Page 37 of 740 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137537 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Ron Paul and Israel: Respect, Commerce and Honest Friendship

Former Ron Paul adviser Leon Hadar recently published an op-ed in the Hebrew-language Haaretz about how a President Paul would respect Israel. Here is a portion of the English translation from The American Conservative.

I had the opportunity to serve as one of Paul’s foreign-policy advisers during the presidential campaign of 2008 and recall the 76-year-old former physician and Christian Baptist who has been representing the 22nd district from Texas in Congress since 1979 as someone with deep knowledge of Jewish history and an admirer of Israel who follows with great interest the political and economic developments there.

Paul is also a proponent of Austrian school of economics founded by such luminaries as Joseph Schumpeter, Friedrich Hayek, and Ludwig von Mises, and he shares with other American “Austrians” deep skepticism of government intervention in the economy and believes that Washington’s activist monetary and fiscal policies would result in economic bankruptcy, unsustainable inflation, and the debasement of the U.S. currency. Paul has called for the elimination of the U.S. federal reserve board and major government agencies and for cutting taxes, slashing government spending, and removing regulation on business.

While Paul’s position that increasing the government role in the economy runs contrary to the values of individual economic freedom makes him a political ally of American conservatives… But this same libertarian views have also led Paul to become a leading opponent of U.S. military intervention around the world. He believes that U.S. military power should be used only as a last resort in order to protect core U.S. national interests and not as part of an ambitious and costly strategy to force other countries to follow American dictates and embrace American ideals. Such a policy only helps to drive the U.S. into more military interventions abroad while strengthening the power of the government and the military-industrial complex at home.

Paul’s strong opposition to the U.S. war in Iraq and to President George Bush’s “Freedom Agenda” in the Middle East, as well as his refusal to support an American military campaign against Iran, reflects his commitment to these libertarian non-interventionist principles. He believes that Iran — with or without nukes — does not pose a direct threat to U.S. interests, and that nuclear Israel has the capabilities to contain a nuclear Iran.

There is nothing “anti-Israeli” in Paul’s resistance to providing aid to Israel. He has been a long-time opponent of providing American economic aid to all foreign countries, which, he believes, amounts to wasting U.S. tax-payer money on sustaining policies that do not necessarily align with American interests and values.Instead, he would encourage the promotion of trade and investment ties with Israel and other countries.

Hence, that Paul regards Israel as “our close friend” is not inconsistent with his opposition to providing aid to Israel or resisting a war with Iran. Paul has stressed that when it comes to pursuing its own national interests vis-a-vis Iran or the Palestinians, Washington should not “dictate how Israel runs her affairs,” Paul stressed.

From that perspective, if the Israeli government decides to attack Iran or for that matter to reject a deal with the Palestinians, a President Paul would respect these decisions…

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/12/2...st-friendship/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul Iowa Team Names New ‘Homeschoolers for Ron Paul’ Members

Member families valuing education freedom hail from Linn, Kossuth and Dallas counties

ANKENY, Iowa – The Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign announced today additional families joining the “Homeschoolers for Ron Paul” nationwide coalition. Today’s featured members reside in Linn, Kossuth, and Dallas counties, all Iowa.
    The first additions are Marion residents Matt and Sarah Banowetz, who have been homeschooling their four children for five years.

“As a homeschooling mother, I support Ron Paul for President because of his ‘hands-off’ views that allow freedom for parents to school their children as they see fit with minimal government regulations. I also support his proposal of a $5,000-per-child tax credit to be used for schooling – books, computers, etc.,” said Mrs. Banowetz.

“Homeschooling can be difficult and I want to know that my government has my back when it comes to providing an excellent education for my children. I believe that Ron Paul sees the value of homeschooling – and having a President who sees the value of this hard-fought educational option would be an asset to our country,” added Mrs. Banowetz.

Laurie and Thomas Hammer of Algona are parents of two and have taught at home for six years. They expressed their reasons for supporting Dr. Paul, stating, “Our family values our privilege to homeschool and we want to protect that God-given right and many other rights for generations to come. There is only one candidate who will fight for real liberty and freedom and that is Dr. Ron Paul. Our country needs someone who not only has read the Constitution, but will abide by and fight for what our founding fathers intended.”

The Ron Paul team asked Kevin Waycaster, a 14-year homeschool father of Waukee why he decided to support Dr. Paul this election, and he responded succinctly:

“A true leader is someone who is willing to take a nation and its people to where they should be. Ron Paul is that leader. As health care has become a major issue, who is better qualified to deal with the matter, a doctor or a bureaucrat?”

As a first basic step, those interested in joining the growing ranks of the “Homeschoolers for Ron Paul” nationwide coalition should visit the official page by clicking here. If residing in the Hawkeye State families may inquire with Meghann Walker, Director of Iowa Voter Outreach for the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign, atmeghannw@ronpaul2012.com.

For more information on Ron Paul’s stance on education freedom, click here.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/12/2...8217;-members/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Find us on Facebook

Ron Paul <--- Link

667,809 people like Ron Paul.

Ron Paul Winning Google Trends

December 29, 2011
    Lorie Kramer

Have you seen all the ruckus the so-called lame stream media is kicking up about that goofy old Ron Paul and all his silly old fashioned ideas like Liberty and Freedom? Can you believe they are getting their panties all in a wad, dragging out twenty year old disinfo for a re-run and everything? Even that bastion (cough) of journalism (gag) CNN went so far as to cut up their interview with that dim witted reporter (cough) and Paul...making it look liked he stormed off. AND they thought they could get away with it! Like we need to watch "Wag the Dog" yet again!

"They" are suddenly dropping turds all over the guy they tried to ignore and dismiss. Not that I think there's any chance in hell of a true, accurate, and honest presidential election anymore...but watching the show gets pretty interesting at times.

I thought I'd take a look and see how the search wars were doing with all this hulabaloo going on. It was just as I thought...Ron Paul is winning the search wars. Just like he did 4 years ago. Those that try to marginalize Ron Paul will not be as successful as they think they will. They are scared to death of him, which means they are scared to death of YOU!
    Let's take a look at the Google Trends charts I pulled up as a reminder that maybe, just maybe, it shows that Freedom and Liberty are not such old fashioned concepts for many of us after all. Wouldn't THAT scare the crap out of them? You bet it would. Especially if we acted like we believed it! Demanded it! You can bet that thought is driving them CRAZY!

http://seektress.com/rptrend.htm

Ron Paul Supporters, Including Veterans, are “Indecent” according to Newt Gingrich

Posted on December 27, 2011by CVRP2012
    by Nick Allison, U.S. Army Veteran

As the corporate media ramps up its frenzied, panicked campaign against Ron Paul and his supporters, long-shot Presidential candidate and life-long blowhard Newt Gingrich has decided to open his mouth and firmly insert his foot by insulting many of America’s military veterans. Probably a bad move. Just ask Dick Morris. The veterans and active-duty military personnel who support Ron Paul are not the people you want to insult.

Just last week Dick Morris made an ass of himself by claiming that “no true patriot could support Ron Paul.” The comment infuriated veterans across the country who support Dr. Paul and didn’t appreciate being labeled unpatriotic by a chicken-hawk draft-dodger such as Dick. A letter writing campaign was launched by cvrp2012.com and the results were brutal. While CVRP forwarded the letters from veterans to Morris’ inbox we have yet to receive a response or an apology from Mr. Morris.

Now, another chicken-hawk has volunteered himself as a target, so to speak. On CNN’s “The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer,” Mr. Gingrich had this to say: “I think Ron Paul’s views are totally outside the mainstream of virtually every decent American.”

Here we go again.

Mr. Gingrich, have you lost your damn mind? Ron Paul has more support among members of the military than any other candidate. In fact, he has more military support than all the other Republican candidates combined. By far.

You have just indirectly attacked many of the people who serve, and have served, this country with your idiotic remarks. You claim that we are indecent because we support Ron Paul, a fellow veteran, and the only candidate running for President who actually supports and defends the Constitution. The only candidate who actually has a strong conservative record of protecting civil liberties. The only candidate who wishes to use our military for its intended purpose- the defense of our nation- rather than flying us around the world defending corporate interests.

You should be ashamed of yourself, Newt.

Do you know what I find to be indecent? I’ll be happy to share:

• A cowardly chicken-hawk, such as yourself, who never served in the military and avoided being drafted during the Vietnam Conflict, yet seems almost giddy with the prospect of sending my brothers to die in an unnecessary war with Iran and God knows who else.

• A serial adulterer, such as yourself, who now stands conceitedly at a podium and touts family values and loyalty.

• A lobbyist, such as yourself, who made vast sums of money from drug companies and government sponsored enterprises such as Freddie and Fannie and then went on national television and blatantly lied about it to the American people.

The list goes on, but unlike you, Newt, I have a real job to get back to.

In closing I would like to say that we, the growing number of war veterans and active-duty military personnel, as well as the millions of civilians who support Ron Paul for president don’t appreciate being labeled indecent by the Champion of Indecency himself.

While Newt is certainly entitled to his opinion, I’m not quite sure how attacking a large segment of the military is supposed to help his campaign. All publicity is good publicity? Perhaps. I’m sure he will get plenty of it.

On a personal note, I don’t really give a damn about being labeled indecent, unpatriotic or anything else for that matter. Perhaps I am indecent. My tendency to pepper my speech with expletives (like most Infantrymen) may be considered indecent by many.

I just don’t appreciate it when the labeling is done by a hypocrite and a coward such as Newt Gingrich. This warmongering politician has painted a large part of the military with his broad brush of stupidity and ignorance.

Stand by for the barrage of written statements by veterans that is sure to follow. You made this bed, Newt. And now you must sleep in it.

That is all, Sir. You may now go back to doing what you do best: looking smug, spewing pseudo-intellectual bullshit and attempting in vain to defend your horrible voting record and your reluctance to serve in your own dirty little war.

Disclaimer: As always, CVRP doesn’t claim to speak for all veterans. But we do speak for a large and ever-growing number of vets and active-duty troops who are tired of the lies and business-as-usual politics of the Washington élite.

Nick Allison served as a squad leader with 1-21 IN, 25th ID, US Army from 2001-2005, including a 14 month combat tour in Northern Iraq. He lives in Austin, TX with his wife, son and two dogs.

♠CVRP

http://cvrp2012.com/2011/12/27/ron-p...newt-gingrich/

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 12-29-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Rep. Paul says defense bill assures ‘descent into totalitarianism’

By Jonathan Easley -
    12/26/11 09:25 AM ET
    Comments (456)

GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul warned that the National Defense Authorization Act, which was passed by Congress this month, will accelerate the country’s “slip into tyranny” and virtually assures “our descent into totalitarianism.”

“The founders wanted to set a high bar for the government to overcome in order to deprive an individual of life or liberty,” Paul, the libertarian congressman from Texas, said Monday in a weekly phone message to supporters. “To lower that bar is to endanger everyone. When the bar is low enough to include political enemies, our descent into totalitarianism is virtually assured. The Patriot Act, as bad as its violations against the Fourth Amendment was, was just one step down the slippery slope. The recently passed National Defense Authorization Act continues that slip into tyranny, and in fact, accelerates it significantly.”

The NDAA is the nearly $670 billion defense spending bill that covers the military budget and funding for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.One controversial provision mandates the detention of terror suspects and reaffirms the administration’s authority to detain those suspected of having ties to terrorist organizations.

“The Fifth Amendment is about much more than the right to remain silent in the face of government questioning,” Paul continued. “It contains very basic and very critical stipulations about the due process of law. The government cannot imprison a person for no reason and with no evidence presented and without access to legal council. The danger of the NDAA is its alarmingly vague, undefined criteria for who can be indefinitely detained by the U.S. government without trial.”

“It is no longer limited to members of Al Qaeda or the Taliban, but anyone accused of substantially supporting such groups or associated forces,” Paul continued. “How closely associated, and what constitutes substantial support? What if it was discovered that someone who committed a terrorist act was once involved with a charity? Or suppose a political candidate? Are all donors of that candidate or supporters of that candidate now suspects and subject to indefinite detainment? Is that charity now an associated force?”
    The White House initially threatened to veto NDAA because of the detainee language, saying it would tie the hands of law enforcement officials. But the administration dropped the veto threat before the bill passed the House, as the bill’s supporters argued that there were sufficient waivers.

“The president’s widely expanded view of his own authority to detain Americans indefinitely even on American soil is for the first time in this legislation codified in law,” Paul said. “That should chill all of us to our cores.”

“The Bill of Rights has no exceptions for really bad people or terrorists or even non-citizens. It is a key check on government power against any person. That is not a weakness in our legal system, it is the very strength of our legal system. The NDAA attempts to justify abridging the Bill of Rights on the theory that rights are suspended in a time of war, and the entire United States is a battlefield in the war on terror.

This is a very dangerous development, indeed. Beware.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...otalitarianism
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 12-29-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Ron Paul's Lonely Breakfast of Champions

By Beth Reinhard
    December 29, 2011 | 8:59 AM

DES MOINES -- So I am eating the free breakfast buffet at the downtown Embassy Suites and who should stroll in but Ron Paul. By himself.

This may not seem strange to the average voter, but anyone who writes about politics or makes their living off it knows that a presidential candidate -- especially one who could win the nation's first nominating contest in five days -- never ever goes anywhere without an entourage of some sort. One of the main reasons for the entourage is to keep pesky reporters away and fetch things so that said candidate can eat breakfast before another long day on the campaign trail.

But Paul doesn't need a sidekick to fill his plate at the breakfast buffet, fetch his coffee, whisper talking points into his ear, or get rid of pesky reporters -- he does that all himself, thank you very much. Asked if he's concerned that if he doesn't win his followers will not rally behind the GOP nominee, he looks up from his plate of cantaloupe, honeydew, eggs, sausage and biscuit and says brusquely, "Right now, the only thing that bothers me is people who don't respect my privacy enough to leave me alone for five minutes when I'm eating breakfast." And then he goes back to reading his USA Today.

Charming. (By the way, if this were to happen to Romney, which it wouldn't, a SWAT team would immediately surround the reporter to oversee damage control.)

Paul, wearing a white shirt and jeans, insists he doesn't have time for even one question because he needs to shave before a morning television appearance. A few minutes later, he tries to get the waitress's attention and fails. Oh bother, he shrugs. And that's exactly why the people who love the Texas congressman/tea party icon/libertarian standard-bearer love him so intensely. He's just a cranky old man who wants to eat his eggs in peace before he sets out to save the world.

http://decoded.nationaljournal.com/2...eakfast-of.php