Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I believe that you have to get a permit to legally put flyers on people's cars don't you? And there is a littering issue if the wind blows them all over or if people throw them out in some areas. I'd be leery of doing that.

Plus, many cars have alarm systems that go off if someone touches the cars. Won't you be setting off alarms?

There are, however, public bulletin boards in almost every grocery store, many mom and pop style restaurants, etc. Those are the places I hang up flyers. And I stick them in envelopes and mail them to the appropriate people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    I believe that you have to get a permit to legally put flyers on people's cars don't you?
    I'm not so sure about that. I have gotten plenty of flyers on my windshield in parking lots like Wal-Mart and other such places. I really doubt that the people who left these flyers on my windshield and the surrounding cars had a permit.

I have heard of having to have a permit to put flyers in certain places. I'm not sure what these were. Maybe on people's doorsteps, in mailboxes, or handing them out in the street. I'm not to sure what they were but it would be a good idea to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    This just in... some activists are mailing the flyers to local businesses using the yellow pages and chamber of commerce lists. They are using their own addresses for return or the ALIPAC address or no address in some cases.

Great idea! Mail them to businesses.

W
    That's what I did here in Northern AZ. Got my chamber of commerce book out and mailed about 50 fliers this weekend to businesses in the area.
    Hoping to send about 50 more in the next few days.
    We live about 100 miles from Las Vegas which I have found out is almost the capital of illegal daily labor so we have been thinking of targeting construction businesses over there.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

Great stuff! I hope we get more calls again this week like we did last week.

Our friends at the Burbank Home Depot protest put them out as well.

We are getting the word out and getting the job done despite the national press ignoring this effort.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ALIPAC, I'm about convinced that we are better off withouth press coverage after what they have done to everyone so far who dares speak out against illegal immigrants. I don't know if they are in between a rock and a hard place, scared or what, but they most certainly aren't doing any sort of public service by way of informing people what is really happening in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedup
    I believe that you have to get a permit to legally put flyers on people's cars don't you?
    I'm not so sure about that. I have gotten plenty of flyers on my windshield in parking lots like Wal-Mart and other such places. I really doubt that the people who left these flyers on my windshield and the surrounding cars had a permit.

I have heard of having to have a permit to put flyers in certain places. I'm not sure what these were. Maybe on people's doorsteps, in mailboxes, or handing them out in the street. I'm not to sure what they were but it would be a good idea to look into it.
    Alright, I did some research and I'm back. First let me start with the windshield wiper thing. I found out that in some it's illegal because of safety reasons incase the driver doesn't see it and he/she starts driving and it somehow opens up. I know it sounds stupid. Here in Illinois, I have had flyers on my windshield lots of times, so I'm guessing that it's ok here. I would recommend checking the laws for the area you live in. I don't think there is such a thing as having a permit to put flyers on windshields. I think that you either can or can't depending on where you live.

As far as mailboxes, stay away from them. They are considered Federal property and you can't put anything inside or outside of them.

If you are going to stand on someone's private property and distribute flyers, you will need permission from the property owner.

Great idea John! I'll start on realtors in the morning!

Why can't we edit our posts in this thread? I tried to edit my last post when what I did was to hit the quote button thinking that I hit the edit button. I fixed the error but I'm quoting myself two times. Can the admin delete the second one, the duplicate of the first?

I still need to fix the error in my first post. I was wondering if there is a way I can edit it. Why don't we have the option to edit our posts in thread? Where is the edit button?

ALIPAC, I'm about convinced that we are better off withouth press coverage after what they have done to everyone so far who dares speak out against illegal immigrants. I don't know if they are in between a rock and a hard place, scared or what, but they most certainly aren't doing any sort of public service by way of informing people what is really happening in this country.
    You're right. They don't inform the American people to what's really going on. The media is not our friend. I'm not going to get into that because it has nothing to do with what is being discussed on this board. But if you do research to who really controls/owns the media and what their personal agenda is, you will learn alot.

The media is just another political tool used for those who control it to keep the American people in the dark about some issues while feeding us garbage to make us believe certain other things that aren't true or that aren't really they way they make it out to be. It has become a tool of propaganda and that's a shame.

I'm not saying that everything in the media isn't real, after all, they can't make it too obvious.

Lou Dobbs seems to be the only thing I've seen on tv that talks about these important issues. I'm still amazed that it's allowed by the media moguls.

The media is doing a lot better now than they were a year ago.

Part of the equation is control by big corporations and liberal ideologies.

Another part of the equation is that people inside of the media have institutional lag on this issue.

I remember a year ago when there was one or two articles around the country on this topic on any given day.

Now, there is more news coming in than we can handle!

W

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast