Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

{Sob}Deportations strand young U.S. citizens

Colliding Lives: Deportations strand young U.S. citizens
    Michael Martinez/MCT
    May 22, 2007 - 12:02PM

Luissana Santibanez and her mother Sergia are pictured at Luissana's high school graduation. Luissana currently a University of Texas senior, and a mother figure to her siblings, Madelein, 16, Paul, 15, and Sergio, 13.
    MCT AUSTIN — With no more than two hours of sleep in 32 hours, Luissana Santibanez found her two lives colliding.

There is Santibanez the 23-year-old senior at the University of Texas who just pulled an all-nighter to complete a paper and cram for a test.

Then there is Santibanez the sudden mother to three siblings, ages 13, 15 and 16. With classes over, she was beginning her second life, cooking dinner and supervising three teenagers with their homework.

When she had a private moment, Santibanez broke down. Sitting on the living room floor with her laptop, she began to cry.

“I get sad sometimes. I know that this is not the way things are supposed to be,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope Sessions introduces an amendment which states that the minor children of illegal alien felons are not US Citizens.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think I have a tear...in my eye
    Nope it was an eye lash
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Don't ya just love the pathos appeals (such as this one)used by the media?
    So I guess we should not send people to prison or to Iraq as it breaks up families too. Gag me with a bueno taco!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Her mother, Sergia, 49, lost her residency after she was convicted and sentenced in 2005 to 4 months for transporting illegal immigrants in her car
    Sorry kids but your Mom is a criminal. (basically sounds like she may have been a coyote) The citizens of America didn't make her break the law, they just want to see American laws upheld. So your best bet would be to join Mom in Mexico where she is.

Being a parent does NOT exempt you from following the law! Are we supposed to just pardon everyone currently in the prison system if they have kids at home? What is with these people?!?
    Ron Paul 2008

family separation.... why is the Mexican government not allowing their US-offspring to re-unite in Mexico and make them Mexican citizens?... what callous indifference on the part of President Calbron!
    No soy de los que se dicen 'la raza'... Am not one of those racists of "The Race"

Poor me , Poor me, Poor me!
    "Sitting on the liviing room floor with her laptop! Wonder how she afforded that? Do you think Daddy who now lives in Mexico with his new family is sending child support? H#LL NO!

Our tax dollars are giving this girl grants, housing assistance , food allowance and she wants us to feel sorry!
    If your parents are illegal you are illegal..PERIOD!
    RECIND THE ANCHOR BABY LAW!

AUTOMATIC BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP MUST BE REPEALED.

Under the IRB, if a temporary guest worker comes in with his family and during the 2 years produce an "anchor baby," will they not be forced to leave after the 2 years and leave their American born child behind or will they be allowed to stay?

There is so many things about this bill that does not add up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast