Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC Activists Helped Defeat the Dream Act Amnesty!

ALIPAC Activists Helped Defeat the Dream Act Amnesty!

September 27, 2007
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT: Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC) (866) 329-3999

When Senator Dick Durbin announced his plan to place the 'Bad' Dream Act Amnesty into the defense spending bill via amendment, ALIPAC sprang into action to mobilize activists, media, and organizations across America to defeat the measure which would encourage illegal immigration.

The ALIPAC website receives over 3 million hits per month and the ALIPAC e-mail network now exceeds 25,000. More importantly, ALIPAC has established a national media profile with hundreds of talk radio stations and allied organizations to which the group helps provide strategies and talking points.

"This Dream Act Amnesty was a Nightmare Act or 'Bad' Dream Act" says William Gheen of ALIPAC. "We used those terms from the start to convey the massive public opposition to this new attempt at Amnesty. When are these Senators going to start listening to the majority of Americans, instead of illegal aliens who are not supposed to be in America at all?"

Americans for Legal Immigration PAC has experienced defeating in-state tuition for illegal alien legislation in several states and played a strong role in helping defeat the 'Comprehensive Immigration Reform' Amnesty in the Senate a few months ago.

Using advanced strategies with new lobbying and grass roots techniques, ALIPAC methods are proving successful.

Thousands of calls, e-mails, and faxes were facilitated by ALIPAC including utilization of talk radio and the Internet to warn Americans and mobilize them against the Dream Act.

"As a 527 PAC, we have the ability to say and do things that other organizations cannot. We have the ability to endorse candidates and advertise votes and issues in relation to the campaigns," says Gheen. "That ability is proving more important as we get closer to election season. Some of these Amnesty supporting politicians have ticked off over 80% of their likely voters. We plan to bring many of them home in 2008!"

Americans for Legal Immigration PAC wants enforcement of our existing immigration laws that have been suspended by corporate influences in the Bush administration.

###

Paid for by Americans for Legal Immigration
    Post Office Box 30966, Raleigh, NC 27622-0966
    Tel: (919) 787-6009 Toll Free: (866) 329-3999
    FEC ID: C00405878
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

HI- i have been an ALIPAC member for a while but just had to re-register cause i forgot my Log-in info. I am an ANTI-war Democrat, as are most of friends. We are ALSO very Anti-Illegal immigrant!! i faxed, e-mailed and called our CA democrat senators to vote against this Dream Act and wrote that MOST registered Democrats (who are also American citizens)in the Los Angeles Area fully oppose ALL amnesty and are against Illegal Immigration. I am so sick and tired of this shoved down our throats as a Republican vs. Democrat issue! It is a matter of AMERICAN RIGHTS! furthermore I am tired of hearing that illegals do work that Americans WILL not. we have been force-fed that crap for so long, people believe it! How bout we bring our troops back from Iraq to help secure the border, use the money spent on that wasted war for healthcare and to enforce immigration laws. and finally show our kids that they can mow our lawns and begin to learn to work at fast food places! for years i housed Legal foreign students that were here to learn English and even they were appalled that we allow anyone who has broken the laws to just matriculate into our society AND give them free services, education and allow them to have babies here that are automatic citizens!

even though my 2 senators were co-sponsors of that nightmare act, I continued to call. I'm glad I could be a part of this defeat for the OBL.

Way to go everyone, "The Price of Freedom is Eternal Viligance."

Thomas Jefferson
    "When the Government Fears the People, there is Liberty. When the People Fear the Government, there is Tyranny."

Thomas Jefferson

Socalnative,

Look into Ron Paul
    "When the Government Fears the People, there is Liberty. When the People Fear the Government, there is Tyranny."

Thomas Jefferson

Welcome back SOCALNATIVE!

I agree, this crosses both party lines and I know some die hard Liberals that are firmly against illegal immigration.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

No thanks- I think I will just keep working on my fellow democrats to work against amnesty and Illegal immigrant rights. WE NEED Democrats as well as Republicans to join this fight, cause again-This should NOT be a partisan issue! If it were, who's side is the president on???? I have republican Relatives, who because of their agricultural concerns are all in favor of amnesty and illegal immigrants rights!

Hi dixie! Glad to hear your feelings! My "No thanks" went out to HAPEXamendios for the Ron Paul suggestion. I am a slight left liberal with some right leaning concerns, however I vote the issues more than the candidates. Living in the San Fernando Valley in LA, I am angry, depressed, hurt about what has become of my area and and state. I can not say enough about how my peers feel about this-WE WANT illegals stopped, we'd like children born of illegal parents to NOT be citizens, and frankly-many people I talk to would like to see a huge effort made to deport all 12 million illegals!! I have invited Senators Feinstein, Boxer and even Ms. Clinton to make an unnanounced visit to this area-Just a drive-thru on a Saturday! I believe how our state (Mexifornia) goes-so goes the nation! what will your state's moniker be??? Couldn't we use the billions that will be wasted in IRAQ to also help find solutions for other governments to KEEP their citizens home????

Activists Helped Defeat DREAM ACT

Yea! well guys we did it again and we can keep right on doing the same things that it takes to be heard when ever these money hungry idiots come up with the next bag of tricks. The thing I don't get is, why don't the people who are pushing this illegal amnesty just give up and tell their fellow latinos to just pack it up and go home. They will never receive what they are demanding as long as we keep up the good work. So score another one for the good guys! and that would be of course ALIPAC, NUMBERS U.S.A AND ALL OF THE OTHER GROUPS OUT THERE. Way to go guys. I won't be online for the next couple of days, I will be out of town attending my sister's funeral. She passed away Tuesday. But will be back in the fight when I return.

Victory For America!

This is a Victory for America!

This is not over since Senator Reid has already said he will push it again in the not to distant future.

But for now... HOORAY!

They are also trying to give amnesty to illegal immigrants in the AgJOBS Bill or Farm Bill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast