Page 686 of 740 FirstFirst ... 186586636676682683684685686687688689690696736 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,860 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    The Boot on the Neck of the Liberty Movement

Submitted by zeekmort on Sun, 09/02/2012 - 07:08
    Ron Paul 2012
    DP Original

As has been said elsewhere here, "the s--- still keeps getting deeper."
    It's getting rather clear to me, and probably to all of you, that the Enemies of Liberty are showing themselves. The Speaker of the House, if anyone had any doubts about him, would be now included in such. "The Ayes have it" - yeah, right! Please grow a backbone, good sir, and do what you know to be right.
    We are doing it. We are stripping away the facade, piece by piece.
    Again, it's that darned Ghandi quote. Remember when we were mostly ignored? Then remember when we were mostly ridiculed?
    I would also include under the "ridicule" stage those covert, malicious behind-the-scenes actions which are designed to wreck us. Coordinated press smears, infiltration, trolling. Things which are not in the open, and are hard to trace. It makes for a tough slog and I'm frankly amazed that RP has lasted all these years while being subjected to the full force of it.
    But now, something has fundamentally changed. Now, we are being overtly, openly, obviously, brazenly, obsessively, and relentlessly attacked. The hard work of the Friends of Liberty in the various states that earned their delegates for RP were too numerous to ignore, and too persistent to shut out. So the "ten fat men in a room" - a great catch phrase courtesy of Doug Wead - probably felt the pressure to do something more overt to shut us all down.
    If you have been feeling the collective boot of the Powers-that-be on the collective neck of the Liberty Movement, rejoice that you can see the boot! For that which we can perceive, we can know. The Enemy is now much more obvious and will become more so, even if they may become more threatening.
    Further, by being so bold in their attack on us while we attempted to follow THEIR rules, the Ten Fat Men in a Room are opening up their future for their own self-destruction. For deep down, these small, evil men known that they are doing wrong, that they are harming those of good will, and that the hurt they cause may lead to the ultimate destruction of their own freedom, and this beautiful country. They, in the long run, do not sleep well.
    We are the victors, we ARE the Big Tent! Their days in power are numbered so long as we persist and stay true to our principles. And if we push through this phase of full-on attack, we will win.
    For liberty ~ thank you for all you do and for not giving up.

The Boot on the Neck of the Liberty Movement | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The RNC , Romney, Ginsberg And Sununu & Boehner are the ones to blame for an Obama win.

Submitted by Steven of Virginia on Sun, 09/02/2012 - 20:40
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Virginia

I Will Not Accept Any Blame, Shame or Guilt For An Obama Win If I Choose To Write In Ron Paul's name should that become necessary. It's like saying to me why didn't you vote for the man who "sounds more believable" when he takes his oath to the Constitution. I cannot vote for any man who "says" he will uphold the Constitution, but is unwilling to publically declare that he will not send our troops into war without a declaration from Congress. This is a disgrace , a sham and a farce that we and the media are so willing to put up with this nonsense, pretending we are "defending the Constitution", when in fact, our "leaders" despise the limitations that upholding it would place on them. The Constitution is the only rightful covenant/ contract that We The People have with OUR government. It was written to place limits on the Federal Power. A people who will neglect a constitution defining the boundaries of their government are a people who welcome a government without boundaries, foreign or domestic. We should ask our candidates for office to be clear and specific in their affection for the "amendable document" our founders framed and ratified on our behalf. It is ammendable by a specific process, not living and flexible to the interpretation deemed suitable to the administration of the day.

No I will not accept Blame, guilt or shame for not voting for the choice between two frauds. I will vote with a clear concious for a man worthy of the office, whatever the cost, I will rest knowing I have done the best I could do! I'm 51 years old and I will not be a voting prostitute for Constitution rejecting harlots anymore.

P.S> If the misfortune of Obama or Romney winning this election occurs, you and I, who have supported the good Doctor will probably have aquaintances come to us within 12 months and say something like " I wish I had given Ron Paul and the issues more serious and deliberate consideration". To which we will only be able to reply with a teer in our eye, "I wish you had too."

The RNC , Romney, Ginsberg And Sununu & Boehner are the ones to blame for an Obama win. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Nor will I .... The GOP was warned about this the last election cycle; No More RINO's, NO More John McCain Wannabe's ... and here we go again
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Delegate Texas-Romney Rule Change Backlash at RNC

Submitted by GBAmerica on Sun, 09/02/2012 - 21:52
    Videos

Romney Rule Change Backlash at RNC

Delegate Texas-Romney Rule Change Backlash at RNC | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Gingrich Confronted By a Delegate: "There's No Way in Hell 90% of Ron Paul Supporters Vote for Mitt Romney"

Submitted by myajace on Sat, 09/01/2012 - 20:27
    Current Events

Gingrich is certainly not the brightest crayon in the box...

Gingrich Confronted By a Delegate: "There's No Way in Hell 90% of Ron Paul Supporters Vote for Mitt Romney" | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Romney is FINISHED-read this link

Submitted by cepivon on Sun, 09/02/2012 - 22:57
    Ron Paul 2012

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-romney-no-timetable...

This link to an article this evening spells it out in clear light. If this doesn't finish Romney off, nothing will, and even though it shows the utter hypocrisy of Obama in that he has never ended the war in Afghanistan & is ready to get into another war with Iran, well, that just doesn't matter to the mindless brainwashed idiots out there.

I mean really, look at the photo. Does that not tell the story and how it will end? If you just read the first line, you'll realize the Democrat ploy:

"President Barack Obama warned young voters on Sunday that Mitt Romney has no plan to end the war in Afghanistan."

Romney is FINISHED-read this link | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Secret Federal Bailout Saved Romney After He Ran Bain Bankrupt

Submitted by GBAmerica on Sun, 09/02/2012 - 22:08
    Current Events

Secret Federal Bailout Saved Romney After He Ran Bain Bankrupt
    While the media has repeatedly touted Mitt Romney’s great success as an Entrepreneur Rolling Stone has learned that the story is more mythology than truth.

Information obtained by Rolling Stone Magazine through a Freedom Of Information Act reveals that Mitt Romney ran the infamous Bain Capital firm into financial insolvency while trying to turn the company around.

The media has touted this turn around as financial wizardry but that saved the depositors from loosing $30 million dollars across the nation.

The truth is Romney secretly got a Federal Bailout that ultimately cost the taxpayers $10 million dollars and at the same time he was taking the bailout he was giving the fat cats in the firm huge bonuses.

Perhaps the most egregious part of the scandal is Mitt Romney forced the government into giving a bailout by threatening to run off with all of the troubled firms cash by distributing every last penny as a bonus to his cronies.

http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2012/08/30/federal-bailout-...

Secret Federal Bailout Saved Romney After He Ran Bain Bankrupt | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

The Liberty Movement, The Republican Party and The Illusion of Unity

Submitted by jschackai on Sun, 09/02/2012 - 23:01
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Ask DP

As I look back at the past four years I am simply amazed at how much our liberty movement has grown. Standing on the torn battlefield of today I am humbled and moved by the courage and bravery of my fellow patriots in the epic "battle of the RNC." Although they ultimately won the day, the Republican Party has disgraced themselves and sacrificed what little integrity and honor they had left in their futile attempt to silence us.

But the momentum is ours, the excitement is ours, and the future is ours.

The question is, where do we go from here? Romney? Obama? Gary Johnson? Write in Ron Paul for 2012? Rand or no Rand in 2016? Republican or Libertarian Party? Or maybe we should start a new party altogether? Or, perhaps, just give up?

We have many options before us, and I've heard the case for each. The problem is that if we all decide for ourselves and we all do something different, then we have been successfully divided and successfully conquered. Therefore, whatever we do, we should decide together and then act together. If nothing else, the Republicans definitely have that part right.

United we stand, divided we fall.

But in addition to asking that we find a way to act in unison in 2012 and beyond, I'm also writing this evening to make the case for forming a new political party for 2016. Regardless of your immediate reaction to this idea, I'd like to ask that you at least consider what I have to say before making up your mind.

Forming a new political party may initially sound like a daunting, redundant, and impossible mountain to climb. Maybe it is. But isn't it also possible that reforming the Republican Party (or Libertarian Party for that matter) will actually be even more difficult? Like it or not, our political adversaries hold the power within their party, and they are willing to resort to childishly immature tactics (like breaking bones and changing the rules after the fact) in order to get their way.

Wouldn't it be easier to hold our own caucuses, our own primaries, and our own conventions, instead of attempting to wrestle power from entrenched fat cats and party insiders?

The most convincing objection to forming a new party that I've heard is the chicken and egg problem of organizational strength and ballot access. But unlike the Libertarian, Constitution, or even the Green party, this is one we've effectively solved by incubating our movement for years within the GOP. We have shown our ability to organize, fund-raise and work together. We have outnumbered establishment Republicans time and again at their own meetings. Yes, ballot access will be a challenge, but if the movement unites behind this cause it will be far from insurmountable, and (I would argue) much easier than winning a GOP nomination (especially considering the new RNC rules).

Have a look at this (http://www.schackai.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/LibertyPa...) first draft logo mock-up I created after reading and responding to this DP post earlier today:

http://www.dailypaul.com/252516/a-new-party-with-new-energy#...

The logo was designed to reflect the basic style of the Republican and Democratic party (elephant/donkey) logos. I thought the phoenix would make a fitting mascot, as we (the liberty movement), like liberty itself, would be rising from the ashes of defeat to compete as equals against the stubborn donkey and the bloated elephant. The phoenix (instead of the eagle) was also the bird used by William Barton in one of the early drafts of the Great Seal of the United States (circa 1782). See: Great Seal of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (search the page for "phoenix") I used one star to reflect the fact that we, as members of this movement and as Americans, are one. The single star is also a tribute to Ron Paul himself, as it mirrors the single star on the Texas state flag.

I just put this together to help me make my case here and to hopefully help get the debate going. I hope you like it. Whatever you think of my ideas, lets just find a way to work together and act in unison on November 6th.

Thanks!

The Liberty Movement, The Republican Party and The Illusion of Unity | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Charlie Cheater Threatened, Has to Move. I am NOT Happy.

Submitted by GingerTaylor on Sun, 09/02/2012 - 21:58
    Delegates

Maine

Back in May I posted videos on the Romney campaign cheating at the Maine Convention.

I identified "Charlie Cheater" and asked him for a public apology.

As one of the Elected Maine Delegates, I attended the GOP convention in Tampa this week, (although the RNC removed me from my position). While I was there, I was told that "Charlie Cheater" was threatened. That someone threw a brick through his window, and that he and his young wife had to move.

I want to be clear, I am really upset about this. Horrified actually. I adamantly disapprove of threatening anyone in any way, especially with such violence. It is so upsetting to me that my reporting has been used in this way.

I work toward the goal that Christ set out for His people to, "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."

I respectfully request that whomever has done this, apologize to Mr. & Mrs. Nejedly, just as I asked Charlie to do. No one should have to live in fear of mortal harm.

Corruption breeds corruption. We cannot become like those that we are fighting.

Charlie Cheater Threatened, Has to Move. I am NOT Happy. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Update on that Ron Paul Third Party Conference Call: Had to get a larger room with a new number - Tonight!

Submitted by laurenorourke on Sun, 09/02/2012 - 20:47
    Politics, General + Law(s)

Update from Israel Anderson quoting Doug Wead

From Evan Alaska: (background)

7 PM Alaska Time - Sunday Teleconference: People for Ron Paul for President

UPDATE: I had to get a larger conference room -- the limit for the original number was 96 people but over 300 have signed up- now I can accomodate up to 1,000 people.

THE NUMBER HAS CHANGED as of mid-day today.
    ____

The call is at 7:00 PM ALASKA TIME Today - Sunday - That is 8 PM Pacific (California) time, and 11 PM Eastern, for those who might be confused.
    _____

I spoke with Dr. Paul yesterday about continuing the fight by running on a third party ticket. I want to share what he said to me and let you know what needs to be done to make this happen. It can happen, but it's going to take some work. If you are willing to support this effort, please share this event and call in:

NOTE the Free Conference Call number and access code has been changed to a new one as of today:

Conference dial-in number: (559) 726-1200
    Participant access code: 811476
    _____
    UPDATE: September 2, 2012, 5:45 pm PST

We will also have at least one live stream over the internet now. Kerry Corn has a show called Face the Facts and will be calling in and broadcasting it live. Face The Facts W/ Host Kerry Corn 09/02 by RadioNsearch | Blog Talk Radio

We may also have Matt Larson of youtube fame and another one of our Ron Paul Delegates also streaming it live. I'll update this as more information becomes available.

From the Last Frontier,
    Evan Cutler

Alaskans for Ron Paul 2012 (Alaskans for Ron Paul 2012)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Alaskans4RonPaul
    Girdwood, AK 99587

_____
    Related: Ron Paul 3rd Party Teleconference!

Update on that Ron Paul Third Party Conference Call: Had to get a larger room with a new number - Tonight! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

for those RMoney supporters that read these articles... you can hope we fall into line following RMoney as the lesser of 2 EVILS if you wish

But for a Majority of us... it is NOT going to happen

Your Best Bet is to go Beg the Independants for the 7 - 9 Million Votes RMoney and the RNC Lost by Cheating all threw out the Convention

What a Frick'n Disaster and the GOP and RNC did it to themselves

Why Should Any of Us Vote For Obama or Romney?

Submitted by cotterdan321 on Sun, 09/02/2012 - 18:39
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Answer: We shouldn't. Even if you think one is better than the other your vote won't make a difference. One vote has never decided a presidential election and it never will. Even if by some miracle that your vote was the deciding factor, the candidate with the most power would just rig the election.

Whoever has the most power behind them is not going to let one vote keep them from the controls. So, no chance, no how, is one vote going to make a difference on deciding who is president. The only thing you will accomplish by voting for either of these tyrants is increasing their vote totals.

The only justification I can see for voting in any election is if you believe in the person you are voting for is a good representative of your beliefs and political philosophy.

Otherwise, I suggest you save yourself time and aggravation from voting for monsters when you could just stay home and read a good book.

Why Should Any of Us Vote For Obama or Romney? | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Like I've been saying... this aint worth the 3 dollars it would take for me to get to the polling both and back

I will NOT lower my standard for POTUS for either of the lesser of 2 EVIL's