Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lou Dobbs/ALIPAC Interview

My impression of this second interview w/ Dobbs is that he is equivocating and dishonest. He has created a tag line and repeats it over and over. His is the response of someone who will not be pinned down, will not say exactly what he means so that he can say something else on another occasion; I get the impression that he will be running for office.

Quote Originally Posted by LAPhil
    [

Read it again..
    I must be missing something. I see the word "recruiters", but it's misspelled. Why would it be recruiters and not recruits?
    [/quote]

Because it was "edited".
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Here you go, for anybody who wants to know how Glenn Beck feels about illegal aliens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBLQqoT7MbA
    It's a good clip, but that was old news. I can't find anything at all on Glenn's website about illegal immigration. I guess he's not discussing it much these days because it's not in the forefront of the news right now.
    LGBTQ (Let's Get Biden To Quit)

Here you go, for anybody who wants to know how Glenn Beck feels about illegal aliens.

I remember this. Wonder what happened to the border guys. I have always been a Beck supporter. I suppose he will go soft too...

Quote Originally Posted by sk1951

I remember this. Wonder what happened to the border guys. I have always been a Beck supporter. I suppose he will go soft too...
    Ramos and Compeon served two years out of 11 and 12-year prison sentences. Bush commuted their sentences on his last day in office, but they still haven't been pardoned and are on probation. I was wondering the same thing about Beck. I sure hope he doesn't pull a Dobbs on us.
    LGBTQ (Let's Get Biden To Quit)

Re: Lou Dobbs/ALIPAC Interview

Quote Originally Posted by Allisurd
    My impression of this second interview w/ Dobbs is that he is equivocating and dishonest. He has created a tag line and repeats it over and over. His is the response of someone who will not be pinned down, will not say exactly what he means so that he can say something else on another occasion; I get the impression that he will be running for office.
    You need to see the interview in order to understand what's we're talking about....
    http://msnlatino.telemundo.com/shows/Al ... d0750bcc7f
    ------------------------

Lou Dobbs

I stand by the ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT: No pathway to citizenship for Ill-Legal Immigrants. The Government does not follow thru, We were sold out in 1986. You know the old saying "Fool Me Once..." never again

tinybobidaho wrote:

I was with the MinuteMen in SoCal, when this occured,
    ------------------------

Feedback

This was the first opportunity I had to listen to Lou on the radio. I'm still kind of disturbed about how he still won't defend his views in a very authoritative manner and seems milque-toasty - even on his own radio show. Clearly, I've only listened for a short period so I'll reserve judgement on that part. Truth be told, I thought his Telemundo interview was the same but I felt, at the time, that he was mostly unprepared for it and thus uncomfortable. He certainly looked like he was. I also couldn't stand his insanely stupid apology for not speaking Spanish - this, in America? Egads!

Anyway, I find that I still need to know what he means by rational, effective, and humane and "certain circumstances". Buzzwords all and suspiciously close to what the amnesty folks use. I disagree with him that illegals who are here and have otherwise lived upstanding and productive lives should be given a path to citizenship. This, for just the reason William stated about illegals becoming voters and (my words) figuratively blowing the doors off of our nation as we know it. I would not support him for President nor for any other public office. However, cutting ties with him completely isn't the answer either due to his position of border security and the like. We need to pull together to fight - not divide amongst ourselves. My vote is for more time and more dialogue. He could also take a page from William's playbook of TV/radio interviews- be very well prepared with the facts, be well-spoken and authoritative (William always is), know how your body language appears to viewers and never ever apologize for not speaking Spanish in America!

William Gheen as guest on Lou Dobbs

Dobbs reminds me of those pod people in the movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Did he just wake up one morning and turn into a Fifth Column traitor in the mold of MEChA / NCLR / MALDEF / LULAC / the Mexican Consulates? He seems to think he's a silvery tongued devil -- falsely believing that he's spinning a convincing tale, like those Ministry of Truth characters in Orwell's 1984 claiming that they were never at war with Oceania or Eurasia. Gheen was outstanding in the role of Dobb's guest. Dump Dobbs. Dobbs is a sleazy chameleon.