Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

W and moderators,

Does CA also need our help? Assemblyman Chuck DeVore (R-Irvine) is trying to REPEAL AB 540, which is the law that gives in-state tuition to illegals. He wants to repeal it in order to give the money instead to the National Guard (Idaho already passed a bill like this. )

Being CA, he is going to get a lot of opposition from the liberals. Does he need our help too?
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Ex-OC (and all others...) - OR's Governor implemented an executive order instructing our DMV to cease providing DLs to anyone that can't prove legal residency here. So, in short, your assumption is true, but only by temporary executive order. It took effect Feb 4 2008 (barely a week ago).
    However, it is not made into permanent law (far better, more popular support). So please do help us get the law passed to end the practice permanently.
    Ahhh, I see. Thanks for the clarification, Phred. Will call Oregon and save you!!!

Much appreciated !

(You're probably doing a lot to save yourself since ID is only 1 state away...!)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Much appreciated !

(You're probably doing a lot to save yourself since ID is only 1 state away...!)
    I know it!! Last week I called my local DMV office to get their guidelines on issuing DLs to illegals. They said they don't. They ask for ss#. Then they said, "The problem is Oregon is right next to us...." Hhahaahah. I assured them that Oregon will soon be changing that law!

Here's my email I've been sending out (below). For phone calls, I've been just using the most important points borrowed from the message below - seems to work ok...

Dear ____,

I am writing/calling today to ask you to support and pass Senate Bill 1080 which recently passed in the Oregon state Senate. This bill would deny licenses to persons that cannot prove a legal residence in the State.

Every American is taught that a driver license is a privilege, not a right. Licenses should be reserved for American citizens and legal immigrants.
    Most other states are moving to stop illegal aliens from receiving licenses and Oregon is one of the six remaining states that engages in this unpopular and dangerous practice.

A recent national poll showed that 77% of Americans oppose licenses for illegal aliens. Giving licenses to the illegal aliens makes Oregon a magnet for illegal immigration. In addition, Oregon is one of the most victimized states in terms of identity theft and related document fraud. Having the starting point of a legitimate driver's license only helps perpetuate such illicit behavior.

Here's what Governor Kulongoski said about this issue recently:

'Oregon has become a magnet for non-citizens who want identification cards for nefarious purposes.' - Gov. Ted Kulongoski

I think he sums up the problem quite well. I will be watching your vote closely on Senate Bill 1080.

Thanks for taking the time to hear my concerns.
    Ex_OC: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, ... It wasn't my idea, honest!
    (Our DMV here has been the brunt of much criticism and mismanagement for many, many years. The fact that this practice has been going on this long is no surprise to any of us 'old-timers' that have been in the state for the last 20-30 years... Hopefully, that'll be changing here shortly )
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

More info on the Reps here in OR:

The following should be considered 'friendly' - give quick call of support and thanks. Convincing messages would likely be welcome, but not necessary:

Representatives: Boquist, Flores*, Beyer, Lim, Thatcher* (likely incomplete list here...)

*Members of State Legislators for Legal Immigration
    (Extra kind thanks is definitely warranted)

All others use a more convincing, fact-based message.
    Expect the most resistance from Democrats in Portland or Eugene.

Ready to rock!!

Don't know how effective I'll be since I'm confined to emails....can't tie up the phone because of work....but I'll do what I can.

OK folks, Im about to get on the phones personally to the Senate and House leadership in these two states.

Let's make em notice the support coming in for these bills today.

W

I'm at work now, and just peeking in here. I'll get moving on this tonight when I get home.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I just finished emailing Utah and Oregon. I did get a response from Senator Metsger who said the bill passed this morning.

February 12, 2008 3:06:37 PM

Thank you for contacting my office with your thoughts on SB 1080, the
    bill to secure Oregon's driver's license. I have received a large
    number of passionate responses from across the state, demonstrating that
    this issue is one of great concern to Oregonians. As you know, ensuring
    that our driver's licenses are a secure identity document is critical
    for Oregonians who need to board planes, enter federal buildings, or
    have their driver's licenses accepted as proof of identity in other
    states. I am pleased to report that the Senate passed SB 1080 this
    morning, setting Oregon on the path to join the 43 other states that
    require proof of legal presence.

However, passage of this bill does not mean our work is done. The
    federal government has failed to live up to its obligation to provide
    the country with a just and comprehensive immigration plan. As a
    result, states are being forced to enact piecemeal, inconsistent
    legislation that is constantly subject to changes in federal law. We
    must keep pressure on Congress to reform the immigration process in a
    fair and responsible manner, without further unfunded federal mandates.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not
    hesitate to contact my office with any future questions or concerns.

Best wishes,

Rick Metsger
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast