Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Randall,

I've heard many stories just like this one. Here is what I know.

Your best bet is a Congressional staffer that has a knack for getting things done. You want them to open a "constituent file" for you.

It looks like you have already done that.

USCIS is now under the Department of Homeland Security. Their publicized numbers are a nightmare. When you call one of their regional offices it can get very strange.

Sometimes it feels like I'm trying to call into some kind of bunker. The most likely human interaction I may get is some person who's main employment purpose is to prevent me from talking to anyone else.

We are receiving reports from across the nation that MAY indicate there is a RIF (Reduction in Forces) within our LEGAL immigration agencies. We are not 100% sure of this but that is the direction the arrows are pointing.

Personally, I'm starting to wonder if the entire immigration division of our government has been sabotaged by the elite financial influences that want to be "Building a North American Community"

Regardless, the latest confirmed data we have is that America continues to let more people legally immigrate each year than any other nation at about 1.2 million.

Call a staffer at your local US Senate office. Ask him/her to open a constituent file and to call USCIS to ask why it is taking 3 years for a simple background check. Ask the staffer to open a file that will be on hand when you call back for a status update.

William
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi Randall--welcome to ALIPAC!!

I don't have any advice to offer but I hope things work out for you and your wife.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

One factor in the USCIS current backlog is that several offices were not following procedures, being careless and slip shod. They were not doing the actual background checks and passing or not passing at individual officials whim. A few were having problems with bribes and crooked employees.

As a result a lot of cases that were supposed to be over by now as to a resulution have now been reopened slowing some other more recent cases down.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome to ALIPAC, Randall. You've come to the right place for help. We have SO MANY people who know a LOT about this. In fact, William, should we send this to Scubayons since he has gone through the process with his wife???

Lou Dobbs did a segment on this very problem several weeks ago and what was reported was that this LEGAL process could take anywhere from FIVE TO SEVEN years and THAT is UNACCEPTABLE. I also heard that report that you heard, Richard. I believe some people were fired and MAYBE a couple were charged with criminal offenses.

Good luck, Randall. I would be willing to bet that SOMEONE on our Forum will have some help for you. I'm going to forward this link to Scubayons in case he misses it!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

RandallE

First of all welcome.

Second, Me and my wife was in a similar situation, a couple of years ago. Except that we was separate.

i agree with Willam about the Congressional staffer. In my Case the Senators was like oh well. But RandallE, call your Congressman and make sure that you have the name of the Staffer. I think it is important to deal only with one Staffer on these issue. I called so much, that if I didn't call. They would call me, to make sure I was ok. That is how much I called, everyday. Ask them to help you find out who is in charge now with the certain section of Homeland Security that deals in that area. It was that you could find this out over the net, but they have changed the sites in the past couple of years.
    I know you have called the National Center of course. 1 (800) 375-5283
    asked them who is in charge of the hold up. I know I called them a lot, myself. Also make sure to called the service center that has your case. Ask, what can I do? Who do I need to talk ? I even called the FBI section that was in charge of background checks.
    Have they said that there is a Hold on her? If so, ask them what kind of Hold.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Thanks, Scub. I KNEW YOU, of all of our members, would have some help for RandallE. What you have told him SHOULD HELP. I HAVE heard, over and over, that the backlog is HUGE. When did you have to go through all of your preparations, Scub??
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    Thanks, Scub. I KNEW YOU, of all of our members, would have some help for RandallE. What you have told him SHOULD HELP. I HAVE heard, over and over, that the backlog is HUGE. When did you have to go through all of your preparations, Scub??
    Well It is
    not much help right now for him. But I will keep digging. Well, she has been here, now 2 1/2 years. Then put the time we was married and started filling. over 4 1/2 years ago. It was 18 months for us on Background check. I kept very detailed notes on who, I had talked to when and what they said. We had to send in just recently the paper work for renewal of her green card. Then we received a letter that states. That it has been extended for 1 year. Then just a few weeks ago, we received a letter wanting more proof of relationship. After I sent every bill that had our names on it together. Letters from Neighbors, from family. It is a never ending process. When I received the last Letter. I then contacted my Congressman, to keep him updated. There response, if we have to go to court. He will send a representative with us from him. I do have to praise the Staffer. He sent off so many Letters to everyone in Washington about us. Oh yeah and also sent me copies of every letter.

But we Did it legally. Even if it is a pain in the you know what.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

That is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing, Scub. Even though it has been a real pain, you are doing it the RIGHT WAY and you and your wife DESERVE every opportunity this country offers its citizens. Why aren't there more honest, hard-working people like you, your wife and RandallE? You are the ones who WANT TO BE AMERICANS and THOSE are the IMMIGRANTS that have MADE AMERICA WHAT IT IS.

Don't either of you give up. I know you, Scub, will be HOUNDING THEM TO DEATH!!!

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar

Re: What’s an American husband to do?

Quote Originally Posted by RandallE
    Hello all. I’m new to this forum. And I’m looking for advice.

I’m an American citizen. I filed an application to sponsor my wife’s permanent residence in December 2002, shortly after we were married. In December 2003, we finally had the interview that normally concludes the process, or so we thought. We were told that despite having a very straightforward case, the background check had not been completed. We also were told that we could expect the background check to be completed in a matter of weeks. Three years after filing the paperwork, we are still waiting.

While the application continues to be processed, my wife is allowed to work through an annual renewal of a temporary work authorization, but visiting family is another story. If my wife leaves the country while her application is in process, she will be barred from reentry for 10 years. She’s been unable to see any of her family all this time, and especially around Christmas, it’s hard. It’s even worse when somebody gets sick. Recently, one of her aunts underwent a radical mastectomy. The cancer was caught very late, and we would obviously like to see her soon.

I can’t tell you how frustrating it is every time I hear how easy it is to enter the country illegally while we are going through all this pain having done everything right. I have written letters to the House and Senate to no avail. My Representative, who is the Republican Vice Chairman on the House Committee for Homeland Security, is contacting USCIS every month without any progress. I’ve written the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security directly as well, and have not even received a response. Is it too much to ask that a background check be completed in three years?

Having already written everyone in power, I don’t know what else to do. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,
    Randall
    Where is she from?
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast