Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I didn't know Mr.Gheen was a veteran campaign consultant. I learned something new. I figured the farming community would fight, but I can't understand the business aspect of it. Most people refuse to work Agriculture in the U.S. because they think it is beneath them. Believe me, there is a great wealth of information that Americans lack, by not getting involved in Agriculture, and the likes. There is a stink bug attacking the East Coastal Region right now, threatening all of the Eastern Coastal Regions' Agriculture.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Quote Originally Posted by airdale
    " it's critical that we get this right not just on paper, but in practical terms."

What the hell is that supposed to mean??
    "practical terms" Code word "ILLEGAL ALIEN CHEAP LABOR". for my BUTTY'S........ Jerk.....!
    They want their Comprehensive Immigration Reform Amnesty before implementing Everify.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

i will be contacting the senators who gutted HB 36 to express my disappointment and displeasure.

I want to say we need lawymakers like NC's US Rep Howard Coble. The man is awesome. I've written him perhaps a dozen times since 2010 and alway get a concise US mail response...as to his position on whatever subject i asked, if he agrees with me or if he doesn't agree with me he explains clearly why.

The NH debate the other night I KNEW john king would not ask any question about the border or illegals. How rich it was when a member of the audience a naturalized US Citizen, stood up to ask how they were all going to stop benefits to illegals. This is a tremendously important issues with US Citizens in all states. I'm all over the internet and our people are upset they are being run out of jobs, fired and replaced by illegals. Even many of those who are legal were obtained illegally by employers who sponsor them. Employers are abusing the legal work visa laws, hiring a foreign worker when there ARE US Citizens available.

The latest article I read was about Chinese pregnant women, getting tourist visas and coming here so their child can be a US Citizen...this is so wrong.

From the bill, actual text--
    The following definitions apply in this Article:

(1) Contractor. – A person or entity that employs at least 25 full-time employees and that contracts with a public entity for construction or repair work.
    (4) Subcontractor. – Any person or entity that employs at least 25 full-time employees, other than a contractor, who furnishes construction or repair work to a contractor or another subcontractor with a good faith and reasonable belief that the work was furnished as part of a contract between a contractor and a public entity. This term includes any person who meets this definition regardless of the tier of the subcontractor.
    This is a huge part of the problem, that they say the subcontractor employs at least 25 full time employees. I understand that many subcontractors employ less than 25 and so are exempt from the E-verify requirement. This is where many of the illegals are employed, with subcontractors doing carpentry, drywall, painting, plumbing, etc. So by including this provision, the bill is rendered almost useless against the illegals who are taking the jobs!

Also, this appears to only apply to contractors and subcontractors who are doing business with state, county, and local governments, leaving out all other employers in the state.

Basically, it is a way for legislators to say, "See, we voted against illegal immigration," when in fact, they voted for big business and agriculture and against North Carolinians! You see that in Berger's note saying, "Sen. Berger is unequivocally opposed to illegal immigration and committed to enforcing our laws."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

bingham

i just talked to senator bingham on the phone about this, he told me that i wouldnt get anywhere if i kept using the angry mob tactic. then the call was handed of to an assistant but apparently angry calls and emails are quickly disregarded. if this is true then why is bill gheen set on rallying an angry mob to swamp the legislature? after they told me the progress of several of their anti illegal immigration i really didnt know what to say.
    i have worked in construction on the coast for over 10 years now and i know first hand of how badly this legislation is needed in nc- hb36 is being set up as a "first step" to be put in place because of how much it would take to mandate this upon every employer in NC. i can see the point that the state isnt equipped to institute this immediatley, especially after these insane budget cuts just happened.
    but why didnt they include a multi step process that didnt mandate everify on all employers immediatley, but rather mandated the changes on a timetable or gradually? i am certainly disappointed in the senate, but am also disappointed in this latest effort by alipac, it really looks like we just burnt a shitton of political capital here.

Re: bingham

Quote Originally Posted by stanleyM
    i just talked to senator bingham on the phone about this, he told me that i wouldnt get anywhere if i kept using the angry mob tactic. then the call was handed of to an assistant but apparently angry calls and emails are quickly disregarded. if this is true then why is bill gheen set on rallying an angry mob to swamp the legislature? after they told me the progress of several of their anti illegal immigration i really didnt know what to say.
    i have worked in construction on the coast for over 10 years now and i know first hand of how badly this legislation is needed in nc- hb36 is being set up as a "first step" to be put in place because of how much it would take to mandate this upon every employer in NC. i can see the point that the state isnt equipped to institute this immediatley, especially after these insane budget cuts just happened.
    but why didnt they include a multi step process that didnt mandate everify on all employers immediatley, but rather mandated the changes on a timetable or gradually? i am certainly disappointed in the senate, but am also disappointed in this latest effort by alipac, it really looks like we just burnt a shitton of political capital here.
    Welcome to alipac!

If you read the NC House version of H36 you will see the gradual implementation idea expressed there. The NC Senate is playing to the illegal alien employers in the state by changing/omitting so much of the house version. That's a fact.

Go here to read BOTH versions, House edition 4 and Senate edition 6 and judge for yourself. http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascripts/B ... tButton=Go

Quote Originally Posted by imblest
    From the bill, actual text--
    The following definitions apply in this Article:

(1) Contractor. – A person or entity that employs at least 25 full-time employees and that contracts with a public entity for construction or repair work.
    (4) Subcontractor. – Any person or entity that employs at least 25 full-time employees, other than a contractor, who furnishes construction or repair work to a contractor or another subcontractor with a good faith and reasonable belief that the work was furnished as part of a contract between a contractor and a public entity. This term includes any person who meets this definition regardless of the tier of the subcontractor.
    This is a huge part of the problem, that they say the subcontractor employs at least 25 full time employees. I understand that many subcontractors employ less than 25 and so are exempt from the E-verify requirement. This is where many of the illegals are employed, with subcontractors doing carpentry, drywall, painting, plumbing, etc. So by including this provision, the bill is rendered almost useless against the illegals who are taking the jobs!

Also, this appears to only apply to contractors and subcontractors who are doing business with state, county, and local governments, leaving out all other employers in the state.

Basically, it is a way for legislators to say, "See, we voted against illegal immigration," when in fact, they voted for big business and agriculture and against North Carolinians! You see that in Berger's note saying, "Sen. Berger is unequivocally opposed to illegal immigration and committed to enforcing our laws."
    Imblest, what you said there hits the nail on the head. There are a lot of contractors and subs out there who only have a handful or less of employees - they're exempt and they are the ones working the illegals. Matter of fact, they may have one or two LEGAL aliens and all the rest are illegals paid under the table or working off someone else's documents.

I took my son to get his learner's permit the other day and there's a older white farmer in there trying to get his 2 mexicans a NC driver's license. He was raising sand because the examiner wouldn't give them a NC permit using their mexican driver's license as proof they know how to drive. Unreal.

News flash from NC House

Just a few minutes ago, we voted NOT to concur with the Senate version of HB 36 at the request of bill sponsor Rep. Cleveland. Back to conference!

Jeff

Rep. Jeff Collins

House District 25

16 W. Jones St. | Office 1006

Raleigh, NC 27601

919.733-5802

Yes, I just heard that too!! That is awesome news!!

"The vote was 71-45 to NOT TO CONCUR on HB36. It will now be sent to committee and they have not appointed the members of that committee as of 11:17 am" from NCFIRE.

I will try to keep my cool on this as I have talked with various members in the GA. As I was told it may take a couple tries to get it right.

Getting hot headed and calling them names will not help us at all.

Honestly, you have to look at other states that have gone through this same thing and they have had to back up and regroup several times also. If they did not get it right they were threatened by law suits and other actions from ACLU,LaRaza, or just other pro-illegal groups.

I think we need to give them awhile on this as they are already on version #6 (as #4 was the winner so far)
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast