Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What do you think of GOP Comments on Illegal Immigration?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Is it just me? All I heard after Mr.Telemundo asked "What would you do with the 12 million illegals still here?"

Bachmann said "depends on how long they've been here"= Amnesty

Cain said "Let the states decide"= Amnesty

Romney said "Turn off the magnet!" What the hell, there's no jobs Mitt the magnet is off!= Amnesty

La Raza and Mecha and all the rest are cheering, once again we've been lead to believe something will be done and the days turn into months and the months turn into years and here we are just as bad off if not worse then we've ever been!

I wish DeMint would run!
    The magnet isn't just jobs. It's jobs, health care, education, food stamps, welfare, tax welfare credits, and so much more.

Last year 645,000 non-citizens were hired, many of these illegal aliens. So illegal aliens even in this depressed economy are still being hired over US citizens.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Why ask about immigration reform? The immigration laws work. Ask anyone who came here the LEGAL way. I got tied of watching and listening to those who were saying it depends on how long they have been here. Illegal is just that, illegal. I will not vote for any person that says there should be a path to citizenship for these illegals. There is a path, it's called doing the right thing and following the immigration laws. They also should go after those that hire these people. They know they are illegal, they ar enot that stupid. Get rid of the jobs and they go back home. Plus tell them they HAVE to leave or face jail time and then deportation. Damn it, we have laws here and they are no better than anyone else. Send them back. They are not wanted and plus they are criminals. They broke the law coming here, which makes them criminals, which gives them a criminal background.

In my opinion, the correct answer to the question "What will you do with the millions of illegal immigrants in America" should have been simply....

"That is for the American public and Congress to decide. As President, it will be my job to simply secure the borders and adequately enforce the existing immigration laws."

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GOP Pres debate

Romney will have my vote - Bachman is unbelievable about the illegal issue. Given her statement the EPA should be called "Job Killer Agency", she's out of the running for me. To her it is alright to give cancer to kids for corporate profits - no jobs for lives.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    In my opinion, the correct answer to the question "What will you do with the millions of illegal immigrants in America" should have been simply....

"That is for the American public and Congress to decide. As President, it will be my job to simply secure the borders and adequately enforce the existing immigration laws."

W
    True except that if an immigration reform bill gets to the desk of the President, it doesn't become law until he signs it and it fails if he vetoes it. I hope we elect a Republican candidate who if elected would veto any amnesty or guess worker permit legislation, who would sign all bills that deter illegal immigration and remove the magnets, and who would file amicus briefs supporting any state in our union who wants to enforce US immigration law but is being prevented from doing so by courts in lawsuits filed by pro-illegal immigration forces.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

strangers come to the front door and knock to come in. friends come to the back door and knock to come in. but whether stranger or friend, when caught crawling in the window !! same thing. ( mod edit)
    if a burglar enters your house and offer to clean your toilet do let them stay? NO.
    they are criminals by being here illegally just like a burglar.

Re: immigration

Quote Originally Posted by kejaleggert
    .overall I think Cain was right let the states neasrest and most affected make the decisions , like a general on the front line, they know what they need now...
    Seriously. You have a state like California that panders right now to illegals. When 60%+ of the state is illegal aliens and anchor brats of said they control said state. So let the state make the decision and their decision would be to open the border and give them all IDs and then those illegals move in and spread to other states just like cockroaches. Now seriously how many states have so many illegals and family of illegals that its really hard to make the state do the right thing? To many....

This shouldn't be something that states have a choice in. They should be obligated to follow federal law by the book and not writing their own laws against federal law. Now that idea protects Arizona as its laws mirror federal law but those granting state forms of amnesty pretty much are out of touch and need to be retaken.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Lord, there was so much beating around the bush on this one...

I did not hear one of these candidates answer the complete question "what do you do with millions of illegal aliens that have been here, some, up to 20-25 years?". Not one of these people actually said "send them home, and they can get a chance like everyone else, in the back of the line, to come here legally".

This is personally what I wanted to hear. Send anyone, no matter their country, here illegally, home, then they can apply and wait their turn.

I agree with Dixie, Newt will be too soft, Perry, just not sure about, cannot fully believe that Romney would be any different, and all the others, besides Bachmann, I think are in enough of a running anyways. I have to believe Michelle Bachmann may be just trying to say it so softly that she does not turn off any voters, but I need to hear it from her mouth to believe she too would not falter and let them stay.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It sounds like the Republicans are softening their position on illegal immigration. I heard more than one of them say, "What if they were in the country 25 years and had a family, what would you do then?" Well, to my way of thinking, they were breaking the law for 25 years and probably didn't pay a penny in taxes! They had ample time to make themselves legal but it was better for them not to. I say send em all back!
    The Republicans need to grow a back bone and say and do the right thing...we are a nation of laws and if we allow one law to be broken, why not let them all be broken?

illegal immigration debate Forum Index

Most of the candidates talked a reasonably fair game of securing the border. The question is will they do it?

On tha matter of the illegal aliens that are here, I feel they should not be given a path to citizenship. Give them green cards. DO not give them the vote nor financial aid in any form. If they want citizenship let them go home.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast