Page 683 of 740 FirstFirst ... 183583633673679680681682683684685686687693733 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,830 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Good news from Tampa

Submitted by spacehabitats on Fri, 08/31/2012 - 13:57
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum
    Iowa

One of the nicest things about the RNC was meeting all of the other Ron Paul supporters from all over the country and getting to know the activists from my own state.

When I compare the wrinkled, potbellied, braindead "leaders" of the mainstream GOP to the young, smart leaders of OUR movement I am really encouraged. (And yes, I realize that I am also wrinkled and potbellied. But at least I am not a zombie.)

Its funny sometimes how things work out well even when they have done something bad to you. For example, because the RNC decided to not send a bus for the Iowa delegation the first day (no, I did not say the bus was late, I said they literally did not even dispatch a bus to our hotel), I decided to drive my car to the convention. Because the security perimeter is so huge, it takes almost 30 minutes to walk in.

On the way I ran into some RP Alaska delegates and had a chance to talk about their situation. The next day I ran into them again and met their new state chairman. He was excited to get in touch with our chairman A. J. Spiker to get some pointers. I passed his card on to A.J. the next day at breakfast.

Today on the way home I ran into another delegate from Alaska who was NOT a Ron Paul supporter. He wanted to ask us to support Romney. I told him that I personally would vote for Mitt only because I am the country chair, but that I would NOT be delivering the 50 or 100 (or more) votes that I could through campaigning for him because of the rules he crammed through at the RNC. He stuttered a little and then said that it was the RNC and not Mitt who did that. I laughed and said that since it was Mitt's hand picked hatchet man Sununu who had chaired and rammed the rules through the committee, I was going to continue to hold Romney personally responsible for this travesty. "Why should I work my butt off for a candidate who has told me that he doesn't ever want my kind at the RNC again?" That shut him up.

Maybe he won't be as anxious to cross our friends in Alaska when he gets home.

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Good news from Tampa | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I Have No Process Left, There is Nothing Left for Me But to Prepare.

Submitted by James_Madison_Lives on Fri, 08/31/2012 - 15:28
    Ron Paul 2012

Ron Paul was my last hope for meeting the approaching freight train of economic meltdown and social chaos with some semblance of faith that our system would get us through it. Absent a third party run, all I see now is a bottomless corruption which has shown that might is right, and will get away with whatever it wants.

I have learned that a Ron Paul write-in, my previous plan, might not even be recorded or counted.

No other candidate has a chance of sparking a real surge to the White House as Ron Paul does. Even if he came close, and we all fought hard and well, it might be just enough to derail the train.

There is nothing to do but prepare. I had always preferred to put my energy into a process, but now it looks like there can be no further procrastination in arming myself legally, under my Second Amendment rights, building my food stores, and discussing with my loved ones what we will do if it truly comes crashing down.

I have always toyed with these ideas, but believed that as long as there was some rational avenue to do my small part to avert the disaster, by the process our Founders gave us, this took all of my energy.

Good luck, Johnson supporters. I wish you the best. Maybe you are already prepared, but I have been putting it off. I best get to it.

I Have No Process Left, There is Nothing Left for Me But to Prepare. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Establishment WANTS You to Leave The GOP And Go 3rd Party!

Submitted by Tio Rio on Fri, 08/31/2012 - 13:24
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

The establishment would love it if we all went back to the LP where the rules are REALLY stacked against any success!!!

The LP spends massive resources Just to get on the ballot in all 50 states and has never had a POTUS candidate in a debate against the establishment candidates. Put that up against Ron Paul being in all of the debates he's been in over the past 5 years! Many of us wouldn't know about him if he hadn't been in them, even if they did only give him 90 seconds.... (and That got more news than the LP had all last year!)

40 years and the LP has Never been able to spread the libertarian message as widely as Ron Paul has in 2 runs for president, or had a representative in congress like Ron Paul has been all these years. Ron Paul has shown us the path to success lies within the GOP.

The fight is IN the GOP, and revolutions aren't easy! Going back to the LP would be the easy path, and would also marginalize us and keep us from interacting from those who need to be awakened! The establishment couldn't be happier with the easy choice for us! They don't want us involved with their power levers! I say we do the hard work and fight in Their trenches!

Just being registered Republican is not enough though, I mean it's great to be able to support liberty candidates in the primaries, but that's not how we take this ship over.

To take over we have to get involved in our county and state GOP. If you're not already, google your state GOP - like this if you're in Florida - Find Your Local REC | Republican Party of Florida - and find out when and where your county meetings are held, and then go! It's very easy to become a PCO here in Florida and I'm sure the equivalent in your state is easy to make happen too. When you become a PCO you have voting rights on who your county GOP office holders are, and if you bring enough of your friends to these meetings and they bring enough of their friends, (it doesn't take a lot, it's amazing how few people are involved and how easy this can be) your county will be run by you and your friends when 2014 rolls around, and then we work to make the state leadership ours from there hopefully before 2016, and when we take the state parties, we take the RNC from there. We can do this, it just takes getting involved and going to a meeting once a month or so, sometimes they are even interesting and not punishment! Imagine how much better they will be when we are running the show and setting the agenda and deciding which speakers we want to invite to speak at the monthly meeting!

The Republican Liberty Caucus Republican Liberty Caucus Home is a great way to network with people in your area too and help each other run your local county GOP! I had great fun at the RLC events I've been to and look forward to more!

(This doesn't mean I'm voting for Romney though, I'm voting for Johnson, and staying in the GOP

We can do this! Viva la rvolucion Ron Paul RepubliCANS!

The Establishment WANTS You to Leave The GOP And Go 3rd Party! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Ron Paul Supporters Warm to Gary Johnson, Not Mitt Romney, at RNC Convention

Submitted by dwalters on Fri, 08/31/2012 - 16:12
    Liberty Candidates

From policymic.com -
    Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson's pilgrimage to Tampa to seek more small government, big liberty adherents and additional publicity is paying off, at least with a subset of November voters.

Johnson recently spoke at P.A.U.L. (now signifying People Awakening and Uniting for Liberty) Festival speaking directly to Ron Paul supporters about his vision and quest for the presidency in a bid to lure them to his side.

This came at the same time as torrents of bad news about Ron Paul's vestigial presidential bid rained on both his fan's parade and their festival.

Nevertheless, despite the risky timing, Johnson's honest, kind and respectful demeanor appeared to leave more than a few people wondering why they were angry about his bid in the first place.

As Johnson regularly recounts, in 2008, Ron Paul asked for his support and he "readily gave it," speaking for him at an event in Minnesota. And when asked in the Republican debates that on state he would choose as his VP choice, he quickly stated "Dr Ron Paul."

Nevertheless, Ron Paul fans, and by all accounts, Ron Paul himself, did not appreciate competition for the hearts and minds of liberty voters. While Gary Johnson has been ebullient in his support for Ron Paul and entered the race believing he wasn't going to run, the reception from the Paul campaign has been nothing short of frigid.
    Yet this is to be expected from those Ron Paul fans that are in the top 1-2% of his supporters and function as the apostles of his message. Overall, Johnson's Tampa fishing expedition appears to have gone extremely well and will likely get even larger gains from more numerous, but somewhat less hardcore Ron Paul supporters. A broadcast e-mail from the Johnson campaign states:

"When the media learned that Governor Johnson was in Tampa over the weekend, he didn’t have enough hours in the day to do all the interviews they requested. Why the attention? They had heard about Gov. Johnson’s reception at the P.A.U.L. Fest – and they were talking to Republican delegates who are saying Congressman Paul’s treatment at the convention is causing them to take a close look at Governor Gary Johnson."

The hastily arranged interviews included those with Fox, CNBC, Salon and U.S. News. To add to the fun, Neil Cavuto guest passed former-Republican Johnson into the convention for his interview. While Mitt Romney will no doubt get a temporary "convention bump," it is almost certain that Gary Johnson will also, and it may be quite a bit less temporary.

Full story here - http://www.policymic.com/articles/13793/ron-paul-supporters-...
    Here is Johnson's speech from P.A.U.L Fest:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsDltkzdt1k

Ron Paul Supporters Warm to Gary Johnson, Not Mitt Romney, at RNC Convention | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

The Republican Party is Dead. The US Needs Democracy.

Submitted by rogerfgay on Fri, 08/31/2012 - 08:58
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum
    Idea

I'm an old guy. This isn't the first time I've mentioned that. Being an old guy means that I've seen, tried, and experienced a lot of things; more things that my younger colleagues. When I first heard of the plan to rebuild the Republican Party from the ground up, I sighed a bit. Then I promised myself to write about it after everyone else could review the experience in hindsight.

Congratulations, first of all, for the successes that took place during this election period. Local party officials were ousted and replaced with honest conservatives, worthy opponents of the two-party collusion. The success was powerful enough so that there was even a little bleed through at the Republican National Convention. After being manipulated, Maine's delegation walked out. And then there was this: Minnesota, where we are very proud of our state Republican Party, which runs a fair convention with integrity, casts 33 votes for Ron Paul, 1 vote for Senator Rick Santorum, and 6 votes for Governor Romney.

But those of you who have been paying attention (and I'm guessing that includes many who will read this article) know that most local and state conventions were not held with the same level of integrity as the Minnesota state convention. (related article: Romney Nomination May Be Contested)

Continue reading at original site: The Republican Party is Dead. The US Needs Democracy.

This is the challenge I propose. Give the United States a multi-party system. Free it of the corruption of the two-party system. Consider the success you had during this election and start imagining movement toward constitutional amendments in the states and to the US Constitution.

To help get things rolling, I've created a Google discussion forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...tipartyamerica and am building a project website: https://sites.google.com/site/multipartyamerica/home.

Please not that I created the forum and website just now and will continue to develop them. Feel free to join in.

The Republican Party is Dead. The US Needs Democracy. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Run Ron Run! Here is how I see a Paul-Johnson/Johnson Paul announcement breaking down.

Submitted by James_Madison_Lives on Fri, 08/31/2012 - 14:38
    Ron Paul 2012

After a Paul-Johnson announcement (or Johnson-Paul, it would be understood as a virtual co-presidency) they would start polling at 20%-24% out of the gate, especially since Romney/GOP's treatment of Paul has pissed so many Republicans off. I have been reading moderate conservative websites and anyone who sees the Maine delegation walk-out video is "done" with the GOP. They are sending it to their friends and family and reporting the same reaction.

Then Paul's solid anti-war credentials and love of the Constitution start pulling Obama's youth vote, making it a competitive three-way race.

Those record stadium crowds at UCLA and other campuses were filled with people who, down almost to the last person, voted for Obama last time, if they could vote. Ron Paul has awakened them.

The GOP establishment would crap its pants because they would know it's all over for them, and the base would start calling for the heads of the party leaders for not seeing this coming. Then it would be either Obama or Paul-Johnson.

With Paul talking about NDAA and fascist drones in the sky, Obama would be forced to pull back on these new forms of fascism. Anyway you look at it, Dr. Paul's voice in the race is a win-win for the country.

RUN RON RUN!

Run Ron Run! Here is how I see a Paul-Johnson/Johnson Paul announcement breaking down. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Huge News! Does This Line Up With His Special Announcement On The Jay Leno Show?

Submitted by Ron Paul SWAGGG on Fri, 08/31/2012 - 14:24
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

"On Aug. 31, Congressman and Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul officially washed his hands of the GOP, just as the 2012 Republican convention comes to a close.

Citing the party being no different than the Democrats in fiscal spending and irresponsibility, the Texas Congressman denounced fully that the GOP in its current form was no longer his."

http://revolutionpac.com/articles/ron-paul-washes-his-hands-...

Huge News! Does This Line Up With His Special Announcement On The Jay Leno Show? | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

It's Still Possible - Call Ron Paul And Tell Him That You Would Support A Libertarian Run! Serious Post - Not Hype

Submitted by RonPaulRocks1 on Fri, 08/31/2012 - 15:43
    Ron Paul 2012

So we all know Ron is making a special announcement on Jay Leno on September 4th. I know many of us are hoping it's that Ron is running Indy or third party. Some are hoping he will endorse Johnson.

I just got off the phone with someone very close to Ron and want to tell everyone that a third party run is possible. At this point that is not what the announcement is going to be. It's also not a Johnson or Romney endorsement, so says my well placed source. Again, take it worth a grain of salt, but I trust that this person is close enough to Ron to know.

Up until know I have believed that there was ZERO chance Ron would run third party. However, after my phone call I believe there is a glimmer of hope. It's too late for Ron to get on the ballot as an Indy, however Johnson has said in the past that he would step aside for Ron.

Now for the bad news..Ron does not think the grassroots would fully back him because of all of the Rand and Benton bashing that has taken place, but RON would LOVE to make a last major push for Liberty in the presidential debates.

WE HAVE TO TELL RON BEFORE SEPTEMBER 4th THAT WE WILL SUPPORT HIM AND FUND HIM AND BACK HIM. If he knows that, there is still a chance he could change his mind, and if Gary really will step aside for Ron, Ron may take one final shot as a Libertarian. There is no chance Johnson will be anywhere near 15% and therefore no chance Gary is going to be in any debates. However, if Ron is the LP nominee and Gary as VEEP (as much as I dislike Gary, I could accept that) Gary would be debating Biden.

It's a long shot, but apparently still simmering in the back of Ron's mind. We need to ask Gary to step aside and make sure Ron knows we will be with him all the way! When you to Gary's site it loads an automatic video that is all about RON PAUL. So Ron Paul might as well be the candidate.

To Quote Paul Ryan: LET'S GET IT DONE! Let's get to work guys and gals and make this happen. Make sure you tell your liberty friendly email lists and any other liberty boards you post on as well.

CALL GARY AND ASK HIM TO REITERATE TO RON HE WILL STEP ASIDE IF RON WANTS TO RUN LIBERTARIAN:

Gary Johnson Contact Info: (801) 303-7922
    CALL RON AT BOTH OFFICES AND TELL HIM TO RUN AS THE LIBERTARIAN CANDIDATE. MAKE SURE YOU SAY YOU ARE REPUBLICAN, IF IN FACT YOU ARE, AND TELL HIM WE WILL SUPPORT HIM, DONATE, WORK, AND DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO HELP. HE NEEDS TO BE IN THE DEBATES AND HE IS THE ONLY PERSON THAT WOULD HAVE A SHOT AT BEING INCLUDED.

Again, from what I have been told he may be able to be swayed, Let's sway him! Email and fax too if you have time!

Ron Paul Contact Info:
    Washington DC: (202) 225-2831
    Lake Jackson, Texas: (979) 285-0231
    Victoria, Texas: (361) 576-1231

2012 Presidential Campaign Office: 1-703-563-6620

It's Still Possible - Call Ron Paul And Tell Him That You Would Support A Libertarian Run! Serious Post - Not Hype | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Ben Swann: Did RNC "Scripted" Rules Change Start A Civil War In The Republican Party?

Submitted by AnCapMercenary on Thu, 08/30/2012 - 23:22
    Ron Paul 2012
    Florida

Published on Aug 30, 2012 by BenSwann RealityCheck
    Ben Swann Reality Check takes a look at how the most controversial rule change in party history was not legitimately passed.
    Don't forget to click on Fox19 WXiX's original link, too; let the station know that we ARE watching Ben!

Reality Check: RNC Rule Change Starting A Republican Civil War?

Posted: Aug 30, 2012 6:49 PM Updated: Aug 30, 2012 6:49 PM

By Ben Swann
    (FOX19) - Mitt Romney accepts the Republican nomination tonight. While that should be the highlight of the convention, it is quickly being overshadowed by the shocking steps taken by Republican leadership.

We told you earlier this week about rule changes that would strip Republican grassroots from having a say in the future.

Tonight, evidence that the outcome of the vote on those rules was scripted and Republican Speaker of the House John Boehner may have played right along.

Is a civil war now breaking out in the Republican party?

Tonight, a Reality Check you won't see anywhere else.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Ben Swann: Did RNC "Scripted" Rules Change Start A Civil War In The Republican Party? | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Would you rather have Obama for 4 more years than Romney for 8 potentially?

Submitted by atrickpay on Thu, 08/30/2012 - 16:18
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

I think the ideal situation would be to have Obama in office for his last term, it would create an even bigger reactionary force for liberty in 2016 imo than a lighter socialist like Romney would. A middle of the road socialist/capitalist like Romney for 8 years is way too lengthy and dangerous imo.

And in 2016 a 3rd party victory (Gary Johnson perhaps) would be great.

Would you rather have Obama for 4 more years than Romney for 8 potentially? | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution