SUGAR , get lots of it ...look there are many things we americans can live without , things we can give up ... but you don't KNOW how much sugar we suck down on a daily basis , we are all basically sugar addicts .. would any of us want to keep living without sugar?Go to sam's club and buy yourself three 50 pound bags of it ...look , sugar NEVER goes bad , and no matter what happens , your going to crave it ..

here's a video i made about the types of kitchen appliances your going to need in addition to the ones most of us already have in the kitchen , it's a dorky video , but i think you'll get the point ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJP5itNAQmo

also yes , don't forget to stock up on spices !

In Preparing For Disasters, Americans Should Also Think Of Their Animals

September 14, 2010
    by Personal Liberty News Desk

Between natural and man-made disasters that continually threaten American citizens, it is important to constantly review and update family survival plans. However, since many people rely on farm animals for their economic well-being, and many more have pets who are integral parts of their families, emergency preparedness should also cover animals, experts say.

To help individuals prepare their four-legged friends for disaster survival, the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) is providing informational resources on how to go about doing so.

It says that, just like with human preparedness, the key is to start early. It is important to familiarize yourself with the kind of disaster that could happen in your area — including a hazardous materials spill — and plan accordingly.

Each family or farm should have an animal evacuation kit, complete with information about the type and number of animals, their medical history, proof of ownership and emergency contact information. Owners should identify alternate sources of food and water ahead of time, as well as places — such as pastures, racetracks, veterinary college grounds, etc. — where large animals can be evacuated in case of an emergency.

Individuals who keep livestock should ensure that barns and stables are structurally sound and promptly remove dead trees and other debris that could hinder an evacuation, AVMA experts further advise.

Moreover, animal and pet owners should always have well-maintained vehicles full of gas, and enough cash on hand.

Finally, each animal — regardless of whether they are domestic or livestock — should have proper and damage-resistant identification on them, such as a microchip, collar, tatoo, leg band or an ear tag.

In addition to man-made disasters, which can happen anywhere, different areas of the United States are prone to earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, forest fires and floods.

http://www.personalliberty.com/news/in- ... -19938760/
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-01-2012 at 08:39 AM.

Preparedness 101

Posted: September 18, 2010
    1:00 am Eastern 2010

Did you know that this is National Preparedness Month? Yes, that’s right. This is the month we recognize the efforts of those of us concerned enough about the future to prepare for hard times. This is also the month we recognize everyone else who will ignore or poke fun at our efforts until the bleep hits the fan, after which they suddenly become our best friends.
    Lately it doesn’t take a lot to get me worried. All I have to do is read the headlines on WND or the Drudge Report, and next thing I know I’m pulling out the canner and wondering what else can go in jars. Maybe it’s because I’m not an economist and have only the vaguest notion of what happens in the upper echelons of the unholy alliance between bankers and politicians, but somehow a pantry full of food doesn’t strike me as a bad idea.

That’s right. We’ve crossed the Rubicon of sanity into that strange, mystical, allegedly paranoid world of “Preppers.”
    Of course, nearly all the things we’re doing or learning are things that will be useful regardless of what the future brings. But our concerns about the economy are spurring us to do/learn /purchase things now rather than later. After all, by definition “prepping” means preparing in advance of hard times, not after.
    This little subtlety – that preparing is best done before rather than after a serious event – seems to escape a lot of people. You know, like the folks in Florida who see no need to keep plywood in their garage until the hurricane is coming, when they mob Home Depot.
    And for this, of course, we’re classified as anything from lovable crackpots to domestic terrorists. Isn’t that nice?

It’s helpful to know what you’re preparing for. Here in north Idaho we prepare for wildfires, earthquakes and blizzards. On a national scale, we have concerns about two possible scenarios. One is that our country will experience an economic collapse, in which case our best “savings account” is what is euphemistically called “tangibles.” (In “Prepper” lingo, this is referred to as beans, bullets and Band-Aids.) The other, hopefully less-likely scenario is a loss of the power grid due to either an EMP weapon or a massive solar flare.
    But unless you’re steeped in the strange surreal underworld of “Preppers,” it occurs to me the average reader of this column may be unfamiliar with the basics of preparing. The thousand words I’m allotted here can hardly scratch the surface, but nonetheless I would like to offer a brief summary of what you should think about. I call this Preparedness 101.
    There are seven concrete areas to consider. There are thousands of books and websites that can explain any of these items in great detail – as well as quite a bit of information on my blog – so please don’t ask me about specifics.
    • Food – This is obvious. I don’t mean you should stuff your freezer with TV dinners, either, because if the power goes out, they’re gone. Consider purchasing staples you enjoy eating (rice, beans, oatmeal, etc.) and learn to store and prepare them. These have the added advantage of being dirt cheap. If you want to take the next step, learn to can. Properly canned food lasts years without refrigeration, and canning is a valuable skill as well. Alternately, buy lots of commercially canned food.

• Water – Ditto. Without water to drink and wash, you’ll be miserable (or dead). At all times, you should have a minimum of 10 gallons stored in your home. Look for options to secure larger quantities (roof runoff? storage tank?) as well as ways to sterilize surface water such as bleach, iodine or filtration.

• Heat – We live in north Idaho. Heat is a major concern for us. How can you heat your house if the power goes out? Everyone’s circumstances are different – you probably can’t install a woodstove in a Manhattan apartment – so think through the alternatives that will work for you.

• Lights – You don’t want to be in the dark, do you? Everyone can afford an oil lamp or two. Don’t bother with those pricey containers of scented lamp oil, either. A gallon of kerosene is less than $10 and works just fine.

• Sanitation – What happens if you can’t flush your toilets? If you run out of diapers or feminine hygiene? If you can’t buy toilet paper? Think about what kind of reusable alternatives you can substitute for pricey disposable items.

• Medical – Can you doctor yourself for minor injuries? Do you have a good stock of your prescription medicines? It doesn’t cost much to pull together a comprehensive first-aid kit. It might be harder to stockpile prescription medications, so this is something worth discussing with your doctor.

• Safety – What happens when too many people suddenly want to be your best friend post-bleep? What should you do if you live in an urban area subject to rioting and unrest? Some people interpret “safety” to mean they should have an arsenal of guns. Others think they need a secret rural “bug out” location. However you interpret it, identify prospective dangers for your circumstances and think of how to mitigate them.
    These are the basic core areas of preparedness. There’s nothing radical about these things; they’re just common sense. Yet to the Department of Homeland Security, these are acts of domestic terrorism.
    “Preppers” feel it’s sensible not to place our faith in the government or expect it to come to our aid if things get tough. (Indeed, most “Preppers” believe the government is the problem, not the solution.) This is what worries the DHS since, after all, those of us not enamored with government assistance must be hiding something.
    Above all, never, ever, ever assume the government will help you during hard times. Remember Katrina? The whole idea of preparedness is to help yourself. And I don’t mean help yourself to other peoples’ supplies; I mean help yourself.
    Our favorite maxim whenever someone pokes fun at us for taking the necessary steps to protect ourselves is this: “We’re prepared to be wrong. Are you?”

http://www.wnd.com/2010/09/204657/
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-01-2012 at 08:41 AM.

AirborneSapper7, you may have this among these pages of good information, and some people do not like these foods. Sardines and Salmon in cans keep for many years. The ones I bought recently have a five year shelf life. Both are great sources for nutrition and good for bone strength. They have good fat too.

Psalm 34:18, it is written, The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

working4change

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    I hope someone out there is paying attention
    I am these are great I missed them before

Kathyet

I am still going through all these messages. I can't believe all the information on this board thank you for doing this..you took so much time and effort in this... I had this emailed to me this morning, so thought I would share it with you, you can listen to the rebroadcasts... I haven't been through all the posts here. I am on only on page 7 so if you already brought this over I apologize.

Hi kathyet,

Ok, here's the link to the Doctor Prepper show...

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/doctorprep ... 09-20-2010

I'm pleased to announce that tonight I will be a guest on:
    "Doctor Prepper's Preparedness Radio Network" where I'll be
    discussing my personal views on survivalism and the state of
    preparedness in America.

The show starts at: 8:00pm (Eastern) - 5:00pm (Pacific)

Hope to hear from you tonight!
    Ed

P.S. I have a special announcement tonight that I'm sure you'll
    want to hear. Make sure you tune in.

Preparedness Radio Network

Kathyet

April
    Lets shut down Amnesty today!!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-212960.html