Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

8,000 kids from Tijuana could enroll in a San Diego HS

The attached link comes from Tijuana's premier newspaper, EL MEXICANO. The title reads "More than 8 thousand kids will not be able to attend highschool".

In Mexico, due to the fact that school space is so limited, schools even public schools have entrance exams in order to select those who will be able to attend. In the last month in Tijuana, 37,073 kids took High School entrance exams and 8,109 kids were not selected. That means 22% of highschoolers in the city of Tijuana will not have a highschool to go to.The real bad news is, most of these kids will cross the border and enroll at a U.S. tax-payer payed highschool in San Diego, CA. and the liberal Union School District will welcome them with open arms and free lunch and breakfast.

http://www.ed.grandiarioregional.com/im ... J_17AA.pdf

Corrected link

Re: 8,000 kids from Tijuana could enroll in a San Diego HS

Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    The attached link comes from Tijuana's premier newspaper, EL MEXICANO. The title reads "More than 8 thousand kids will not be able to attend highschool".

In Mexico, due to the fact that school space is so limited, schools even public schools have entrance exams in order to select those who will be able to attend. In the last month in Tijuana, 37,073 kids took High School entrance exams and 8,109 kids were not selected. That means 22% of highschoolers in the city of Tijuana will not have a highschool to go to.The real bad news is, most of these kids will cross the border and enroll at a U.S. tax-payer payed highschool in San Diego, CA. and the liberal Union School District will welcome them with open arms and free lunch and breakfast.
    That is why we need a federal law---better yet, a constitutional amendment---that ONLY citizens and legal residents may enroll in public and other government approved schools.

Don't people get it?

What do you think is the main reason that the majority of illegal adults with kids risk sneaking across the Mexican border to enter the U.S.?

Remember the phrase "follow the money"?

When it comes to illegal immigration, one of the battle cries should be "follow the children".

The parents sneak across the border in order to get one of the most precious thing the U.S. has to offer: The chance at having their children enter one of the greatest free educational systems in the world and a chance at a future better life than what can be found in many countries of Latin America.

Don't you get it? It is not simply to find jobs or get on welfare that these parents are mainly looking for: It is the precious gift of a quality free U.S. education, so that their kids don't have to work in places like in hot vegetable/fruit fields or in hotels like their parents do.

My point is this: Stop illegal immigrant children from enrolling in government certified public and private schools in the U.S., and, in my opinion, you will see the number of illegal immigrants quickly dwindle in number.

"Follow the illegal immigrant chlidren" and you will find illegal parents to deport and a way to control illegal immigration.

"Follow the illegal immigrant children" should be one of the battle cries of outraged anti-immigrant voices.

Again, we need a federal law or a constitutional amendment where only citizens or legal residents can enroll in government approved schools.

http://by107w.bay107.mail.live.com/mail ... =144043787

This is news? This has been going on here in San Diego for 30 years. Every single school day thousands of Mexican kids cross the border from TJ to Tecate to attend SD schools, all at taxpayer expense, of course. In fact, foot traffic at the border drops by 30% whenever there is a school holiday. The local news channels will not even do stories on this topic anymore because they know it is a non-issue to the school authorities in charge, they really don't care what the press or the publicthink, they will keep right on accepting Mexican Nationals and nothing will stop them. They get money from the state and Feds for the number of butts in their seats, they could care less where they come from, citizen or not, taxpayer outrage or not.

Several local school have even eliminated things like marching band and replaced them with Mariachi, complete the giant guitars, trumpets and frilly costumes. Maybe they'll get rid of football in favor of soccer, American history in favor of Mexican history, etc. Heck, they might just eliminate the English language altogether and go totally Spanish, being as most of their students can't speak a word of English anyway. Just watch.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

In Mexico, due to the fact that school space is so limited, schools even public schools have entrance exams in order to select those who will be able to attend.
    So we are suppose to educate the ones who FAILED the entrance exam?

Say it costs $10,000 to educate a student each year---that is $81,090,000 per year.

How do the 8,109 failed teens get across the border--who gives them border passes? Or will they illegally live in San Diego?

Data from 2005:

Or take a look at West Fresno Elementary School District in Fresno County compared to Woodside Elementary School District in San Mateo County. West Fresno educates mostly minority and poor students (93 percent and 65 percent respectively) and receives only $4,276 in state and local funds. At the other extreme, Woodside Elementary School District educates far fewer students of color and low-income students (only 4 percent of Woodside’s students are low-income and 17 percent are minority) and yet it spends far more: $14,259 per student.

http://www2.edtrust.org/EdTrust/ETW/CA- ... ingGap.htm
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote="reptile09"]This is news? This has been going on here in San Diego for 30 years.

This is why we need a cabinet-level Department of Immigration, and why immigration should not be one of the sub-agencies in the relatively new Department of Homeland Security.

How can we expect the Secretary of Homeland Security to take time to look into the illegal immigrant mess in far away San Diego---far away from D.C.---when he has his hands full fighting terrorists and
    helping people struck by natural disasters like floods, hurricanes, and tornados?

There are just not enough hours in the day for the Secretary of Homeland Secretary to manage massive disasters from hurricanes, tornados, floods, and forest fires and, at the same time, to also find time to solve the taxpayer-funded problem of illegal immigrant children in San Diego schools.

[quote="reptile09"]This is news? This has been going on here in San Diego for 30 years.

McCain and Obama: Someone should ask them directly what they are going to do with the illegal immigration problem of Mexican children crossing the border every day and attending U.S. schools at U.S. taxpayer expense.

I bet they would either not answer the question, or they would come up with some doublespeak, vague answer.

The chance at having their children enter one of the greatest free educational systems in the world and a chance at a future better life than what can be found in many countries of Latin America
    Bull crap when they have a drop-out rate of more than 50%. Bull crap when too many PARENTS discourage an advanced education because they want them to get to work and help support the family. Bull crap when they tell their daughters to get marrieed and have kids before they ever encourage an education., Double bull crap when they encourage their children NOT to learn or speak the language of the country which is giving them the FREE best education in the area. Which is ENGLISH!!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    The chance at having their children enter one of the greatest free educational systems in the world and a chance at a future better life than what can be found in many countries of Latin America
    Bull crap when they have a drop-out rate of more than 50%. Bull crap when too many PARENTS discourage an advanced education because they want them to get to work and help support the family.
    Do you realize what you are saying: "a drop-out rate of more than 50%..."

By your own facts above, it means that 50% of the students are NOT
    dropping out.

If I lived in Mexico and my kids could not enroll in Mexican schools, I would run to the United States and try to enroll my kids in the great U.S. schools, because I would take my chances that my kids would be one of the 50% that DID stay in school and graduated.

For instance, in many black areas in the U.S., if 50% of high school freshmen graduated in 4 years, the neighborhood would be most happy.

So, put yourself in the place of desperate Mexican parents who want their 6 year old child to get some type of good, formal education.

You know that the drop out rate for kids with Mexican backgrounds in the United States have a high drop out rate around 50%.

I don't know about you, but if I were a Mexican person with young kids who was desperate for any type of formal education for my kids, I would be more than happy to try to enroll my Mexican kids in a United States school.

I would take my chances that my young kids would be among the 50% that would stay in school and graduate from high school.

Quote Originally Posted by reptile09
    This is news? This has been going on here in San Diego for 30 years. Every single school day thousands of Mexican kids cross the border from TJ to Tecate to attend SD schools, all at taxpayer expense, of course. In fact, foot traffic at the border drops by 30% whenever there is a school holiday. The local news channels will not even do stories on this topic anymore because they know it is a non-issue to the school authorities in charge, they really don't care what the press or the publicthink, they will keep right on accepting Mexican Nationals and nothing will stop them. They get money from the state and Feds for the number of butts in their seats, they could care less where they come from, citizen or not, taxpayer outrage or not.

Several local school have even eliminated things like marching band and replaced them with Mariachi, complete the giant guitars, trumpets and frilly costumes. Maybe they'll get rid of football in favor of soccer, American history in favor of Mexican history, etc. Heck, they might just eliminate the English language altogether and go totally Spanish, being as most of their students can't speak a word of English anyway. Just watch.
    I can relate. Here in Houston one of our high schools dropped football for soccer. There is another one that was going to do the same. In fact, they even went with the Mariachi band. However, horrible state accountability test scores year after year finally closed the doors to this school Thursday.

Its hard to educate these kids when they come here and enroll in the 10th grade and have never been to school even in Mexico. Then teachers are expected to get them up to grade level in a year when they can't read or write English or Spanish. On top of the we expect them to go to college in two years.

This issue is slowly but surely choking our education system to death.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast