Page 542 of 835 FirstFirst ... 42442492532538539540541542543544545546552592642 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 8348
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: BASIC LIST / SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR LONG TERM SURVIVAL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Plant Care Today

Over 50 Canning Recipes In Seasonal Order -

http://plantcaretoday.com/over-50-ca...nal-order.html

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

EVERY DAY CARRY (EDC) PACK

EDITORIAL, HOW-TO, LISTS, PRODUCTS WE LOVE

EDC Maxpedition Fatty

If you believe in preparedness, you probably have a 72-hour bag (bug-out bag). You likely have some water
    and food stored in your home. Hopefully you have at least two escape routes and maybe a bug out location (even if it’s a friend or relative’s house). But there is no use in being prepared if you are
    only ready some of the time. If your preps are all at home and you run into trouble on your way to work, your home preps are totally useless. So an Every Day Carry (EDC) pack is a necessary component to preparedness. And because you carry it with you wherever you go, it has to be a pretty exclusive set of compact essentials.
    There are lots of great options available for EDC packs. Some use a fanny pack, a messenger bag, or a compact backpack. I like the Maxpedition Fatty Pocket Organizer. I carry this as sort of an expanded wallet.
    If you read much about prepping, survival, bushcraft, etc, you’ve likely come across many lists of what people keep in their EDC. Here’s where I show you what’s inside mine:
    cash and credit cards
    bug-out USB
    Leatherman Charge TTi
    Spyderco Pacific Salt
    Boker Plus Vox Access Tool
    Titanium Spork
    Streamlight Protac Flashlight
    glow stick
    Pocket Grappling Hook
    Gerber Tactical Pen
    Sharpie
    Notepad
    Gear Aid Field Repair Kit
    Signal Mirror
    Whistle
    Windproof Lighter
    Magnesium Firestarter
    2 Datrex Water Pouches
    Mylar Blanket
    Rain Poncho
    6″ Zip Ties
    Ear Plugs
    Bandana
    Krazy Glue
    2 Hand Warmers
    Paracord
    2 oz Dr. Bronner’s Soap, Tea Tree
    Lip Balm
    compact custom first aid kit (in ziplock):
    bandaids
    neosporin
    advil
    tylenol
    benadryl
    pepto
    moleskin
    alcohol pads
    sm tweezers
    nitrile gloves
    Feel free to critique my EDC list…I’m constantly updating it and always looking to improve it!

http://betterhomestead.com/every-day-carry-edc-pack/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Prepared Page

Everything You Need To Know About Storing The Food You Grew

>> http://www.thepreparedpage.com/every...food-you-grew/

The Prepared Page

How To Make A Knife With Basic Tools

>> http://www.thepreparedpage.com/how-t...h-basic-tools/

Great tutorial on how to make a knife with basic tools

Homestead Survival

http://thehomesteadsurvival.com/buil...-water-heater/

How To Build A Homemade Water Heater

Please share your opinion, share this post or just say HI !

22 Non-Food Items To Hoard For A Crisis »
    Stockpiling non-perishable food and water for an emergency is pretty much Job No. 1 when it comes to prepping. But if food and water are all you have, you’re going to find surviving very challenging, especially if you’re forced to bug out when you thought you were going to be able to hunker down. More »

What’s In Your Kit? Concealed Carry Means More Than Just a Gun

February 10, 2014 by Kevin Michalowski

PHOTOS.COM

I think it was famed firearms trainer Clint Smith who coined the phrase, “Carrying a gun is not supposed to be comfortable; it is supposed to be comforting.”
    I’ve met Smith a couple times; and while I am sure he doesn’t remember me, he certainly made a great impression with his no-nonsense and straightforward ideas about self-defense.
    The first thing you need to remember is that self-defense is about fighting back. You have to be willing to fight back, or all the self-defense tools in the world will not protect you. Once you have made the choice to no longer be a victim, you need to get training and walk the path of continued training. Skills are perishable. If you don’t use them, you lose them.
    Now we can talk about concealed carry gear. What you carry every day is important. Sure, many of you strap on a pistol and call it good. And that is good, insofar as it is better than nothing.
    The next item I would suggest you carry regularly is a small, high-intensity flashlight. Bad things happen in the dark. Predators lurk in the shadows waiting to strike. Illuminate those shadows, and you take away the element of surprise. Time is incredibly valuable when you are the second person to know you are in a fight. The more time you give yourself to respond, the better off you will be.
    The choice to carry spare ammo is a personal one. Good, solid arguments can be made on both sides of the topic, but remember this: No one who has survived a gunfight has ever said, “I wish I’d had fewer bullets.” This is not Hollywood. There are very few one-shot stops. We all know that predators often hunt in packs. Consider this: You are already preparing for the possibility, not the probability, that you will be attacked. So why not prepare for the possibility that you will need more ammo?
    Next up on my list is good quality pepper spray. If the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail. There will be cases where you can’t draw your weapon, but you need some extra help. Pepper spray will not solve every problem, but it can adjust the attitude of a potentially violent person and give you a chance to escape. Remember, police are allowed to pepper spray against “active resistance or its threat.” Check your local laws; but in many cases, you don’t have to let someone throw a punch before you arm yourself with pepper spray. You have to reasonably believe the aggressor posed an imminent threat. If someone says, “I’m gonna kick your ass!” believe them and act accordingly.
    Your cellular phone is a tool you likely take with you everywhere you go anyway. If you have resisted cellular technology for any reason, it is time to reconsider that lifestyle choice. Communication is a key element of self-defense and being without a means to call for help is akin to being without a means to defend yourself.
    There are plenty of other potential additions to this list. I am by no means suggesting this to be comprehensive. This is a starting point. Your self-defense choices are very personal and individual. All I want you to do is start thinking about them and act on those thoughts.
    Kevin Michalowski

Filed Under: On Your Own, Survival and Self-sufficiency

http://personalliberty.com/2014/02/1...an-just-a-gun/

The Prairie Homestead

Simple Apple Peel Cider {put those peels to good use!}

The recipe: http://andhereweare.net/2013/09/simp...eel-cider.html

Pin it for later: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/247838785718479563/

Craft, Home and Garden Ideas

10 Incredible DIY Lawn Games
    http://diycraftsandgarden.com/roundu...diy_lawn_games

** PLEASE SHARE, LIKE & COMMENT to keep seeing my Posts **
    The more you interact with a page the more posts you see

Follow us at ----> https://www.facebook.com/xoCHAGIox