Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC Supporters: We are Dropping Dobbs

Friends of ALIPAC,

We have worked hard this past week to provide you with multiple interviews with Lou Dobbs for you to analyze and react to, and the trend is clear. The vast majority of ALIPAC supporters are upset with Dobbs' recent change in positions to support legalization for illegal aliens currently in the US after the "borders are secure."

We heard these same promises in 1986 and more recently on the lips of politicians like John McCain and Ted Kennedy. The last thing America needs is another politician trying to play both sides of the political border on the issue of illegal immigration and Amnesty.

Our internal polling shows over 70% of ALIPAC's supporters are upset with the recent comments of Lou Dobbs.

We have received so many demands that we remove our support for Dobbs, that we are making that announcement today.

We want all of our supporters to note that we did not rush this decision, and that we made this decision only as a last resort and after taking the time to hear from our supporters.

Our goal at ALIPAC is to provide YOU with the kind of representation you are NOT currently receiving from the sellouts in Washington, D.C.

Our loyalties are to our supporters and the American public, both of which are highly unified in opposition to illegal immigration and any path to citizenship for illegal aliens in the U.S.

Dobbs is destroying any chances he may have had for a successful run for public office.

The perception is that he is surrendering and capitulating to the pro-Amnesty groups and why he is doing this, we don't know. We cannot judge his heart, only his actions.

The pro-amnesty groups were already celebrating their perceived victory regarding his departure from CNN after months or organized campaigns to remove him. This news, followed by his report of gunfire striking his home after weeks of death threats from pro-amnesty individuals, gives the impression he is responding to their pressures.

We have spoken with Mr. Dobbs directly about this and are very concerned that his perceived capitulation will embolden illegal alien supporters to apply the pressures of attacking people's employment, homes, and families.

The recent actions of Dobbs may have increased the risks of attacks on other Americans who truly speak out against Amnesty and the risks that Amnesty legislation will pass in 2010.

ALIPAC will never 'compromise' as Dobbs suggests on the issue of citizenship for illegal aliens. America has been comprimised enough already and there is no room for any further capitulation or surrender.

Americans are looking for true, clear, and strong leadership to represent them. Many of us thought we have found that in Dobbs and it is painful to come to the realization we were wrong.

Out of concern for our supporters and our cause, along with our respect for all of Dobbs's prior contributions to our cause, we have taken the time to proceed cautiously, respectfully, and deliberately on this issue.

Today, we are dropping our support for Dobbs and suspending our two Dobbs fan websites including www.LouDobbsforPresident.org

A press release is being sent out nationally to inform all parties and we are notifying our allied groups and leaders along with our now over 30,000 national supporters.

We apologize to our supporters for being wrong about Dobbs. ALIPAC's mission is to accurately inform voters of which candidates stand with their views on immigration issues. This is a tough job and many candidates intentionally make our job tougher. We are glad that in the case of Dobbs, we were able to get our hands on this information before he filed to run.

If Dobbs continues to be an advocate for any form of Amnesty on his radio show or future interviews, we will consider more measures in opposition to his efforts.

For now, we plan to drop our support and hopefully put this painful episode behind us.

We remain resolute in our intentions to defeat Amnesty and reverse illegal immigration in America.

We reject Mr. Dobbs's offer for us to sit at the table with groups like La Raza or MALDEF to negotiate or compromise on Amnesty. These are racist anti-American groups that we will not legitimize with our presence. We envision a future where the borders and rule of law are both re-established in America and groups like La Raza are reduced to the contemporary status of the American communists, Nazis, and the KKK!

We do not need leadership from someone like Dobbs or anyone else like him, because our model is that the American people should lead and the politicians and media pundits should follow us!

We don't follow leaders! Leaders follow We The People!

Here is a copy of our press release going out today....
    ALIPAC Withdraws Support for Lou Dobbs
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-988665.html#988665

Thank you again to all of you who took the time to look into this situation and share your views with us.

We stand with you.

William Gheen & The ALIPAC Team
    www.alipac.us
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you ALIPAC. Good riddance Lou.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

at least ol dobbs spread the word while he could. his tune changed for a reason, i pity the man. he is being sqeezed. adios LOU.

Farewell Mr. Independent now known as Mr. Amnesty.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Ya See-ya Lou Dobbs Do'nt let the door hit you on the Butt on your way Out !!

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    I want to know his reason for capitulating to the OBL before saying anything defamatory. Actually, anything derogatory on my part would be insignificant next to the long and principled fight Lou Dobbs made before being captured by his enemies.

He may be speaking treacherous words under duress - pressure about which we know nothing. Remember Adm. Jeremiah Denton, seven years a captive of the North Vietnamese.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

I agree w/ Draindog on this one. There has to be something going on behind the scenes that would make Lou do a 180 like this.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    I agree w/ Draindog on this one. There has to be something going on behind the scenes that would make Lou do a 180 like this.
    Like getting shot at? Whatever the reason if you can't be brave and hold to your beliefs and values you always end up like Dobb's. Confused and Afraid.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

There's bribery and $$$$ involved here and I'm sure Mr. Dobbs is at the receiving end

The thing is, he stated his position all along, but as I said in an earlier post, all of us glossed over it (including myself). We were so caught-up in the pro-American, seal the borders and ports rhetoric, that we didn't take it seriously when he said that a rational, humane immigration policy needs to be discussed. I remember him using that term multiple times, but I'd have to research the archives to point out specifically when he stated that. Now, I don't remember him saying that he wouldn't deport illegals...but he didn't say that because he was playing to our camp, in order to get our sympathies and TV ratings. If he had stated that particular sentiment, we would have dropped him. He was playing us all along, for the ratings. I think that he is sincere in that he wants the borders secured, but he's also sincere about wanting amnesty for many millions.

The lesson is, in the future, we need to be certain what a candidates' SPECIFIC views are. This is where we fell a little short. (again, including myself.)

Ostrich

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast