Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We held the line!

Friends of ALIPAC,

We would like to thank all of you who contributed and worked so hard on this year's elections. Together, we endorsed more candidates than ever before and were able to reach more people than ever before with our recommendations. We also set a new organizational record for the amount of money we spent and the support we could offer candidates who stand with you against amnesty and for more immigration enforcement.

For Democrats, Obama won and the party picked up some new seats in the US Senate and House. Obama promised a path to citizenship for illegal aliens just like McCain and the strong dissatisfaction with the Bush administration was stronger and more dominant than it was in 2006. The good news for our side is that many Democrats ran to the right of their Republican opposition to win. We saw more Democrats touting how they would be tough on immigration enforcement than ever before. How many of them mean it is anyone's guess, but we will soon launch an operation to bring more Democrat members of Congress to our side.

Today in the Republican Party, the message should be clear. You don't screw over your base and still think you can win! McCain's problem was not with swing voters. You could not get more 'swing' than McCain. His problem was with the conservative base, as illustrated by the fact he was only briefly winning in the polls after he selected Sarah Palin. It is acknowledged that Palin energized the base, but once the Palin effect faded due to her mirroring McCain on all issues including a pledge for amnesty for illegal aliens made to Univision, McCain was losing again.

Of special note is how McCain promised illegal alien supporters in the Hispanic community and many other communities everything he thought they wanted to hear. He promised Amnesty on Univision and touted his leadership pushing Comprehensive Immigration Reform Amnesty in 2006 and 2007. While Hispanic voters traditionally vote 65% Democrat, Obama received just 66% of the Hispanic vote this year. What we should now call "McCain's Gamble" failed to pay off. Ditching your base and pandering to illegal alien supporters was a huge mistake that likely cost him any chance at winning this election.

Let every Republican know that the national precedent has been set in stone. Promising illegal aliens a path to citizenship will NOT DELIVER you the Hispanic vote for many reasons.

Now, the GOP has a chance to clean house within the party. The coaches and leaders who failed the party and the American public need to go. The people like Lindsey Graham, John McCain, George Bush, and the other band of sellouts in the GOP leadership need a firm kick in their rear on their way down the ladder of the Party leadership.

Now, for some good news.

The good news is that while everyone will endure some jubilation and gloating from the Democrats through the inauguration next year, the honeymoon will be short lived against the backdrop of a nation that is coming apart.

We are now poised for a significant backlash in 2010 similar to what happened in 1994, after Clinton won in 1992. This coming backlash will provide us with our best opportunity yet, to elect more candidates who are in alignment with the public on immigration issues.

---

WE HELD THE LINE IN THE SENATE!

We were sad to see Lindsey Graham reelected and Dole and Sunnunu lose. Yes, losing an amnesty opponent like Dole will hurt us next year. But the good news is that Obama does not have the 60 votes he needs to pass AMNESTY in the Senate, IF we can stop McCain and his band of sellouts in the Senate from joining with the Democrats to pass it.

The Democrats, with their sellout Republicans like McCain and Graham will soon try to push for the following three things which are nation breakers. Probably in this order.

1. New laws restricting free speech on talk radio and the Internet, similar to the Fairness Doctrine, that will try to stop these communication channels from sharing the truth with Americans or rallying opposition to the Globalist agenda including Amnesty.

2. A path to citizenship for millions of illegal aliens to try and turn them into voters before 2010 or 2012. A new block of over 12 million illegal aliens turned into citizens and voters would solidify their open borders plans and destroy all future hopes for immigration enforcement.

3. New restrictions on 2nd Amendment rights to assure that the law abiding population of the US is completely defenseless against any criminal conduct from thugs in suits or leather, corporations, government, or gangs.

Many of our analysts feel that Obama is less likely to get these measures through Congress than McCain, especially since the Democrats did not sweep the Senate by gaining over 60 seats. We may actually now be in a better position to stop Amnesty than we were before the election.

---

Illegal Alien SNEAK Plays Defeated.

We are very pleased to announce, that thanks to you and our allied organizations, on the ground in Florida and Arizona, two pro-illegal alien ballot initiatives were defeated on Election Day. The illegal alien supporters tried to make these measures sound pro-enforcement on the ballot to trick voters, but we all worked together to get the word out and the sneak plays failed! Arizona's Proposition 202 and Florida's Amendment No. 1 were defeated. Our allied groups from both states have been writing and calling to thank ALIPAC and ALIPAC supporters for the help defeating these.

The illegal alien supporters are so upset by these losses that the New York Times is taking a swipe at us in today's paper for our role in defeating the Florida measure. They are very upset that we were able to detect and defeat their sneak plays.

Read: New York Times Upset With ALIPAC Over Defeat of Proposition!
    http://www.alipac.us/article-3703-thread-1-0.html

---

Farewell to old friends.

The backlash against the GOP did take down a eight incumbents who were great on our issue. ALIPAC would like to thank US Senator Elizabeth Dole (R-NC), Representative Marilyn Musgrave (R-CO), Representative Tom Feeney (R-FL), Representative Bill Sali (R-ID), Representative Nancy Boyda (D-KS), Representative Robin Hayes (R-NC), Representative Steve Chabot (R-OH), and Representative Thelma Drake (R-VA)

We are sending letters to these fine folks thanking them for standing with the public on immigration and encouraging each of them to consider running again in 2010, when there should be a more favorable elections climate.

Several races are still up in the air and we are praying that Tom McClintock (R-CA), Virgil Goode (R-VA), and Chris Shays (R-CT) win in races that are to close to call and facing recounts at this time.

We would like to welcome new members to Congress who are on our team! We are pleased to announce the following challengers on our side who won their campaigns this year.

We would like to congratulate our endorsed candidates, Tom Rooney (R-FL-16), Jim Risch for US Senate (R-ID), John C. Fleming (R-LA), and Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) for winning their races as challengers campaigning on the issue of immigration enforcement over amnesty.

We lost 8, picked up at least 4, and three races important to us are still up in the air! The damage is not nearly as bad as we were afraid it could be this year.

ALIPAC's Endorsements Status

This year we were able to endorse and support more candidates than every before. We are working now to code the wins and loses. We will leave our endorsements page up for a week so you can check in on race outcomes.

Here is our working copy of the wins and losses....

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-137183.html

As you can see so far these are our stats.

Number of candidates Endorsed: 170
    Wins: 103
    Lost: 59
    Unknown: 8

We would like to give very special mention to Mayor Lou Barletta of Pennsylvania. While he did not win, he came very close to winning in a year when the wind was blowing against Republicans and challengers. The Democrat in the race tried to right of Lou on immigration.

We have to give very special mention to all of the ALIPAC volunteers and online leaders who have worked so hard on this effort. Words cannot express how much gratitude needs to be passed around.

We will update everyone soon as things progress.

Please take some time to rest and get this election season behind us. New battles await us in the near future and we need everyone motivated and ready to proceed by gearing up to fight against Amnesty in 2009 and for a historic wave of immigration enforcement candidates lined up for 2010.

The ALIPAC Team
    www.alipac.us
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

William,
    I know I have had some opposition to you in the past, But, I must say, right now, I am scared spitless. I am serving in Iraq right now, and I am hoping to start a business when I get home. Right now, I am limited in what I can do, but, I want to let you and ALL of ALIPAC know, that having had my eyes opened to what is going on over here (Yes, we ARE winning this war, but what country do I come home to after having fought for the USA?) Upon my return I am going to dedicate myself to eradicating the threats to our great nation. I can think of no finer organization, with no finer people, at no greater hour than this one. Thank you for the report, it helps a great deal. I stand with you, and God bless you, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!
    "I'm An American, and I'm PISSED OFF!!!"

Why thank you Arrow.

I personally want our troops home as soon as possible because many of them are going to be very upset when they get home and take action.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

With regard to your warning about the 2nd amendment, I am already seeing (with frightening regularity) a commercial about mothers losing their babies to gun violence. They would have us believe that the guns are the problem. I’m reminded of an interview several years ago with a woman who was in a restaurant when a maniac came in with guns a blazing. If I remember correctly, it was because of a gun control law that did not allow her the carry her gun into a public place that she left it in her car; otherwise she was sure could have taken the guy out before he murdered six people.

The problem is with criminals who acquire guns illegally; unfortunately they will not be the ones whose weaponry is stripped.
    <div>
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by melena29
    With regard to your warning about the 2nd amendment, I am already seeing (with frightening regularity) a commercial about mothers losing their babies to gun violence. They would have us believe that the guns are the problem. I’m reminded of an interview several years ago with a woman who was in a restaurant when a maniac came in with guns a blazing. If I remember correctly, it was because of a gun control law that did not allow her the carry her gun into a public place that she left it in her car; otherwise she was sure could have taken the guy out before he murdered six people.

The problem is with criminals who acquire guns illegally; unfortunately they will not be the ones whose weaponry is stripped.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined. Patrick Henry

Criminals aren't interested in abiding the law. That is why they are criminals. If the 2nd Ammendment gets trampled on, it will only be the first of rights to the constitution. For once it gone, we are truely enslaved. And don't expect the authorities to protect you. They have a nasty habit of showing up after the danger is gone, or the deed is done. It will take a lot to brake the 2nd Ammendment, and I for one will never surrender my personal protection, or the object that gives me the right to perform the last great act of defiance in the face of tyranny. For slowly tyranny has crept in the door, and like a shadow it has and will continue to infiltrate our lives until we are reduced to absolute despotism.

I'm not sure if they will go for the guns for for amnesty first, but I do believe suppressing talk radio and speech on the web will be attacked first.

They have to silence the debate before they can move successfully on the other two big items.

W

I feel pretty good about the future and our fight! I hope that we can try new strategies to help with our current ones that can change most peoples perception about what we stand for and do! We all have a chance right now of turning the tide and need to work together stronger than ever! We can do it!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

I also think we did ok with the congress, we also have the Dem. blue dogs that are more in the middle and that will help us.

What I see as our greatest challenge is the MSM and talk radio, we can not win this with out them.

I have written two letters last week to CNN, I can not believe how far left they went in the last 6 months, and them removing Glenn Beck was a slap in the face to Americans, but at least he is going to FOX the first of the year.

So it tells me the LaRaza's out there got to CNN now we are down to one MSM station that is FOX and we have got to make sure we do not lose them or that will really hurt our cause....

We need to keep flooding CNN and FOX with e-mails and get CNN back on our side if possible, the rest of the stations are hopeless.

And we can not let them pass the "Fairness Doctrine..

Everyone needs to e-mail CNN and let them know how disapointed we are in the stand they have taken against Americans and we need to praise FOX and thank them for reporting the truth. And we need to do it as much as possible we are going to need them when amnesty comes up or any law enforcement bills.

Your are right william all is not lost and we didn't do all that bad when it comes to congress...It will be a fight but so has the last 3 years, we can handle it!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

The market will decide the fate of the MSM. NBC, CBS and the others will eventually become a victim of their own blind stupidity. Fox has survived and thrived because they deliver what the market wants. The idiots who want to silence conservative media will fail. I have faith that networks like Fox will fight this to the bitter end, of course with the help of Americans who recognize the threat, will prevail and come out even stronger.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast