Page 613 of 740 FirstFirst ... 113513563603609610611612613614615616617623663713 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Richard Gilbert takes on Romney's 8.5 Billion dollar Ponzi scheme

Submitted by krobson17 on Sat, 08/04/2012 - 14:28
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum
    Quicklink

Title says it all. Please don't shoot the messenger, just sharing with everyone.

Attorney Richard Gilbert Takes on Mitt Romney's 8.5 Billion Dollar Ponzi Scheme on Vimeo

Richard Gilbert takes on Romney's 8.5 Billion dollar Ponzi scheme | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Audit the Fed First Shot in Ron Paul's Revolution

Submitted by P.Au.L on Sat, 08/04/2012 - 15:29
    Ron Paul 2012

by Tom Mullen | Washington Times

TAMPA, August 3, 2012 – “When I was your age, I went to the movies for a dime and bought a big bag of popcorn and a soda for a nickel.”

My father said that to me a hundred times when I used to pay $2.75 to go to the movies and another $1.25 for the popcorn and soda. For five generations, Americans have understood steadily rising prices as an immutable law of nature. Yet history shows that this just isn’t true.

The Federal Reserve of Minnesota publishes historical inflation figures on its website going back to 1800. The attached chart from that website shows annual inflation rates from 1800 through 2008. I added the last column to calculate the price movements of a basket of goods that cost $100 in 1800.

Continue reading at the Washington Times

Audit the Fed First Shot in Ron Paul's Revolution | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul RE-evolution. (Give Us Back Our Constitution)

AMERICA 'S CHOICE: Liberty or Death

Truth told to Congress about Competing Currencies

The Daily Sheeple
    www.TheDailySheeple.com
    August 4th, 2012

Rob Gray of The American Open Currency Standard testifies before the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy regarding the theory of competing currencies.

In the US, legal tender laws ONLY apply to debt obligations. To clarify, if you are in debt, as in you just ate your meal, in the US you must be able to satisfy that debt in federal reserve notes. Period. Legal tender laws protect you from a merchant getting creative on you and making it difficult or impossible to pay your bill. Good idea, right?
    Well, it doesn’t stop there. Legal tender laws are so un-important that most/all states have plenty of exceptions to the rule. For example, a gas station can refuse any bills larger than $20. A soda machine can only accept coins. A bus driver can only accept tokens. A business owner, who has an unlimited right to private contract, can negotiate a deal in gold, silver, copper, direct barter, or any other way they like. And if that’s not enough, states will recognize this contract even in the event of a default. For example, you negotiate a contract in ounces of silver, default on the deal and lose in court: the court will still enforce the original agreement!
    …..
    Not only do they not care, but they’re almost completely clueless – the committee members asked questions about consumer protection, consumer confidence and how the poor people would deal with community currencies. I’ll address these issues one by one here:

• Consumer protection – this comes down to one thing: personal responsibility. “Alternatives” are not for everyone. Some people will never buck the system, or even try anything outside the box. The ones that will must be educated on the risks associated with operating outside the jurisdiction of government. That’s the way it goes with voluntary systems. Congressman Luetkemeyer brought up the FDIC, and how it guarantees deposits. Sure, the FDIC guarantees the deposit, but it can’t guarantee the deposit’s purchasing power. Take this example: the FDIC was crafted in 1933, when gold was about $20 per ounce. If you put that $20 in the bank, today it would be worth $20, even if the bank went belly-up tomorrow. Wanna guess how much gold you can get today for $20? Not a lot. Is that consumer protection?

• Consumer confidence – people are pulling money out of the banks at an alarming rate. People don’t have confidence in the system because they are beginning to realize the currency is built on a foundation of debt, and that it all must be repaid. Gold & Silver, on the other hand, are debt-free, never need to be repaid, can’t be fractionally loaned, and buys more today (in most cases) than it did through history. Which system inspires more confidence? An honest one, or one that’s run behind closed doors?

• The poor people – Do you know where the poorest area of the country is right now? It’s not Detroit, Cleveland, Kansas City or some other dried-up industrial center. It’s the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, which boasts a whopping 95% unemployment rate, 22% male suicide rate, 42-year average male lifespan, and a 75% illiteracy rate. And they decided to start their own community currency because they flat broke, not because they’re flooded with capital. It’s predominantly poor people that launch community currencies because they believe taking control of the issuance of their money will help them create economic opportunities, like producing, trading, and exporting goods and services in exchange for more capital.

Source
    __________________________________________________ ______

Rob Gray is the Executive Director of the American Open Currency Standard and a reputable expert on complementary currency and barter systems.Delivered by The Daily Sheeple

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/truth...rencies_082012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 08-04-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Romney Calls for Year's Delay on Spending Cuts

Friday, 03 Aug 2012 04:13 PM

Romney Calls for Year's Delay on Spending Cuts

Meet Mr. Irrelevant

Doesnt Have a Clue on Monetary Policy

Gold Priced For Collapse

Silver Bear Cafe
    www.silverbearcafe.com
    August 4th, 2012

by Peter Schiff
    Where is the gold price today? If you’re like many Americans, you have no idea whether it went up, down, or sideways. Fortunately, I know my readers to be more informed – you likely know that after falling from almost $1900, gold has been trapped around $1600 since early May. But you may still be curious why despite continued money-printing and abysmal US economic reports, gold hasn’t been able to hit new highs.
    Here’s the truth: gold is currently priced for collapse. Many investors believe the yellow metal has topped out and are selling into every rally.
    Nerves of Tin

Being a gold investor is tough business. The last thing any government or corrupt big bank wants is to have a bunch of people putting their savings into hard assets – and gold is one of the hardest of all. So we’re constantly up against tides of propaganda saying that gold has no value or is the refuge of doomsayers.

The effect of this is that even heavy gold investors are always waiting for the other shoe to drop. When house prices were rising, no one was worried that the market had peaked or prices were unsustainable. No one was asking whether all the thin-walled McMansions going up would actually be worth anything in a generation. But for gold, Wall Street has been shorting it all the way up!

Nowhere is this pessimism more evident that in gold mining stocks. Rising inflation has driven production costs higher, but the mistaken belief that inflation is contained and Treasuries are a safer haven is keeping a lid on gold prices. As such, many of the major producers have missed their earnings projections, and their share prices have been punished. This has placed a cloud over the entire sector. In fact, the P/E ratios of major gold miners are near record lows. Stock prices reflect future earning expectations, and judging by the low P/Es, Wall Street expects future earnings to plummet. This likely reflects their bearish outlook for gold, which is generally viewed as a bubble about to pop.
    Chronic Memory Loss

Unfortunately, there is no public validation for those who have proved the gold doubters wrong. A couple of years ago, I predicted gold would cross $1500 and even my own staff thought the call was too risky, too extreme. But I knew then, as I know now, that at the end of the day the gold price is not a mystery – it’s a proxy for dollar weakness.

Since most investors do not truly understand gold’s economic role, they assume the 10-year bull market must be a mania. But manias show parabolic growth detached from any fundamental driver. The definition of a mania is the bidding up of an asset quickly and beyond all long-term justification.

Gold, however, has grown steadily in inverse correlation with real interest rates, as explained by Jeff Clark and Mark Motive in past issues of this newsletter. As a reminder, here’s a chart detailing the correlation:

The Opportunity of the Decade

After spending the previous fall and winter testing new nominal highs above $1800, future investors may come to view spring and summer 2012 as the opportunity of the decade. Gold has shown its strength and retreated. While most investors will take that as a signal that the market has topped, some will take advantage of the general trepidation to add to their positions at hundreds of dollars off the highs.

While I think gold is a bargain at $1900 considering today’s circumstances, the market phobia of a price collapse is allowing us to buy at well under established highs. It’s as if you already wanted to go swimming, but you found out when you got there that the pool was heated.
    What Happens Next

I’ve seen markets like this before, and by making some reasonable inferences, I have a good picture of how this could play out. Gold will continue testing the $1600 barrier until it surprises to the upside. This could be spurred by the announcement of QE III, a calming of fears in Europe, or any shock to the Treasury market. Treasuries have temporarily overtaken gold as the primary safe-haven asset. Once that dynamic is broken, I believe the counterflow into gold will be tremendous.

Right now, there is a haze over investors. Frightful news from Europe and a slowdown in Asia have shaken confidence in any asset that doesn’t have the steady track record of US debt. But as I often remind my clients, past performance doesn’t guarantee future results. Any news that wakes investors up to the coming collapse of the Treasury market will likely trigger a rush into the one asset with a track record as long as civilization itself.
    Prepare For Collapse

The key to this market is to understand that a price collapse is coming – but not for gold. Instead, the market for US dollars and dollar-denominated debt is headed off a cliff, which will send the price of precious metals soaring.

Now is a time for uncommon confidence. Everyone knows Treasuries to be safe, just as they knew house prices would always rise. Then as now, gold’s value and utility are doubted. But my readers know better.

Peter Schiff is CEO of Euro Pacific Precious Metals. Having spent years encouraging his brokerage clients to buy physical gold, he grew concerned about the growing number of unscrupulous dealers that tried to “up-sell” customers to rare or collectible coins with high markups.Peter Schiff’s gold coin buying philosophy is to buy for the coin’s metal value, not its claimed “numismatic” value. He decided to open his own firm to sell investment-grade bullion products at competitive prices. Euro Pacific only sells reputable, well-known coins that trade on the open market, such as American Gold Eagles, Canadian Maple Leafs, and Australian Kangaroos. To find out more, please visit www.europacmetals.com or call us at (88 GOLD-160
    Delivered by The Daily Sheeple

Gold Priced For Collapse

Better than Walk Out, Turn Our Backs if Paul Not Given Chance to be Nominated

Submitted by James_Madison_Lives on Sat, 08/04/2012 - 19:51
    Ron Paul 2012

Grabbing this jump ball from another post asking "Why not walk out" if Paul denied chance to be nominated, I think a better idea. Please debate.

Why not turn our backs and cross our arms, with a sign on our backs with the pertinent rule, "Rule (whatever - whichever rule best describes Paul's right to be nominated?)

The media will not be able to help but show the turned backs if they want any pan shots of the floor at all, which forces the talkingheads to comment. Now it's a buzz and local news camera crews from across the country (not as tightly controlled as national) are looking for RP delegates to buttonhole and ask what it's all about.

I was almost with the idea of walking out, but was persuaded by commenters that RNC would indeed like nothing better. Problem solved.

Lock the doors.

By using the right we have earned to be on that floor creatively, we become the news.

We must present them with something which throws them off balance. Maybe others will join. The cameras can't miss it, and as this video shows, something about a turned back makes tyrants see red. If they start dragging us out the onus is on them, exposing the ugly police state the GOP has become.

This is a shot of well-known anti-war activist and ex-CIA analyst Ray McGovern silently turning his back on Hillary Clinton at a speech:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...p728p/350x.jpg

And video of the goons who dragged him out which then went viral (MSNBC, Russia Today, PressTV):

Hillary Clinton interrupted by protester 15.02.2011 - YouTube

Better than Walk Out, Turn Our Backs if Paul Not Given Chance to be Nominated | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

The Media will not report it TAKE PHOTO'S / VIDEO'S

Abbott and Costello explain the US Government's Accounting System.

Submitted by RpLiberty75 on Sat, 08/04/2012 - 20:05
    Current Events

Abbott and Costello explain the US Government's Accounting System.

COSTELLO: I want to talk about the unemployment rate in America.

ABBOTT: Good Subject. Terrible Times. It's 9%.

COSTELLO: That many people are out of work?

ABBOTT: No, that's 16%.

COSTELLO: You just said 9%.

ABBOTT: 9% Unemployed.

COSTELLO: Right 9% out of work.

ABBOTT: No, that's 16%.

COSTELLO: Okay, so it's 16% unemployed.

ABBOTT: No, that's 9%...

COSTELLO: WAIT A MINUTE. Is it 9% or 16%?

ABBOTT: 9% are unemployed. 16% are out of work.

COSTELLO: IF you are out of work you are unemployed.

ABBOTT: No, you can't count the "Out of Work" as the unemployed. You have to look for work to be unemployed.

COSTELLO: BUT THEY ARE OUT OF WORK!!!

ABBOTT: No, you miss my point.

COSTELLO: What point?

ABBOTT: Someone who doesn't look for work, can't be counted with those who look for work. It wouldn't be fair.

COSTELLO: To whom?

ABBOTT: The unemployed.

COSTELLO: But they are ALL out of work.

ABBOTT: No, the unemployed are actively looking for work. Those who are out of work stopped looking. They gave up. And, if you give up, you are no longer in the ranks of the unemployed.

COSTELLO: So if you're off the unemployment roles, that would count as less unemployment?

ABBOTT: Unemployment would go down. Absolutely!

COSTELLO: The unemployment just goes down because you don't look for work?

ABBOTT: Absolutely it goes down. That's how you get to 9%.
    Otherwise it would be 16%. You don't want to read about 16% unemployment, do ya?

COSTELLO: That would be frightening..

ABBOTT: Absolutely.

COSTELLO: Wait, I got a question for you. That means there are two ways to bring down the unemployment number?

ABBOTT: Two ways is correct.

COSTELLO: Unemployment can go down if someone gets a job?

ABBOTT: Correct.

COSTELLO: And unemployment can also go down if you stop looking for a job?

ABBOTT: Bingo.

COSTELLO: So there are two ways to bring unemployment down, and the easier of the two is to just stop looking for work.

ABBOTT: Now you're thinking like an economist.

COSTELLO: I don't even know what the hell I just said!

ABBOTT: Now you're thinking like a politician.

Abbott and Costello explain the US Government's Accounting System. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Front Page This! There Is No Defeat!

Submitted by stm on Sat, 08/04/2012 - 20:49
    Videos

What the heck has happened to the Daily Paul? A site divided against itself cannot survive. Interlopers plague and harass those of us still loyal to the cause. Weak-minded shills plague the faithful with doubt and defeatism, offering us yet another lesser evil to consider. They bait and coerce, curse us for our unwavering allegiance to the only Statesman this country has produced since its founding.

We are Ron Paul supporters, Ron Paul delegates, Ron Paul Republicans and Ron Paul Libertarians and our resolve is firmly planted in the cause of real Liberty!

There are a mere 21 days left until Ron Paul speaks in Tampa and the Republican convention begins. We must remain steadfast. We must not succumb to doubt. We must not avert our eyes but keep them focussed on our target and be totally committed to winning. Our birthright is at stake!
    This video should be embedded, front paged, and stickied on top for the reamining 3 weeks when we WILL have our say in Tampa! Give me Liberty...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbOG...eature=related

PRESIDENT PAUL! PRESIDENT PAUL! PRESIDENT PAUL!
    (edited - pasted wrong youtube - SORRY!!!)

Front Page This! There Is No Defeat! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution