Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Guess you have not received the memo? The senate voted to not allow the trucks in.

A VICTORY! Senate Pulls Plug on Open Borders for Mexican Trucks!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=82336
    AmericanElizabeth I guess he did not get the memo the Prez can't veto this bill because it is a congressional mandate majority vote.
    Now this would be a HUGE blessing in disguise!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    AmericanElizabeth I guess he did not get the memo the Prez can't veto this bill because it is a congressional mandate majority vote.
    Wow! I'll make this simple: If a president is not allowed to veto this Senate bill, then I guess the bill would never become enforcable - checks and balances and all that constitutional popycock.

And if that Senate bill is not enforceable - what exactly are you celebrating?
    The New America: Of the System, by the System and for the System

I don't think we should be wasting time fighting amongst ourselves. Our enemies are elsewhere.
    [i]“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.â€

I read here somewhere that ther are already trucks from Mexico making runs throughout the country. They started last week and the one given in the story had made a run to N.Y. and was planning on picking up goods in Ark. and Al... I also will believe when I see the trucks blocked. Bush will take the "voice of America" personal and will definately try to get around the senate as to not upset his buddy in Mexico. There is more to this that is just over our heads. There is an alterior motive. Maybe oil. Maybe cheap labor for big buisiness. Whatever it is, Bush wont settle for not getting his way..And I agree with Northofthecity that this is an open invitation for another 9-11 or worse. The crazy thing is. As hardcore anti-terrorist as Bush paints himself; Why in God's name would he be almost rolling out the red carpet for another attack??? Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAsylum
    I don't think we should be wasting time fighting amongst ourselves. Our enemies are elsewhere.
    I agree.
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAsylum
    I agree.
    Fighting amongst ourselves???

I think I would characterize it as debate...though some of the replies in this particular thread do fall a bit short of that status.

Why in the world would you want to have a discussion group or forum populated by people who fall all over each other in total agreement with everything? Is this not a place where ideas and opinions are presented in order to elicite responses from a broad spectrum of opinion? Do we not benefit from consideration of diverse perspectives on a given issue or topic?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthOfTheCity
    Why in the world would you want to have a discussion group or forum populated by people who fall all over each other in total agreement with everything? Is this not a place where ideas and opinions are presented in order to elicite responses from a broad spectrum of opinion? Do we not benefit from consideration of diverse perspectives on a given issue or topic?
    I don't. Yes it is. Yes we do.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Quote Originally Posted by blackz28
    I read here somewhere that ther are already trucks from Mexico making runs throughout the country. They started last week and the one given in the story had made a run to N.Y. and was planning on picking up goods in Ark. and Al... I also will believe when I see the trucks blocked. Bush will take the "voice of America" personal and will definately try to get around the senate as to not upset his buddy in Mexico. There is more to this that is just over our heads. There is an alterior motive. Maybe oil. Maybe cheap labor for big buisiness. Whatever it is, Bush wont settle for not getting his way..And I agree with Northofthecity that this is an open invitation for another 9-11 or worse. The crazy thing is. As hardcore anti-terrorist as Bush paints himself; Why in God's name would he be almost rolling out the red carpet for another attack??? Think about it.
    This is a perfect example of what I believe is the purpose of message boards like this. Blackz28 has taken what I've said and expanded upon it in his own way, enriching us all with his perspective. It doesn't matter if I agree (I do in this case) or I disagree. We're all the better for it.

Bush has to stop the trucks because Congress cut off the money to keep the program going. If he dared go ahead with it without proper inspections and security, Congress will come down on his head. Why? Because we'll come down on Congress' head if they don't. Funny how that works, huh?

As for the amnedment to stop the funding for the trucks. It's stuck in a bill that is veto proof. Bush doesn't have a choice in this instance. Just like the enforcement bill. Chertoff is grumbling, but he's doing it.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    As for the amnedment to stop the funding for the trucks. It's stuck in a bill that is veto proof. Bush doesn't have a choice in this instance. Just like the enforcement bill. Chertoff is grumbling, but he's doing it.
    Nothing is veto-proof. If he decides to veto the bill, he will. Let's hope he does not.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast