Page 697 of 740 FirstFirst ... 197597647687693694695696697698699700701707 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,970 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    NBC Poll: Obama Makes Gains in Ohio, Va., Fla.

and here's ANOTHER Ooooh Poop
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tom Woods clears the air on Jesse Benton

Submitted by eskiegirl on Thu, 09/13/2012 - 11:10
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Tom Woods: Ron Paul campaign chairman Jesse Benton is going to head up the campaign of Mitch McConnell. Gee, now why did those incorrigible naysayers have so many unkind words for him?

People who said Benton was positioning himself all along for bigger things in the GOP were scoffed at. Why, Jesse has a secret plan to get Ron Paul the nomination at the last minute!

Well, now we know the real secret plan.

Ask yourself this: how much money would you have to be paid to work for an enemy of the things you’re supposed to stand for?

Maybe now people will understand why Jesse would fly into a tirade after some of Ron’s most heroic moments, when the rest of us were cheering.

I could go through a lengthy catalogue of problems with Benton.

The grassroots folks already know a lot of them, so there’s probably no need. What’s done is done.

Not that the world revolves around me, but just a word about how I was treated.

More at the link:

My Memories of Jesse Benton | Tom Woods

Tom Woods clears the air on Jesse Benton | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Liberty Groups a Front for the Republican Machine

Submitted by TishaTCasida on Thu, 09/13/2012 - 17:45
    DP Community Member News

DP Original

Thank you Mr. Woods, you inspired me to speak up.
    In an effort to believe that I was the only one experiencing this vortex in the liberty movement – I have kept my mouth shut. But no more – after reading Mr. Woods ‘ article about his experience with Jesse Benton and Campaign for Liberty (C4L), I think it is important to speak out and speak the truth.

Several “liberty-oriented” groups have completely ignored my candidacy for Congress because I refuse to run as part of the Republican machine. I told them I would not run Republican because I know how corrupt the Republican machine is (remember, these are groups that claim to be non-partisan). I think we witnessed how corrupt the Republican machine is with how they have treated delegates in the States and at the convention.

Campaign for Liberty has ignored my request for a survey and to be included in their survey (which I answered some time ago and sent to both the national and Colorado contacts). The Colorado director was an interim, and has changed again – they refuse to post my answers in a timely fashion up on their website so that people who are a part of this organization can see that I am a candidate who supports the Constitution.

Why won’t they post my answers? Because they are supporting the Republican – the Republican even though the Republican does not speak up for Constitutional government. Campaign for Liberty is a front for the Republican machine.

Young Americans for Liberty (YAL) has ignored my request to be connected with other liberty-candidates in their organization. I don’t want their endorsement, I don’t want their money (they have a PAC) – all I have wanted is to be connected with other people (e.g. their membership that would theoretically support a young liberty candidate like myself), and their executive director, among others in the organization, just ignore me. I don’t exist. Stupid little girl, right? All of the people they support are Republican and men. Young Americans for Liberty (YAL) is a front for the Republican machine.

Several other people associated with the “liberty-movement” had urged me to run Republican (my race would have been over awhile ago) and then did not follow through with their commitments to work with me. They are a front for the Republican machine.

Strangely silent – the people you thought were leaders – the people who are Republican, the people who tell you over and over that to “win”, you have to infiltrate the machine. Let me tell you something – you don’t win by fixing a broken system – you build a new one.

My name is Tisha Casida, I am running ‘unaffiliated’ (also called Independent) for U.S. House Colorado District Three, and I am officially on the ballot. I am also the only candidate to sign the Voluntary U.S. House Term Limits Declaration. And my supporters know the difference between an independent voice and the Republican machine – won’t you join us?

If you believe in me and what I am doing – please donate to help us reach more people. EVERY BIT makes a difference – would you consider donating $25, $50, even $100 today?

Casida 2012 | Casida for Congress

Liberty Groups a Front for the Republican Machine | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Would you look at that. The Daily Paul is alive and well!

Submitted by Benjamin Vander Jagt on Fri, 09/14/2012 - 04:37
    DP Original

Ron Paul was denied the nomination by the RNC. Jesse Benton has gone his own way. Gary Johnson wasn't endorsed. Rand Paul hasn't been dubbed the new boss. Ron Paul isn't running third-party.

Shouldn't these things mean that the Daily Paul would dry up and disappear?

But in fact, there has been excellent content and discussion. The grass roots are growing into a friggin' tree here. There is hope for Ron Paul to run again in 2016, and people are keeping their eyes on other important offices up for grabs.

Do you know what this reminds me of? Hope. I don't mean Obama "hope". I mean something more like "Jakob the Liar" kind of hope...though I think we're a bit more optimistic.

No matter what the power-lusting politicians do, we have formed our army. We're a rag-tag bunch of who-knows-what, and we're regularly clicking the "reload" button on the Daily Paul website, but the unavoidable fact is that we are still here.

Yes, we are still here.

I know what it means to me. What does that mean to you?

Would you look at that. The Daily Paul is alive and well! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Check out one of the top stories on Politico right now...

Submitted by Quetz on Fri, 09/14/2012 - 05:15
    Politics, General + Law(s)

Washington

I dunno, is this how it's supposed to be? Are we as a movement going to be co opted and diluted? It sure seems so.

What do you guys think?

Politico: The two men couldn’t be more different on paper: One is a five-term septuagenarian, career politician and the embodiment of the Republican establishment; the other a 49-year-old tea party firebrand who never before held elected office and the de facto leader of the libertarian movement.

But behind the scenes, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and freshman Sen. Rand Paul are charting anything but divergent paths.

They are methodically forming a tight-knit alliance to bridge the divide between the sparring factions of their party, an effort that could boost their own political careers in the process.

Sensing a tea party uprising back home after Paul defeated McConnell’s hand-picked candidate in the 2010 Senate primary, the calculating Republican leader focused on bringing Paul and his supporters under his wing. Two years later, it’s paying off: The two men barnstorm the state together in both official and political events; throw high-dollar fundraisers for one another; and are trying to merge the GOP’s tea party wing with the party’s establishment, social conservative and business wings — heading off an intraparty war that has uprooted Republican politics in many parts of the country.

Continue...

Check out one of the top stories on Politico right now... | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Ron Paul: Danger Signal

Submitted by GBAmerica on Fri, 09/14/2012 - 07:38
    Current Events

Danger Signal

In response to yesterday's announcement from the Federal Reserve, Congressman Ron Paul issues the following statement:

"No one is surprised by the Fed's action today to inject even more money into the economy through additional asset purchases. The Fed's only solution for every problem is to print more money and provide more liquidity. Mr. Bernanke and Fed governors appear not to understand that our current economic malaise resulted directly because of the excessive credit the Fed already pumped into the system.

"For all of its vaunted policy tools, the Fed now finds itself repeating the same basic action over and over in an attempt to prime the economy with more debt and credit. But this latest decision to provide more quantitative easing will only prolong our economic stagnation, corrupt market signals, and encourage even more misallocation and malinvestment of resources. Rather than stimulating a real recovery by focusing on a strong dollar and market interest rates, the Fed's announcement today shows a disastrous detachment from reality on the part of our central bank. Any further quantitative easing from the Fed, in whatever form, will only make our next economic crash that much more serious."

Source

Ron Paul: Danger Signal | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Ron Paul on The Jerry Doyle Show - 9/14/12

Submitted by IntellectualAnarchy on Fri, 09/14/2012 - 12:54
    Ron Paul 2012

Ron Paul Live At LPAC On The Jerry Doyle Show - YouTube

Jerry is broadcasting live from LPAC and will have Ron Paul on today at 1:20pst /4:20 est

According to Jerry "The liberty and freedom movement is alive and well!"

He also said the general consensus at LPAC is that Romney is toast....

You can tune in here to listen http://www.talkstreamlive...

Ron Paul on The Jerry Doyle Show - 9/14/12 | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Marc Faber: "Fed Will Destroy The World"

Submitted by Apple on Fri, 09/14/2012 - 16:03
    Economy

"Everything will collapse" is the consequence Gloom, Boom, & Doom's Marc Faber sees from the Fed's latest 'stimulus' (and the fallacy and misconception of how money-printing can help employment). In a wondrously clarifying interview on Bloomberg TV this morning, Faber explained why he was 'happy', since "the asset values of his holdings will go up" but as a responsible citizen he is worried because "the monetary policies of the US will destroy the world." It truly is class warfare under a veil of 'its good for you' as he notes: "the fallacy of monetary policy in the U.S. is to believe this money will go to the man on the street. It won't. It goes to the Mayfair economy of the well-to-do people and boosts asset prices of Warhols." Congratulations, Mr. Bernanke.

Must-watch (or read the transcript) - it is truly remarkable.

Video at the page Link:

Marc Faber: "Fed Will Destroy The World" | ZeroHedge