Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Welcome, UncleEnore and JudiBug! And if this was a translation of the speech made in the US, there has to be someone a little more fluent in English to provide that translation, because the majority of it does not make much sense. All I have been able to gather is that they want to vote the way the party tells them to vote--saves a lot of thinking and research about the issues, huh?
    Anyway, keep roaming and contribute your thoughts, as we are an opinionated bunch, and there are plenty of posts to make one worry about what else can go wrong in this country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama tapped a top Cabinet official on Thursday to work with Congress to speed immigration reform as senators warned another failed effort could doom chances for a generation.

"Despite our inability to get this passed over the last several years, the American people still want to see a solution," Obama told reporters after meeting with Democratic and Republican lawmakers.

Obama said he had asked Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano to meet regularly with lawmakers to systematically work through a number of controversial issues, such as how to handle the 12 million illegal immigrants already in the United States and how to prevent future illegal immigration.

"It's going to require some heavy lifting. It's going to require a victory of practicality and common sense and good policymaking over short-term politics," Obama said.

Congress failed in 2006 and 2007 to pass immigration reform despite a push by former Republican President George W. Bush.

Earlier this year, Vice President Joe Biden said the U.S. economic slump and soaring unemployment made it a bad time to take on the issue, which stirs up strong emotions on both sides of the immigration debate.

But Obama, who has been criticized for not following through on a campaign pledge to tackle the issue this year, said the White House and Democratic-controlled Congress need to start pushing now to pass legislation and "not put it off for a year, two years, three years, five years from now."

Senator John McCain, the Republican who lost to Obama in last year's presidential election, told reporters the reforms also must include a temporary worker program for agricultural and high-tech industries that rely on non-U.S. citizen labor.

"I can't support any proposal that doesn't have a legal temporary worker program and I would expect the president of the United States to put his influence on the unions in order to change their position," McCain said.

Democratic Senator Charles Schumer told reporters after the White House meeting that Obama had set a goal of passing legislation by the end of this year or early next year.

If Congress cannot meet that deadline, "we may not get to do it for a generation," Schumer said.

Senator Lindsey Graham, a Republican, also said he saw only "one more chance" to pass a bill because of the political heat that immigration reform stirs up.

"If we can't get it done this time around, no politician is going to take this up in a generation. That would be a shame for this country," Graham said.

__________________________________________________ ___________

If all these pro-amnesty people are correct, at least if we beat them this time we won't have to fight them again for a while. Then maybe we can get some real reform (can you say deportation?). And when are they going to stop using this 12 million figure? If you believe them, it's been 12 million for the last eight years or so.
    LGBTQ (Let's Get Biden To Quit)

Is this better, Vortex honey

I have the honor to address you on behalf of Pro-PAN with committees of Illinois at Chicago and Elgin.

Almost from the time of its founding in 1939, the National Action Party was dedicated to Mexican concerns of justice, equality and democracy, the special circumstances of Mexicans in the United States, and the hope of building a better future and seeing a just and generous Mexico.

The Mexican ideals contained in the doctrine of national action are to be accustomed to work, to fight for and accomplish the goals and achievements of our party. The doctrine of the NAP is sufficient, generous, and is inclusive because it is national in the sense that it is rooted in the concept of the nation's founded without borders or ports.

If nations were only a geographical segment and nothing else, then we could have the United Nations and the Organization of American States (probably all of Mexico, Latin America and Canada), both with offices in the United States.

It is in this nation (the US), our nation, which we based our political concerns, widespread public work in Chicago, so we appeal to the leaders of the National Action Party for all PAN members based in the United States to given included in the production of the rules, regulations, platforms and forums such as this.

Let us have the right to vote in US elections today. Presidente Vicente Fox's Forum/Group, whom we have had in Chicago, has twice voted to make this a universal human right bringing the immigrants in the context of the talks with the U.S. president with results that may well seen early in an immigration agreement. We expect 2006 to be happy to vote for the blue and white flag.

Again we think that the work of the National Action Party will depend on our leaders to write the laws and how much the news media will report on the meetings of more than 20 million Mexicans north of Mexico's border. It has been established in the evidence of good citizenship that we made up a large majority of the Mexicans citizens in 1994 and 2000 in Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, New York, the the fields of Iowa, Illinois and California. It is the PAN, it's Mexicans who endorsed the idea that "someday" mono-partisanship would disappear, be beaten and replaced with a flag-for National Action.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    --(Attributed to) Benjamin Franklin

Re: I'm a new guy here...

[quote="UncleEnore"]...and I'm wondering if issues are discussed here, or only the technical composition of the pieces mentioned.[/quote]

Welcome UncleEnore.

We discuss both issues and technical composition of pieces mentioned.

Once you've been here awhile, you will come to realize that W.....always highly professional and very well spoken.....is a stickler when it comes to his compositions and, being so busy and rushed, needs to know that he can depend on the rest of us to help out wherever necessary. And sometimes that even includes proofreading.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The press bias is going all out this time. Im not seeing inclusion of hardly any of our pro enforcement vs amnesty side in these articles!

W

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    [quote="UncleEnore"]...and I'm wondering if issues are discussed here, or only the technical composition of the pieces mentioned.

Welcome UncleEnore.

Once you've been here awhile, you will come to realize that W.....always highly professional and very well spoken.....is a stickler when it comes to his compositions and, being so busy and rushed, needs to know that he can depend on the rest of us to help out wherever necessary. And sometimes that even includes proofreading.[/quote]

Thanks AZ, it's true that I can misspell Dog on a bad day when rushed and multi tasking.

When possible I'll write up the alert or one of us will then everyone else works it over a few times.

All said and done, most of our alerts have had at least three to five us work on them.

Thus "The ALIPAC Team" is the appropriate signature.

W

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    [quote="UncleEnore"]...and I'm wondering if issues are discussed here, or only the technical composition of the pieces mentioned.

Welcome UncleEnore.

Once you've been here awhile, you will come to realize that W.....always highly professional and very well spoken.....is a stickler when it comes to his compositions and, being so busy and rushed, needs to know that he can depend on the rest of us to help out wherever necessary. And sometimes that even includes proofreading.
    Thanks AZ, it's true that I can misspell Dog on a bad day when rushed and multi tasking.

When possible I'll write up the alert or one of us will then everyone else works it over a few times.

All said and done, most of our alerts have had at least three to five us work on them.

Thus "The ALIPAC Team" is the appropriate signature.

W[/quote]

You're welcome W.......

It always helps to have a helper or two around and pitching in is what makes a team, not to mention a family.

Alipac.....The Ultimate A-Team

Would any of you be interested in a little history of US involvement by both Republicans and Democrats with PAN (Partido Accion Nacional)?

Excerpts from "From PAN to neo-Pan" posted by Colin Brayton in 16 April 2007 on the website "The New Market Machines".
    http://cbrayton.wordpress.com/2007/04/1 ... o-neo-pan/

When did your taxpayer dollars go to work influencing other people’s elections? In the case of PAN: 1989...

A critic and a scholar of Mexico’s National Action Party (PAN), of which he was a member until 1992, when he left for the PFDD, Jorge Eugenio Ortiz Gallegos reviews an important aspect of the party’s history in the chapter “Foreign Money,â€
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

This is just my opinion but I don't think Reagan had any idea where this would lead. In fact I wonder how much aware he was of what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by JudiBug
    This is just my opinion but I don't think Reagan had any idea where this would lead. In fact I wonder how much aware he was of what was going on.
    JudiBug - Welcome to ALIPAC.

I agree about Reagan. I think he was supposed to be a smart enough man. But I cannot for the life of me figure out what he was thinking advocating the 1986 amnesty. Many of us old enough to have been aware of it at the time, KNEW it would only reinforce and therefore increase illegal immigration. That is just a very basic principle of human behavior. And many of us doubted the government would really keep their promise to secure the borders.

I'm not just saying this after the fact, we knew it at the time, it was OBVIOUS. Unfortunately, I have never been a Reagan fan because of it, though I know he did some other great things. But the 1986 amnesty was a BIG mistake that started us down a terrible road, and for me it overshadows the other things he accomplished.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast