Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Here's my written version of 'the message' for Utah legislators:

Dear Senator _____,

I am writing today to ask you to support and pass HB 239 which recently passed in the Utah House. This bill would deny driver licenses to persons lacking a legal residence in Utah.

Granting these licenses is unpopular. A recent national poll showed that 77% of Americans oppose licenses for illegal aliens.

Granting such licenses is bad policy. Continuing to provide these licenses makes Utah a magnet for illegal immigration, identity theft and related document crime.

As you might be aware, the State of Oregon is faced with a similar problem at present. Oregon too, has begun the process of ending the practice. On this very issue, the Governor of Oregon said recently:

"Oregon has become a magnet for non-citizens who want identification cards for nefarious purposes." -Ted Kulongoski (Governor, OR)

A driver license is a privilege, not a right. Licenses should be reserved for American citizens and legal residents.

Only a handful of states continue to provide driver licenses to persons that cannot demonstrate a legal presence in the country. Utah is one of the six remaining states that engage in this unpopular and dangerous practice. Please work diligentily to end the practice.

I will be watching your vote closely on HB 239.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

...............EMERGENCY ALERT" 2/13.................
    Please help take Action!!! NOW
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-103479.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234