Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dorgan's premise is simple. Sunset the Visa's after 5 years to re-evaluate the impact of the 200,000+ per year.
    Gotta love that guy!

Dorgan said that the Grand Masters have acted like they have all the answers and anything else offered for amendment by others is not worthy. All his amendment does is require the suspension ofthe guest worker program after 5 years and have an economic assessment of it's impact to the American worker. I suppose based on those findings, the guest worker program would have to have proved it's worth and proven to have not had serious negative economic impact to the wages of American workers. The Grand Bargainers felt that his amendment was such a serious challenge to their great master copromise plan that it was labelled as a killer amendment and could jeopardize passage of the bill.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now it's Sen. Bill Nelson (D-FL) talking about Darfur.

Zeezil: got any idea of what the Dodd amandment is...I think that's coming up at 7:30.

No don't know about the Dodd amendment but I'll look around and se what I can find, anything.

Amendment voting should be coming up any moment now (current time is 7:25 pm ET)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

what a joke

The entire time this man was "exploiting" American Citizens, by trying to make fools of all of us, I kept wondering..WHY DON'T THEY ENFORCE THE LAWS THAT ARE ALREADY THERE AND WE WOULD NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM AT ALL. He is such an elitist. He has never known a day of hardship in his life and instead of spending time trying to help the American citizens who elected him. HOw about him working for the and worrying about the middle class and taxpayers who are having everything taken away from us, while he is standing there trying to get money and free stuff for illegal lawbreakers from other countries. WHY CAN'T THE AMERICAN PEOPLE GET THE BENEFIT FROM OUR OWN TAXES?????? What I am hearing him say is totally pathetic.

Dodd Amendment:

S.AMDT.1199 to S.1348 To increase the number of green cards for parents of United States citizens, to extend the duration of the new parent visitor visa, and to make penalties imposed on individuals who overstay such visas applicable only to such individuals.
    Sponsor: Sen Dodd, Christopher J. [CT] (introduced 5/24/2007) Cosponsors (2)
    Latest Major Action: 6/6/2007 Considered by Senate.

Thanks Zeezil. I couldn't find it.
    Think we're back. Senator from GA up next...don't know which one.

Wow...sounds like Chambliss will be voting "No" on cloture!
    Guess getting booed off the stage last week finally got to him.

Back on again,...7:37 pm ET...Chambliss discusing his 2 amendments

Evidentally not filed yet since not listed on Senate bill amendment website.

One involves border security, the other is protecting the Social Security trust fund.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast