Page 695 of 740 FirstFirst ... 195595645685691692693694695696697698699705 ... LastLast
Results 6,941 to 6,950 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    We Will Not Forget: Write in Ron Paul for Our Beaten and Arrested Delegates in the States Where it Wll Count

Submitted by Sue4theBillofrights on Mon, 09/10/2012 - 17:52
    Ron Paul 2012
    DP Original

States where the write votes will be counted: AL, IA, WI, PA, CA, VT, NH, DE

One thing that irks me about all the Johnsonites now swarming this site who say: "Get over it! You lost! Now vote for Gary Johnson!" is it's not that simple. A cynical calculation was made that "Those Ron Paul votes are now all OURS! Let's go in and swamp them and browbeat them UNTIL THEY SUBMIT, JUST LIKE THEY HAD TO FOR THE GOP!"

It's not that simple now because of guys like Alex Helwig, who found out that playing by the rules and winning means nothing to some people. He was arrested during the fracas at the Louisiana GOP and came out of jail with broken fingers.
    It's not that simple because of Henry Herford, Jr., an elderly handicapped gentleman and newly-elected Ron Paul chairman who was pushed to the floor by off-duty Shreveport police goons hired by the leadership. He reportedly suffered a dislocated hip.

In a Missouri parking lot where locked out Ron Paulers finally held their own convention, a SWAT team was called to break up the peaceful assembly.

Over and over we saw no bottom to the contempt for a democratic republic exhibited by the GOP leadership, the form of government bequeathed to us by the Founders.

When we go into the eight states where write-in votes are counted without a candidate's signed declaration of intent (meaning we don't have to bother Dr. Paul, we can do it all ourselves,) we aren't just choosing to vote for the man who best and most CONSISTENTLY articulates our message.

WE HAVE OUR HEROES TO REMEMBER. Those who bravely waded into the uncharted waters of the GOP snakepit to contend with whatever they found.

Even after the convention the State was not done with Ron Paul, as 8 TSA agents descended on his party as they were boarding a private plane out of Tampa.

Lew Rockwell reports:

"After a long examination of the pilots and their credentials, the agents said they had to check the plane for explosives. One of the pilots noted that the plane, full of gas, was already a bomb. Then Carol Paul, who has a heart pacemaker, refused to be screened, and an aide started taking video of the whole rotten proceeding. At that point, the TSA backed down and let them through."

LOL nevermind Dr. Paul. It's Mrs. Paul who restored order with those boys.

This rich legacy of skulduggery and brutality provides enormous material for our write-in campaign for the states where it will count: AL, IA, WI, PA, CA, VT, NH, DE.

It makes me cry every time I watch the videos of what some of us went through. Just for exercising our right to participate in the process. I also feel like I AM THE ONE BEING ATTACKED.

You guys go off spend your time on this whole Johnson debate if you want. I will spend every last bit of time and energy I have until election day working on making the Ron Paul write-in vote get heard around the world, in the states it will count.
    I for one, will never forget.

We Will Not Forget: Write in Ron Paul for Our Beaten and Arrested Delegates in the States Where it Wll Count | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Again ... No One But Paul

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Obama Edges Romney in Voter Trust on Afghanistan, Education, Social Security

Looking past the economy and health care, President Obama leads his Republican challenger Mitt Romney in terms of voter trust on a number of other key issues including Afghanistan, education and Social Security. The partisan divide is predictable, but the president has a clear advantage among unaffiliated voters. Read More

New High: 44% Think Health Care Law Good for Country

For the second week in a row, 50% of Likely U.S. Voters favor repeal of President Obama's national health care law. Forty-four percent (44%) are opposed, according to the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.Read More

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll: Obama 50%, Romney 45%

Swing State Daily Tracking: Obama 46% Romney 45%

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 09-10-2012 at 11:12 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul Knocks DNC & GOP Conventions as ‘Taxpayer Funded Spectacles,’ Reminds Both Parties the U.S. Is a Republic

Posted on September 10, 2012 at 11:20pm
    by Becket Adams
    Comments (163)

Associated Press/Jae C. Hong - Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, talks with a Texas delegate on the floor at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., on Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2012. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) on Monday released a statement criticizing the Republican and Democrat Party for throwing lavish conventions at the expense of U.S. taxpayers and knocked both parties for constantly referring to the U.S. as a democracy.

“Last week marked the conclusion of the grand taxpayer funded spectacles known as the national party conventions,” Rep. Paul’s statement reads.

“It is perhaps very telling that while $18 million in tax dollars was granted to each party for these lavish ordeals, an additional $50 million each was needed for security in anticipation of the inevitable protests at each event,” it adds.

However, as Rep. Paul notes, the fact that both conventions cost approximately $136 million is nothing when compared to the amount of debt the U.S. government has accumulated through reckless spending.
    “Parties should fund their own parties, not the taxpayer,” the statement continues. “At these conventions, leaders determined, or pretended to determine, who they wished to govern the nation for the next four years amidst inevitable, endless exaltations of democracy.”

And it’s that “exaltations of democracy” that has Rep. Paul annoyed.

“[W]e are not a democracy. In fact, the founding fathers found the concept of democracy very dangerous,” the statement reads.

“Democracy is majority rule at the expense of the minority. Our system has certain democratic elements, but the founders never mentioned democracy in the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, or the Declaration of Independence,” it adds.

Indeed, as the Texas congressman’s statement reminds us, the first amendment itself — technically speaking — isn’t “democratic.”

“[T]he First Amendment protects free speech. It doesn’t — or shouldn’t — matter if that speech is abhorrent to 51% or even 99% of the people.

Speech is not subject to majority approval. Under our republican form of government, the individual, the smallest of minorities, is protected from the mob,” according to the statement.

Rep. Paul’s statement continues:
    Sadly, the constitution and its protections are respected less and less as we have quietly allowed our constitutional republic to devolve into a militarist, corporatist social democracy. Laws are broken, quietly changed and ignored when inconvenient to those in power, while others in positions to check and balance do nothing. The protections the founders put in place are more and more just an illusion.

This is why increasing importance is placed on the beliefs and views of the president. The very narrow limitations on government power are clearly laid out in Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution. Nowhere is there any reference to being able to force Americans to buy health insurance or face a tax/penalty, for example … Because we are a constitutional republic, the mere popularity of a policy should not matter. If it is in clear violation of the limits of government and the people still want it, a Constitutional amendment is the only appropriate way to proceed. However, rather than going through this arduous process, the Constitution was in effect, ignored and the insurance mandate was allowed anyway.

This demonstrates how there is now a great deal of unhindered flexibility in the Oval Office to impose personal views and preferences on the country, so long as 51% of the people can be convinced to vote a certain way. The other 49% on the other hand have much to be angry about and protest under this system.
    Very angry, indeed.

“We should not tolerate the fact that we have become a nation ruled by men, their whims and the mood of the day, and not laws,” Rep. Paul adds.

“It cannot be emphasized enough that we are a republic, not a democracy and, as such, we should insist that the framework of the Constitution be respected and boundaries set by law are not crossed by our leaders.”

“These legal limitations on government assure that other men do not impose their will over the individual, rather, the individual is able to govern himself. When government is restrained, liberty thrives,” it concludes.

With Rep. Paul’s words in mind, and as Election Day draws closer, ask yourself this question: Out of the two men running for the highest office in the nation, who is most likely to expand/restrain the role government plays in the life of the U.S. citizen?

UPDATE — Apparently, I need to clarify this (I thought it would be understood): Out of the two men running for the highest office in the nation with a realistic and reasonable chance of winning, who is most likely to expand/restrain the role government plays in the life of the U.S. citizen?

Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter

Front page photo source courtesy the AP.

Rep. Ron Paul’s Statement on the Convetions and the Upcoming Election | TheBlaze.com

Romney flip flops on Obamacare, and no one seems to notice.

Submitted by RC Liberty on Wed, 09/12/2012 - 00:39
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

As recently as September 2012, Mitt Romney has stated that he supports forcing companies to provide insurance at affordable rates for people with preexisting conditions. Doesn't everyone on here realize that means he supports Obamacare? Obamacare, and covering preexisting conditions in that way doesn't work unless you force Americans to buy insurance through threat of tax or penalty! Did I miss something here?

Romney flip flops on Obamacare, and no one seems to notice. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Reality Check Video Update: Why are we fighting Al Qaeda and supporting them at the same time?

Submitted by northstar on Tue, 09/11/2012 - 21:43
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Reality Check tonight... 1 on 1 with President Obama, asking the President why we are fighting Al Qaeda in Afghanistan and supporting them in Syria?

Reality Check: One on One with President Obama, Why Is The U.S. Supporting Al Qaeda In Syria? - YouTube

Ben always uploads his show to his channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/us...

His station page is:
    http://www.fox19.com/cate...

Reality Check Video Update: Why are we fighting Al Qaeda and supporting them at the same time? | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Write in for Ron Paul Campaign New York State

Submitted by Carrie M Christman on Tue, 09/11/2012 - 16:52
    DP Original
    New York

I will take the responsibility to arrange the write in for Ron Paul in New York State.

If anyone else has done this, let me know, so we can team up.

New York state election laws have been read, the Board of Elections has been referred to, and we now have the ball rolling.

Write in for Ron Paul Campaign New York State | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

States where no declaration needed from Dr. Paul to write-in and have vote counted: AL, IA, WI, PA, CA, VT, NH, DE, OR

Submitted by Sue4theBillofrights on Mon, 09/10/2012 - 01:08
    Ron Paul 2012
    DP Original

UPDATE: Oregon in Play for Write-in Votes for Ron Paul.

It seems that they total the write-ins but do not tally them for the individual candidates. Looks like a good place for a Ron Paul write-in campaign. If suddenly 20% of the votes in some counties are write-ins, it will be pretty obvious who it is.

No declaration from candidate needed. Oregon looks good for a legal challenge demanding they tally the write-ins.

Oregon Secretary of State pertinent chapter:

http://www.oregonvotes.org/doc/publi...Candidates.pdf

Oregon 2008 presidential write-in vote:

United States presidential election in Oregon, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Missing from previous lists is Delaware. From this link which cross-checks accurately with my research:

http://www.anamericanvision.com/info/state_certifications_re...

There are no requirements in the state of Delaware. Voters can just write in the candidate's name, and the vote will be counted.

Seeming to verify this is this Voter Instructions circular from DE Elections, which states:
    http://elections.delaware.gov/services/voter/pdfs/how_to_vot...

Once you have finished making ALL your selections, push the GREEN VOTE button on the lower right of the screen to cast your ballot. You may not use the write-in option during a primary election.

I take the bold to say you MAY use the write-in option during a general election.

New Jersey is problematic. You can write in a president but according to the link above (more inquiries needed): "Write-in votes will only be tabulated if there are enough of them to contest the election."

But how do they know if there are enough of them to contest the election? I guess it's like, hmm there seem to be a lot of these maybe we'd better start counting.

In the other states listed, varying levels of activism are required for write-in votes to count, from running a slate of official presidential electors to simply writing in the candidate.

A visual summary of presidential election write-in laws is here:
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7...d80fdc88_z.jpg

States where no declaration needed from Dr. Paul to write-in and have vote counted: AL, IA, WI, PA, CA, VT, NH, DE, OR | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Ron Paul's Political Director Jesse Benton Quits Campaign for Liberty

Brian Doherty|Sep. 11, 2012 6:30 pm
    Jesse Benton, Rep Ron Paul's controversial political director and the de facto guy in charge of the political end of the Ron Paul operation (though never officially the "campaign manager") has left the position in the larger Paul machine he held between the 2008 and 2012 runs, senior vice president of the Campaign for Liberty. (Benton also managed Rand Paul's winning Senate campaign in 2010 in the interim.)

Campaign for Liberty is the grassroots activism group launched in the aftermath of the 2008 Paul run, most closely associated with "Audit the Fed" activism.
    Benton said this in his public resignation letter to Campaign for Liberty president, and Paul 2012's official campaign manager, John Tate.
    After much soul searching, I have decided that my passion lies in direct electoral politics, and I plan to work on campaigns rather than resume my work in grassroots advocacy.
    It is therefore with a heavy heart that I write to tell you that I will not rejoin Campaign for Liberty’s staff this fall. Please know that you, our team, Dr. Paul, and all our wonderful members have my undying friendship and loyalty. I am of course happy to be a resource and friend to any and all of you, for whatever is in my power to provide.
    Benton is also married to Paul's granddaughter Valori Pyeatt. Ron Paul appended this to the letter:
    As Jesse moves on to new opportunities, I wanted to take a moment to thank him for his tireless efforts on behalf of our cause these past few years.
    Jesse remains committed to building on the historic progress our movement has made, and I wish him all the best in his future endeavors.
    I look forward to seeing the great things I know he and Valori will accomplish together in the years to come.
    Benton, in my reading of the campaign, was the leading strategist behind the idea that it was best for the Paul machine to normalize itself within the Republican Party, and is also known for being eager to segregate the campaign from the Paul grassroots' more radical edges. Taking that tack often earned him the enmity of many of Paul's more hardcore fans, especially the ones who wanted a loud and vigorous and messy fight-to-the-death against the establishment until the very end.
    The comment thread at this afternoon's Daily Paul post on his resignation is a fair representation of the sort of vituperation regularly aimed at Benton.
    I'm hearing unspecific and unsubstantiated tales that Benton will be announcing his next political job very soon, and that the specifics of it may further aggravate Paul hardcore fans. (Not that there is any other political campaign around that's as good in libertarian terms as Paul's.) Benton himself is not commenting about that as of this afternoon.
    The history of the Paul campaigns is told in my book Ron Paul's Revolution.

Ron Paul's Political Director Jesse Benton Quits Campaign for Liberty - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Federal Judge Rules Against NDAA

Submitted by radiofriendly on Wed, 09/12/2012 - 21:41
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Today, Judge Forrest permanently enjoined (prevented) enforcement of a portion of the National Defense Authorization Act, stating that the law “impermissibly impinges on guaranteed First Amendment rights and lacks sufficient definitional structure and protections to meet the requirements of due process.”

The NDAA is a federal law signed into law by President Obama on December 31, 2011 that authorizes the government to detain persons–without charge or trial–including U.S. citizens, who “substantially support” Al-Qaeda, the Taliban or their “associated forces.”

Across the country, Ron Paul supporters deserve the credit for keeping this issue alive within the public sphere. Have you ever heard CNN report on this issue?

Read the ruling:
    http://iroots.org/2012/09/12/federal-judge-issues-permanant-...

Federal Judge Rules Against NDAA | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

It's Bernanke in Blunderland, warns Ron Paul

The Federal Reserve hadn't even warmed up the printing presses after announcing a new round of "quantitative easing," when Ron Paul, longtime Fed critic, fired off both barrels ... and outlined of the next inevitable economic crisis.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/ron-paul-...-from-reality/
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 09-13-2012 at 05:18 PM.