‘Where Is He Today?’ Levin: Mitch McConnell ‘Should Be Defeated’

Posted on 12 October, 2013 by clyde

via Breitbart
by Tony Lee

On Friday, conservative talk radio host Mark Levin said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) needed to be defeated in his primary next year for conservatism to succeed.
“I believe Mitch McConnell should be defeated in Kentucky,” Levin said on his radio show, calling McConnell an “awful Republican leader. Awful.” McConnell is being challenged by Tea Party candidate Matt Bevin.
Hours after Sean Hannity said House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) and the House Republican leadership needed to be replaced, Levin said he has said for years that Boehner should be defeated and referred to McConnell as “more of a schemer” than Boehner. He said the current Republican leadership will never fiercely fight to defeat Obamacare and advance conservatism.
“Where is he today?” Levin said of McConnell.
Levin also discussed plans by Republican establishment figures to take down the Tea Party with so-called “pro-business” candidates who love crony capitalism. The Republican establishment indicated they will target conservatives like Reps. Steve King (R-IA) or Justin Amash (R-MI) with candidates from the center.
Levin called those like John Sununu, the moderate New Hampshire Republican and former Chief of Staff to George H.W. Bush, and former Mississippi Governor and lobbyist Haley Barbour, two of the politicians behind such efforts, “losers.” He then blasted those like Sen John McCain (R-AZ), who Levin said “moves right” to get reelected and then “moves back” to the left once back in office. He also called out Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) for being the latest establishment front man and said these politicians “are not going to take down Obamacare.”
He emphasized that those like McCain, Boehner, and McConnell are part of the overall problem for Republicans and again emphasized that establishment Republicans “have declared war” on conservatives.
“They despise us,” Levin said of the Republican establishment of which McConnell is a part. “And I’ve had enough. And I’ve think most of you have had enough.”
On McConnell’s reelection efforts, Levin simply said, “count me out.”

http://gopthedailydose.com/2013/10/1...nell-defeated/