Page 391 of 740 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 7 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Massachusetts GOP Establishment Planning On Decertifying Newly Elected Ron Paul Delegates

Submitted by RustyTX on Sat, 05/05/2012 - 15:42
    Delegates

Redmassgroup.com has confirmed that the Romney Campaign will be invoking Rule 5.2 of the MassGOP "Plan for the Selection of Delegates" to the 2012 Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida by choosing to "not certify" delegates elected at last Saturdays caucuses under the "Ronald Reagan Unity Liberty Slate" banner.
    Emails have been sent to Romney Slate Delegates, many of whom finished in 4th, 5th, and 6th place for one of three delegate slots, informing them that the Romney Campaign would challenge Liberty Slate Delegates, and to be prepared to serve as Delegates in their stead.

Further, RMG has learned that Allocation Committee member, and veteran State Committeewoman Nancy Luther has resigned her spot on the Allocation Committee...

Massachusetts GOP Establishment Planning On Decertifying Newly Elected Ron Paul Delegates | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul backers dominate Iowa GOP nominees for national convention

Submitted by spacehabitats on Sat, 05/05/2012 - 15:36
    Delegates

Iowa

Here is the Des Moines Register article describing the results of today's nominating committee meeting.

Ron Paul backers dominate Iowa GOP nominees for national convention

According to Mrs. Spacehabitats, this is a fairly accurate account. However it seems to imply that anyone who did not endorse some other candidate is automatically assumed to be a Ron Paul supporter. I know for a fact that this is NOT the case.

Everything happened under the eyes of the Register reporter, happened according to the rules, and seemed to proceed in a fairly amicable manner.

I guess that's what happens when those crazy Paulites "take over".

After the meeting the reporter stuck around and talked to my wife and Monte for quite a while. Mrs. S. pointed out that in years past, the socially conservative Iowa Christian Alliance had been a dominant force in the Iowa GOP with very little controversy or paranoia.

The Iowa caucuses have also routinely been "won" by candidates that did not go on to win the nomination. Delegates from Iowa also routinely would go to the RNC and voted for candidates that did NOT win the caucus straw poll.

But notice that the reporter says that the events of THIS year have reawakened the debate about Iowa's first in the nation status.

The only difference is that THIS year has seen the successes of the first legitimate grassroots political movement to surface in many years.

Apparently that is one thing that the Republican Party establishment can not tolerate.

Ron Paul backers dominate Iowa GOP nominees for national convention | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Demographic Check! Who did you vote for in 2008? 2004?

Submitted by Real_Paulitics on Sat, 05/05/2012 - 16:22
    Ron Paul 2012

Who did you vote for before you became a Ron Paul supporter.

Please dont be ashamed.... We were all lied to!!

I voted for Obama as he promised to bring the troops home, he promised to stop the unconstitutional police state, and because he supported Medical Marijuana patients.

On every one of these issues he did the OPPOSITE!!!

What an insult.. As a first time voter to be blatantly lied to on every issue....

90 % of my friends who voted for Obama last year now support Ron Paul.

Civil liberties are my main issue, with Ending the Unconstitutional Wars, the Federal Reserve, and the War on Drugs not far behind

Who did you vote for and your top 3 issues??

Btw, I want to thank Dr Paul for teaching me how to be a Critical thinker. I struggled with ADHD through High school with grades of C's and D's, but since you have showed me "critical thinking", I have spent 4-5 hours Studying and Educating myself every single day.

I am so grateful I cannot even explain it. I have learned more in the last 6 months of personal study, than I learned throughout my high school education. I have learned how To teach myself new information so I stay interested, and I retain Everything I research! Not only have I become smarter, I have also learned alot about myself and others.

Since becoming disabled 6 months ago at the young age of 22, due to a spinal cord tumor and degenerative disc disease I was able to find support through your message.

I pushed on to continue learning and studying the things that interest me. I do believe that you have helped me become a better person. I now believe I will be a better prospect for any employment (even w/ disability), as I am more confident and eager to learn new things than ever before!!

Thank you so much!!

Demographic Check! Who did you vote for in 2008? 2004? | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

96 idiot, 2000 idiot, 2004 idiot, 2008 idiot...2012 Ron Paul

Ron Paul on Fox Business w/ Neil Cavuto 4/26/12

Ron Paul wants James Grant as his Fed Govenor

Monetary Policy Hearing (3/17/2011) - James Grant

Mar 19, 2011

Opening statement for James Grant at the 3/17/2011 hearing of the Domestic Monetary Policy & Technology Subcommittee, chaired by Ron Paul. Audio boosted.

2nd Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wILV...eature=related

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-05-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Raw Ron Paul speech @ NV Convention - Like a Boss

Submitted by ronpaulpeace on Sat, 05/05/2012 - 17:34
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

+ introduction by Carol Paul.

Hope someone manages a Youtube. For the time being:

RON PAUL SPEECH at Nevada convention., Recorded on my Android phone. NevadaConvention on USTREAM. Politics

We are in it to win it!

Every supporter needs to do his utmost now to spread the message!

After this speech no one in his right mind can think of anyone other then Ron Paul securing the nomination. Lets do it!

Raw Ron Paul speech @ NV Convention - Like a Boss | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Dear XXXXXXX,

Last year, the first-ever Liberty Political Action Conference (LPAC) drew over 700 grassroots activists to Reno, Nevada, for a weekend of educational speeches, networking, and top-notch political training.

I’m proud to announce that C4L is once again hosting LPAC, and this year, it’s coming to the East Coast!

LPAC 2012 will be held at the Westfields Marriott in Chantilly, Virginia, from September 13-15, and it will bring together exciting personalities and leaders in the liberty movement to discuss sound money, foreign policy, civil liberties, and the constitutional hot button issues facing our country today.

It will play host to freedom activists from across the country and will showcase conservative, libertarian, constitutional, and free market organizations, and businesses.

LPAC 2012 will also feature comprehensive grassroots trainings, book signings, receptions, and private briefings.

A ticket to all three days of the main Conference events costs only $120, but you can click here to take advantage of our special Early Bird rate of only $85.

A three day student pass is available for only $40 to those who can present a valid student ID at check-in.

For those who want to be equipped with the tools and practical knowledge it takes to achieve victory for our ideas on the local, state, and national levels, our special Saturday grassroots political training is available for only $50.

Our training will teach you how to turn your passion into action, hold your legislators accountable, grow support for your efforts, and much more.

If you’re interested in exhibiting at LPAC 2012, please click here.

For more information, including details on reserving your room at the Marriott at the special LPAC rate, visit LPAC.com right away.

Be sure to mark the site in your browser, as more details on speakers and Conference events will be added in the coming weeks.

LPAC 2011 was an exciting weekend that provided liberty activists a chance to relax, recharge, learn more about the issues, and train for future victories.

LPAC 2012 promises to be even bigger and better, so I hope to see you there!

In Liberty,

Matt Hawes
    Vice President

P.S. C4L is proud to once again be hosting the Liberty Political Action Conference (LPAC), and this year’s edition is coming to the East Coast.

LPAC 2012 will be held at the Westfields Marriott in Chantilly, Virginia, from September 13-15.

Tickets to all three days of the main Conference events are only $120, but you can click here to take advantage of our $85 Early Bird discount.

For more information on tickets, reserving your room at the special LPAC rate, and exhibiting at the Conference, visit LPAC.com right away.

U.S. Election Results Controlled by Associated Press (AP)

Submitted by We the People on Tue, 03/13/2012 - 20:31

Ron Paul 2012

It's not who counts the votes that matters anymore, it's who reports the votes. Apparently the Associated Press (AP) has a monopoly on U.S. elections:

How NBC Projects Election Winners

The Associated Press delivers statewide vote counts as well as county by county results for general elections. The National Election Pool, a consortium formed by NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, Fox and the AP, provides exit polls, precinct votes in selected sample precincts, and models for the analysis of the election information.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45605603/ns/politics-decision_2012/t/how-nbc-projects-election-winners/

How does CNN make election projections?

The Associated Press: The Associated Press will provide vote totals for each race. The AP will be gathering numbers via stringers based in each county or other jurisdiction where votes are tabulated.

Edison Research: To assist CNN in collecting and evaluating this information, CNN, the other television networks and The Associated Press have employed Edison Research.

How does CNN make election projections? - CNN.com

U.S. Election Results Controlled by Associated Press (AP) | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-05-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Romney to get less than 50% of delegates from the early states

Submitted by GrahamW on Sat, 05/05/2012 - 18:32
    Delegates

I've been gathering data and reports to keep track of how many delegates have actually been chosen so far, and who they support. And to try to come up with a more reliable estimate of how many delegates Ron Paul is likely to win in states that have not chosen their National delegates yet.

It is all here at the Mises Wiki: Republican Party presidential primaries, 2012 - MisesWiki

So the big question: how is Ron Paul doing?

Here is my analysis of the first 13 states. Between them, these 13 states send 426 delegates to RNC.

--- Three states (CO,MN,WY) (105 delegates) have finished assigning delegates. Vote count: Paul 50, Romney 39, Other 16.

--- One state (NH) has finished assigning delegates, but it has assigned 20 when it only has an allocation of 12. Delegate count: Paul 5, Romney 12, Other 3. (This may be factored down to Paul 3, Romney 7, Other 2)

--- One state (MO) (52 delegates) has assigned some delegates. Vote count: Paul 4, Romney 12, Other 11. The remaining 25 are assigned on 2 June.

--- Four states (IO,NV,ME,WA) (123 delegates) have yet to assign any delegates (all do in May or early June), but RP is expected to do well. RP is expected to take all 24 delegates from ME, a majority of delegates in IO (14+), NV (14+) and WA (22+).

--- Three states (SC, AZ, MI) (84 delegates) have yet to assign any delegates.

--- One state (FL) (50 delegates) is involved in a dispute involving how to assign it’s delegates: winner-take-all or proportional.

From the five states (169 delegates) where delegates have been assigned, we have: Paul 57 (40%), Romney 58 (40%), Other 29 (20%), plus 25 more to be assigned in MO. If these 25 are assigned in the same proportion as the first 27 in that state, we have an additional Paul 4, Romney 11, Other 10.

If the projections of a clean-sweep in ME and Paul majorities in IO, NV and WA are accurate, Paul can expect at least another 74, leaving Romney with no more than 49, from those four states. Assume the worst-case that all these 49 go to Romney. Adding these estimates to the totals, we get from these nine states (292 delegates): Paul 135 (46%), Romney 118 (40%), Other 39 (13%).

Assume that FL ends up using winner-takes-all and all 50 go to Romney. The mainstream media are projecting zero delegates for Paul in SC, AZ or MI. They project 94 for Romney, and 40 for Other. Taking these worst-case scenarios for these four states, we have Paul 135 (32%), Romney 212 (50%), Other 79 (19%).

The delegates in the Other category were mostly candidates bound to Santorum or Gingrich, and many of these are now free to vote for whoever they wish.

The Ron Paul delegate strategy appears to be working. It looks like Romney might win less than 50% of the delegates from the 13 early states.

Romney to get less than 50% of delegates from the early states | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

GOP Establishment & Romney Campaign Do Not Have Delegate Numbers In Various States-Resort To Cheating

Submitted by Trumpet Royale on Sat, 05/05/2012 - 18:51
    Ron Paul 2012

Those in conventions today...Stay alert, film everything, and most of all...dont let them cheat! So much is at stake.

GOP Establishment & Romney Campaign Do Not Have Delegate Numbers In Various States-Resort To Cheating | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012