Page 46 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lou always said we are the smartest audience and we are

We are smart enough to know when we have been gamed. Lou is a "wordsmith" who is very expert at all the fine nuances of the words in this debate. He told her they (illegals) now have a friend in Lou. Working together to find a solution means a much different thing than "attrition through enforcement". Lou always said the only "rational player" in this (illegal invasion) drama was the illegal alien. I always harshly disagreed with this analysis. What is not rational about "attrition through enforcement" as advocated by Numbers USA. Lou knows that using the lanquage he did: legalization in some circumstances, means opening the floodgates of amnesty. It is a total reversal of what he said on his show for years. In my book this is hypocricy. He always criticized the politicians for pandering on illegal immigration and now he does it because he might be interested in running for office, that is hypocricy of the highest order. My God, I wouldn't want to go down the river with this man, or depend on him in a foxhole. What a douche!

Quote Originally Posted by Marge3
    Well, I was disappointed and have 3 comments.

#1 Lou should not pander to a separatist group and open up with "Sorry, I am not speaking Spanish". Good grief. This is America and you don't have to apologize for speaking English.
    #2. Lou mentioned a "Bridge to legalizaton". I have never heard him say that before. Until you do an assessment of the problem, you should not propose solutions. Most of know there are closer to 30 million illegal aliens here and any approach to legalization for even half of them will transform our political structure forever to the detriment of our culture and standard of living.
    #3. Lou is misguided if he thinks he can win in a race against Menendez in NJ and he diminishes himself by attempting to win over this audience for their support. We all know how ethno-centric and biased the Telemundo audience as this group prefers to be separate and will vote for anyone named Menendez over someone named Dobbs.
    No need to play nice guy. We are losing this country and need to fight for American values. Hispanics are not monolithic but everyone seems to treat them as such and think that they only care about how we can help illegal aliens. Is there any other issue that they care about? Lou did not need to back down to the attacks about his guests comments. The doctor he quoted was right about the effects of illegal aliens on US public health. There was no need to call her racist or despicable. Her facts were published in a scientific journal (peer-reviewed) and had nothing to do with her personal beliefs. And yes, if 27% of our federal prisons are filled with ILLEGAL ALIENS, why wouldn't TELEMUNDO be outraged and demand their deportation? You can't deal with unreasonable folks. Anyone who argues that illegals are not a significant crime problem in the US is living in denial and not worth wasting any of your time. If Lou panders to this ethno-centric racist group of separatists, he wont do well politically. The fire among moderates and independents is about preserving America and what it stands for and for politicians that speak the truth and match their policies with their words.
    Welcome to ALIPAC, Marge3. Good points you made in your first post.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Re: Lou always said we are the smartest audience and we are

Quote Originally Posted by makemwearpinkpanties
    We are smart enough to know when we have been gamed. Lou is a "wordsmith" who is very expert at all the fine nuances of the words in this debate. He told her they (illegals) now have a friend in Lou. Working together to find a solution means a much different thing than "attrition through enforcement". Lou always said the only "rational player" in this (illegal invasion) drama was the illegal alien. I always harshly disagreed with this analysis. What is not rational about "attrition through enforcement" as advocated by Numbers USA. Lou knows that using the lanquage he did: legalization in some circumstances, means opening the floodgates of amnesty. It is a total reversal of what he said on his show for years. In my book this is hypocricy. He always criticized the politicians for pandering on illegal immigration and now he does it because he might be interested in running for office, that is hypocricy of the highest order. My God, I wouldn't want to go down the river with this man, or depend on him in a foxhole. What a douche!
    I like your username:..
    ------------------------

The fact of the matter as it stands now Lou Dobbs isn't who writes legislation for illegal immigration. Any time legislation comes up on the issue of amnesty, the legislature always broadens it so that more are covered than what originally appeared to be intended. That is why we can't allow amnesty legislation at all. Maybe those that haven't been involved in this struggle don't understand that. It might not be that bad to open the door for a few, but it just wouldn't stay that way due to the way the legislation is written. So, when you argue maybe Dobbs is better than most you deceive yourself on what the outcome would be.

Lou Dobbs

I have always thought Lou Dobbs to be weak. He was okay by himself on his show giving his opinion, but every time he had a guest, he was a weakling. Though I really don't like O'Reilly, at least he doesn't let a guest overpower him.

Dobbs even let O'Reilly overpower him when he was on his show. Dobbs is a nice man but we don't need a nice guy right now. We need someone with a backbone and who will say what he means and do as he says.

That interview was so sickening, I had to stop after the Joe Arpaio question. Dobbs has to apologize for not speaking Spanish? Are you kidding me? He can't give any facts that illegals do bring in diseases that we haven't seen in years because no one is checking them?

But the worst was the Arpaio question. He can't stand up for the only law enforcement agent in the United States who is actually doing his job and protecting us? That was a no brainer and Dobbs failed.

Compromising our principles got us John McCain. Dobbs would be the same. I would never vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Quote Originally Posted by LAPhil
    OK, it's working now. Anyway, that's how you do it. I had the same question for the group not too long ago myself.
    Is that something the webmaster has to do for the whole forum?
    No, you can do it yourself. Just scroll down the page for Your Info until you get to the line for the time adjustment. You'll see it.
    WOW!! I just fixed it! Thank you SO MUCH for this information, LAPhil. For EST, it's GMT -5 hours folks! This is fantastic. I can't thank you enough.

redoaklady! THANK YOU for raising the question, so LAPhil could help us find the answer. Others may have already known this, but I've been in La La Time for years.

I figured it out a few months ago, and changed mine also. Once you do it, the time changes immediately even on all your old posts. I was also in la-la land about it for a while. I just thought the time was set that way by ALIPAC website for some reason, and/or couldn't be changed.

You are very welcome - the problem is - although all of you seem to have figured it out - I'm still in the dark about it! I found the place to change it on 'my account' - but I have no clue as to what time it should say - If EST is GMT - 5 hours, what would central time be - (it's 6 here when it's 5 there - GMT - 6 hours?). can I get any more help - I think sometimes I'm just 'hopeless'! I am glad I asked the question and could be of help to several - but it didn't quite help ME lol.

Lou Dobbs interview

After watching Lou Dobbs interview on the Spanish network Telemnudo I feel he was ill prepared for the interview although he did fairly well overall. If I had been him I would have had more facts to back up what ever was going to be presented which he must have been able to guess what that would be from the start. I feel Lou was sounding much too much like a politician and lees like a journalist. He has had strong opinions on illegal immigration in the past on his show from what I have been told however during this interview he seemed more wishy-washy. He did not impress me as to being as knowledgeable on the subject of illegal immigration as one would have expected for someone who wanted to take on this issue.

It's good to hear the views from the new comers who just joined. Good insights, guys!

[quote=redoaklady]
    Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    Quote Originally Posted by "LAPhil":pt5n7r9i
    OK, it's working now. Anyway, that's how you do it. I had the same question for the group not too long ago myself.
    Is that something the webmaster has to do for the whole forum?
    No, you can do it yourself. Just scroll down the page for Your Info until you get to the line for the time adjustment. You'll see it.
    WOW!! I just fixed it! Thank you SO MUCH for this information, LAPhil. For EST, it's GMT -5 hours folks! This is fantastic. I can't thank you enough.

redoaklady! THANK YOU for raising the question, so LAPhil could help us find the answer. Others may have already known this, but I've been in La La Time for years.

I figured it out a few months ago, and changed mine also. Once you do it, the time changes immediately even on all your old posts. I was also in la-la land about it for a while. I just thought the time was set that way by ALIPAC website for some reason, and/or couldn't be changed.

You are very welcome - the problem is - although all of you seem to have figured it out - I'm still in the dark about it! I found the place to change it on 'my account' - but I have no clue as to what time it should say - If EST is GMT - 5 hours, what would central time be - (it's 6 here when it's 5 there - GMT - 6 hours?). can I get any more help - I think sometimes I'm just 'hopeless'! I am glad I asked the question and could be of help to several - but it didn't quite help ME lol.[/quotet5n7r9i]

GMT - 6 hours? Yes!

Maria Celeste & Lou Dobbs

I posted this at the site of the video, but I'll try to do it again here.
    I believe Dobbs was calm & right on target with his responses, as well as ultra-polite & NON-combative with Maria.
    Maria was poker-faced as she challenged Dobbs, trying to get him to implicate himself in what she put forth as misdeeds, rather than errors on the part of ad libbers on his old show.
    I've had several Hispanics tell me how warm, demonstrative, emotional & loving they are as a people, & I heard Maria say how she represents ALL Hispanics (!) yet she was none of these things, she was - as I said - poker-faced & very cool as she shot questions at Dobbs. So basically, she was just acting the way all TV interviewers generally are supposed to behave.

Regrettably, Maria is unable to utter the very accurate words, "illegal immigrants." Too bad reality hasn't caught up with her. When it does, she may be knocked off her feet, right onto her tush.