Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The Untold Story of American Workers Vs. Illegal Immigration

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Welcome SavantNoir and informative post, thank you.

Yes, legal immigrants are welcome. Too many are still waiting to come legally and we applaud them for respecting and obeying our laws.

Law breakers and cheaters are not welcome, at least by most law abiding citizens.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is a nightmare; and Americans are screaming; and our governments aren't listening or helping us any. WHAT NEXT!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What's Next?

The EFCA (Employees Free Choice Act) (H.R. 800/S. 1041)

Elimination of Secret Ballot: This legislation mandates that a union be recognized if a majority of employees in a designated bargaining unit sign authorization cards. This is the provision from which the nickname for the bill, "card check," comes. If this provision is enacted, the current system where a federally supervised election process with secret ballots determines whether employees will have a union in their workplace would be effectively eliminated. The secret ballot ensures that neither the employer nor the union knows how someone votes. If the bill becomes law, no union would take their chance on an election when getting a few more signatures would guarantee them victory. In contrast to the secret ballot, the card check process would expose employees to a "free for all" environment where any tactic for getting a signature could be used. It has been well established through court cases, precedent under the National Labor Relations Act, and testimony on Capitol Hill of former union organizers that the card check process of obtaining signatures is routinely characterized by harassment, intimidation, and coercion, including employees being threatened in their homes and other locations away from the workplace.

Writing contracts through government imposed arbitration: The second provision would result in contracts being written by federal arbitrators instead of the process of collective bargaining and negotiating. Currently, after a union has been recognized, the parties bargain to a first contract where there are protections to make sure both sides negotiate in good faith. Under EFCA, if a first contract is not agreed to within 120 days (which is an extremely short time period for these negotiations) the matter would have to be submitted to binding interest arbitration and a contract developed by a panel with likely no understanding of the business, or the competitive forces it faces, would be imposed on the company for two years. This contract would cover precise details of how that business would operate for the duration of the contract such as the wages, benefits, ability to use employees most productively, and how many employees would be used for specific tasks. This process would virtually always result in a contract that is beyond what the employer is prepared to accept and provides a strong incentive for the union to undermine the collective bargaining process to ensure that the process lasts long enough to end in binding arbitration. Finally, this provision would result in employees losing a second vote since they would have no opportunity to ratify the contract as they currently have in most cases. In a recent poll of registered voters conducted by the Chamber, 75 percent of the respondents preferred a system that encourages good faith negotiations, while only 16 percent preferred a system where government arbitrators write the contract. While the card check provision has received most of the attention in the media, this provision is regarded as equally offensive to employers.

Unreasonable and one-sided penalty expansion: Finally, the Employee Free Choice Act imposes dramatic new penalties on employers for violations of the National Labor Relations Act, but not a single new penalty on unions or labor organizers. Under one provision of the new penalty structure, employers would be vulnerable to an injunction reinstating a dismissed employee if that employee, or the union seeking to represent him or her, merely alleges that the dismissal was because of union activity. Such a low threshold makes a mockery of traditional labor law due process.

The unions are salivating and the current elect administration are having wet dreams over this insidious piece of legislation. In essence, it will unionize 105 million disenfranchised workers, giving complete control of all companies and workers to the hands of the Democrats. This will be passed within the next 30 days, and the voting demographics in this country will be forever one-sided. There is NOTHING worse then this at the moment.

I am at a loss of how to get this out to world so everyone can just bombard their Congressmen and Senators, but for anyone reading this, please do so...and spread the word!

I don't typically relish receiving e-mails from ALIPAC all that much because I realize the content, even though nearly always completely truthful, is hazardous to my health and my sense of well being. I guess that I've resorted to a coping strategy of keeping my head partially buried in the sand in order to escape the reality of what is happening in and to my country and thereby avoiding the ensuing anger that always arises. But, this article was exceptionally well written in that it did such an excellent job of encompassing and solidifying so many of the causes as well as the effects of what we have seen unfolding that I wanted to say thank you for writing and sending it. The supporting and enlightening comments added here were appreciated too.

It's nice to see some enlightenment in the dark ages of anti-reason. Incidentally, as far as "Ernesto "Che" Guevara" is concerned, I didn't see anything in that note that either intelligently refuted anything in the article or rationally supported whatever point he was trying to bully across. I think one of the primary incentives for most of us "supporters" is to avoid putting more of us into the shoes of "these people" by preventing excessive immigration that causes ever lower wages and ever more scarce essential commodities -- like food. Why in the world would we want to put ourselves into shoes of desperation? (I doubt that my "fat ass" would fit in a shoe anyway.) Massive immigration is not the backbone of our economy; but it's rather what broke the back of the economy (in part) precisely because real wages for many were falling and costs for essentials were rising and that resulted in the beginning of the fall that was flamed by failing mandated/coerced mortgages that should never have existed. If the economy really needed massive numbers of imported workers, then why year after year of government easy money economic stimulus always with the justification of needing to create more jobs? Of course, our illegals will typically add more overhead to an economy than value contributed resulting in a net loss; although they do definitely contribute to fatter wallets for a select few who can make hefty political contributions. Promoting cancer research may be a worthwhile cause, but that doesn't diminish (and has nothing to do with) the real negative consequences of out of control and unenforced immigration policy. Oh well, I imagine that to Ernesto "Che" Guevara most everything is indeed a racist rally. I never did figure out what V****V meant, though.

OK, gang. I have totally had it with the illegal invaders. I mean ZERO tolerance. I can't believe an old hippie like myself has arrived at this. I am willing to donate (a little) money. Hey, I'm poor. What I do have, though, is plenty of time. I am not a leader, but I am not a follower either. Give me suggestions! I am ready to fight and I am looking for other central Floridians to join up with.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Welcome to ALIPAC blossom
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by blossom
    OK, gang. I have totally had it with the illegal invaders. I mean ZERO tolerance. I can't believe an old hippie like myself has arrived at this. I am willing to donate (a little) money. Hey, I'm poor. What I do have, though, is plenty of time. I am not a leader, but I am not a follower either. Give me suggestions! I am ready to fight and I am looking for other central Floridians to join up with.

WELCOME TO ALIPAC BLOSSOM We have another battle on the horizon so I suggest you get some rest, take a picture of yourself so your family will remember what you look like and charge up your phones. The last dream act battle I only got to leave my computer room for restroom breaks lol. There will be 535 members of congress to call, then call again. emails and faxes to write, editorials for your local paper ect. So far we have won the battles and have managed to keep amnesty and the DREAM ACT at bay. With Obama in and full majorities in both the house and senate, this will be our toughest battle yet, but victory WILL be ours.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Very well written and very informative William. Thank you

[quote]you know what V****V you and your supporters. america wouldnt be what it is without immigrants doing the work you fat lazy americans refuse to do. they are the backbone of our economy and will continue to be so. try fighting for meaningful things that actually make sense instead of immigration. put your fat ass in the shoes of these people and then maybe youll open your eyes a little more instead of opening them for a double cheeseburger. use your support funds and wasted time for cancer research or homeless shelters or education instead of something that you guys really dont know about. to mee its more of a racist rally than a supposed "fighting for american workers" one.

“Sueña y serás libre en espÃ*ritu, lucha y serás libre en vidaâ€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

welcome to ALIPAC blossom , Savantnoir, and kitka.........

Hopefully no one gets offended from what I had previously written here

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast