Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Good question, Onthebeach and welcome! Fact of the matter is, ALIPAC has long been campaigning against foreign treaties that outsource our jobs and destroy our soverignity. Additionally, we have been one of the lead organizations alerting citizenry and Congress to the shrouded secrecy of the SPP. In fact, William hand carried and deliverd the first copies of the Jim Corsi book, "The Late, Great America" to North Carolina senators during the Amnesty Attemp several months ago. ALIPAC members also speed delivered to their Congressmen's offices copies of this same book during this time from across the country. We wanted to make absolutely sure that none of them could say "I didn't know" or "I had no idea." Now, what we had been long warning acout is actually happening, we are hitting Congress over the head again. And we need to kep it up. Thanks for your presence, support and for pitching in.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mexican Trucks Flowing into US beginning Sept 6.

Dear Bubba,
    Thank you for contacting my office to share your concerns about Mexican truck companies being able to ship freight into the United States. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.
    The current system allows certain Mexican trucks to travel 20-25 miles past the border in order to transfer cargo to U.S. trucks. On August 17, 2007, the Department of Transportation announced that it will proceed with a year-long pilot program, which will allow 100 authorized Mexican carriers to make deliveries past the existing 20-25 mile limit. Before spending any funds or approving applications of Mexican trucking companies, the Department of Transportation has been working to satisfy safety requirements set by the FY 2002 Transportation Appropriations Act. The proposed pilot program will require all Mexican drivers to hold a valid commercial drivers license, carry proof that they are medically fit, comply with U.S. hours-of-service rules, and be able to understand English. In addition, the trucking companies must be insured with a U.S. licensed firm, and meet all U.S. safety standards.
    In spite of these precautions, I too am concerned about the enforcement of safety and maintenance standards. Both the Senate and House of Representatives have held hearings considering the current status of cross-border trucking operations, and continue to evaluate safety and economic concerns. I will carefully review any relevant legislation that may come before the United States Senate, and am devoted to protecting the safety, economic development, and well-being of our country and state.
    Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me over the next six years.

Sincerely,
    Bob Corker
    United States Senator: Tennessee

working4change
    I have contacted my senators for what it is worth...also tepid responses from aides. I have followed up with faxes and emails and worked on other states. I have emailed friends and relatives who have emailed and called their reps. Let's just keep the heat up high!

April
    Quote Originally Posted by working4change
    I have contacted my senators for what it is worth...also tepid responses from aides. I have followed up with faxes and emails and worked on other states. I have emailed friends and relatives who have emailed and called their reps. Let's just keep the heat up high!
    I have been calling,faxing and emailing and will continue through Friday!
    THE HEAT MUST BE KEPT ON HIGH!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Response from Barbara Boxer:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the safety of Mexican-owned trucks on U.S. highways. I share your concerns and am pleased to report that Congress recently acted to address them.

As you may know, the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) contained a provision to give Mexican trucks access to U.S. roads. During the debate over NAFTA, I joined many members of Congress in raising critical safety concerns about this provision and in working to pass legislation requiring Mexican trucks to meet certain safety standards before gaining full access to the Unites States.

The Bush Administration recently claimed it had met the standards set by Congress and announced its intention to begin a one-year pilot program that would allow Mexican trucks to drive anywhere in our country.

I am deeply concerned about these trucks entering the United States . I strongly believe that the drivers of these trucks should have valid commercial driving licenses and comply with our hours-of-service laws. The trucks should adhere to our weight limit regulations and clean air requirements.

That is why I am pleased to report that legislation (H.R.2206) signed into law on May 25, 2007 contains a provision requiring the Administration to meet even stricter safety standards before implementing the pilot program.

We must protect the air quality and safety of our communities, and we must also ensure that these trucks meet our transportation safety standards. Rest assured that I am closely monitoring this situation and will keep working to protect the safety of the American people and environment.

Again, thank you for writing to me. Please keep in touch with me about this and any other issue of concern to you.

Barbara Boxer
    United States Senator

Please visit my website at http://boxer.senate.gov

Sounds like she's going to do....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Should I be surprised?

Re: Help stop Mexican trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Onthebeach
    In addition to my senators and representetive, I have either called or e-mailled twenty five senators from other states as well as each of the announced presidential candidates. Tepid response and / or "I'll pass the message" seems to be standard. I also plan to attempt to run a few fax machines out of paper.

The question for ALI-PAC is; since this was proposed by the other bush as a part of NAFTA, which raped our manufacturing sector, then signed into law by clinton, another open borders advocate, and now followed up on by li'l bush, the emporer, why the hell are we waiting till the trucks are rolling to begin this "stop the trucks" campaign?
    Three things.

1. ALIPAC has been fighing many battles and the truck battle is just one. Our time and resources and focus is stretched thin.

2. We started alerting people about the truck on our boards a long time back.

3. We truthfully have been straining our brains about what to do about the trucks and now at the last we are trying to do what we can since no better plan of action has come to mind.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Help stop the Mexican trucks filled with drugs and illegals!

I have watched two Dallas newscasts tonight which both used the protests of U.S. truckers in Laredo as an means of in effect doing a public relations piece on Mexican trucks being allowed into the United States beginning today. Each stated that 32 companies had obtained permits to begin the program as of today's starting date.

More infuriating, both newscasts also stated that "all Mexican trucks will be required to meet the same standards as American trucks." The CBS affiliate also told us that it is "hoped that this program will strengthen relationships with the Mexican government." All of the English language news stations in north Texas dote upon the Mexican government and its whims because Mexico is Texas's largest trading partner.

Help Stop the Mexican trucks filled with drugs and illegals!

The above post was to have been entered under General Discussion, "Action Alert!!! Mexican Trucks!! Need Data Collection". Apology.

That's OK Tex.

I'm glad I didn't watch the new. I might have lost a TV tonight.

Dixie

I am including the information that you requested. This was a statement that Senator Isakson made.

I contacted the U.S. Department of Transportation and learned that Secretary Mary Peters placed strict safety guidelines upon those companies wishing to participate in this particular program. All safety requirements and equipment will be examined by U.S. officials and held up to the same standards as those placed on U.S. truckers. I will continue to monitor this situation as it progresses and will keep your opinions in mind.

Thank you,

Kathie Miller

Director of Constituent Services
    Senator Johnny Isakson, Georgia
    120 Russell Senate Office Building
    Washington, D.C. 20510
    202- 224-3643
    202-228-0724 fax
    Kathie_Miller@Isakson.senate.gov

He's not doing anything!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast