Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What do you think of GOP Comments on Illegal Immigration?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration debate

Bachmann probably did the best, but she will not win. Maybe, maybe, a VP nomination.

Romney did quite well. If elected, would he have the guts to follow through? That is my concern.

Perry will do whatever the Cahmber of Commerce tells him to do and thhat is have open borders.

Who were those 2 democrats posing as Republicans?

A lot of good answers. Two candidates sounded a lot like Democrats.
    Totally agree with 'turning off the magnet'. That SHOULD include removing 'born on US soil grants you US citizenship'.
    The host was a bit beligerent when it came to 'what do you do with the 11 million illegals here'. Ah, by the time the border is secure, that number may be 20 million or 5 million. Rather foolish question to insist on an answer.
    Perry sounded better than I expected, I like Bachmann but she could have said a bit more.
    Not ONE of them emphasised the responsibility of the President to put the needs of US Citizens BEFORE the needs of law breaking border jumpers. Politicians, so few have the backbone to call lawbreakers criminals.
    Obama should be impeached or tried for treason.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa
    Michele Bachmann is the only one I trust on the issue - none of the guys will do anything about it when they get in office (or else they will make it worst).
    I don't even trust Bachmann. She completely dodged the question of what to do with the illegals who are here now. I would have at least expected her to give an endorsement of the e-verify program, which would prevent any illegal from legally working in this country if used properly.
    LGBTQ (Let's Get Biden To Quit)

Reppulicans on Illegals

I thought Gov. Herman Cain came the closest to answering the question, followed by Romney. Ron lost my vote. Funny how they all dodged the question of what to do with the false estimate of 11 million illegal aliens, pandering as usual. Me, deport every criminal illegal alien and present a bill to each country for our services of keep them.
    Craig R. McNees

Re: Immigration debate

Quote Originally Posted by goudy1
    Romney did quite well. If elected, would he have the guts to follow through? That is my concern.

Perry will do whatever the Cahmber of Commerce tells him to do and thhat is have open borders.
    I agree with these statements.
    LGBTQ (Let's Get Biden To Quit)

Illegal immigration debate

I liked Gingrich's, Bachmann's, and Cain's answers equally. After that in descending order: Romney, Perry, Paul, then lastly Huntsman.

Candidates response

In the last Presidential election, I wrote in Sheriff Joe. I will do the same in this election. A pox on all of these candidates. I refuse to vote for the lesser of the evils. A major pox on the Dem. candidate.

Ron Paul gave the best answer, but seemed to be cut off.

We have not needed a fence between us and Mexico, or us and Canada.

Ron Paul believes in enforcing the laws that are presently on the books, just like Reagan signed into law, but were never enforced.

A fence is not the problem. Those employing and housing illegal aliens, are the problem. They are the one's breaking the law and attracting the illegals here in the first place.

Freedom comes in all forms.
    Drug prohibition has created the same firestorm, alcohol prohibition did.
    Liberty, is not about controlling individual citizens, like a herd of cows.

We have laws that say, it is illegal to hire someone, not from this nation, a non-citizen. Enforce those laws with vengeance, just like the money and manpower poured into the war on drugs.

Ron Paul has it right, we don't need a fence. We need to jail and confiscate assets, of those that employ and house the illegals. (mod edit)
    Cain was a close second.
    Then Romney.
    Travis and Crockett, are flopping in their graves

GOP Debate

Herman Cain was great! Yes, let each state rule their own laws. But, I don't think Herman Cain has a chance to win. too bad..AND!! PERRY WAS GREAT ABOUT OBAMA, OBAMA IS A DISCRACE.

Newt Gingrich is not going to deport the illegal aliens here, he will give them amnesty!!!!!!!!!! HE VOTED FOR THE REGAN AMNESTY AND HE WILL DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!! Worst track record on Immigration running.

Did you not hear what he said last night!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Gengrich said, "In 1986, I voted for the Simpson-Mazzoli Act" AMNESTY! Past behavior predicts future behavior.

Gingrich said, "we ought to have a legal guest worker program. " We already have one!!!! He's for a guest worker program! Code for adjust the status of the illegals already here aka amnesty. We already have have a guest worker program, it's call the visa system.

Gingrich said, "And then find a way to deal with folks who are already here, some of whom, frankly, have been here 25 years, are married with kids, live in our local neighborhood, go to our church. It's got to be done in a much more humane way than thinking that to automatically deport millions of people."

Bleeding Heart Liberal with Legalization as the solution for the illegal alien population in America!!!!!!!!!!! Make them pay a fine, just like John McCain and George Bush!!!!!!!! And they probably came on a guest worker visa and didn't leave!!!!!!

Newt Gingrich's full answer from Official Trancscript:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-249456.html

Huntsman's a Amnesty candidate too.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast