Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ACLU should support voters’ right to decide on ‘Dream

Opinion
    July 17, 2011

ACLU should support voters’ right to decide on ‘Dream Act’

To the Editor: Cumberland Times-News

I am writing to express my confusion with the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU). Recently, Maryland has passed its version of the “Dream Act.â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I live here in Maryland so I can honestly tell everyone that the citizens of Maryland who signed this petition have been ridiculed, harassed, and degraded by the ACLU, the Catholic church, and the pro-illegal alien group Casa de Maryland. They have called all of us bigots and racists, and have vowed to contact each and every one of us in regards to our decision to sign this petition.

Casa de Maryland filed a Public Information Act request form in order to get copies of all the names on the petition, and from that request have since obtained all of our personal information. They say they plan to use that information in order to "contact" each of us individually so they can talk to us about our decision to sign the petition.

I am disgusted to know that I exercised my rights of democracy by signing this petition, and now because of that I may be further harassed and ridiculed by those who now have my personal information in their dirty, illegal alien-pandering paws.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

Moving to General Discussion
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanTreeFarmer's Avatar

Thinking like Kim Propeak and Gus Torres
    CASA's cost to purchase $1
    Money spent for rehab $14MM
    Budget in five year plan $40MM

Smug feeling from receiving said funds for undocumented clients from American taxpayers and non taxed charitable foundations

Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by HippieChick
    I live here in Maryland so I can honestly tell everyone that the citizens of Maryland who signed this petition have been ridiculed, harassed, and degraded by the ACLU, the Catholic church, and the pro-illegal alien group Casa de Maryland. They have called all of us bigots and racists, and have vowed to contact each and every one of us in regards to our decision to sign this petition.

Casa de Maryland filed a Public Information Act request form in order to get copies of all the names on the petition, and from that request have since obtained all of our personal information. They say they plan to use that information in order to "contact" each of us individually so they can talk to us about our decision to sign the petition.

I am disgusted to know that I exercised my rights of democracy by signing this petition, and now because of that I may be further harassed and ridiculed by those who now have my personal information in their dirty, illegal alien-pandering paws.
    You don't owe them an explanation. You don't owe them anything! If they bother you, tell them you will get them for harrasment.

Banned

Are you serious?! This is the reason we all need to stand together!!! I am outraged

That petition is the least of they're worries, the good citizens of Maryland get to vote on it, they needed 55,000 signatures and got 140,000 I'd say they better Robo call!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member AmericanTreeFarmer's Avatar

To Marylanders

If you are someone who knows you can hang tough despite being faced with a cold call from an amnestyist do not just hang up on them. Whether they are paid staff or volunteers their organizations time and money are limited. The longer you keep them talking the less likely they will reach someone else who would fold and accept being marked down as switching to favor the DREAM Act.

Oh yes I do care about children but could you explain this one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by strugglingcitizen

Are you serious?! This is the reason we all need to stand together!!! I am outraged
    Yes, Casa de Maryland has our names and address in hand. They have stated several times that we will all "be contacted." The ACLU is working on some kind of crazy lawsuit or rebuttal as we speak, and is trying to have as many valid signatures "invalidated" as possible. The Catholic church in Maryland has already started to ban together and discuss ways to use their Sunday sermons to "educate" their parishioners as to why they all need to change their vote and support in-state tuition for illegal aliens.

My big concern is what will happen not when I am "contacted", (I actually look forward to being harassed so I can really give someone a piece of my mind). But what will happen when the little old church-going lady down the street gets "contacted." Most certainly those are the votes that can be swayed. If grandma signed this petition, but then is harassed by the Catholic church telling her she made a dire mistake, well I am quite certain those will be the voters that indeed will change their mind through fear and intimidation.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

Here is a link to a blog from one of our local delegates here in Maryland. It describes some of what Casa de Maryland did during the signature collection process.

I am just trying to spread as much of this as I can. So little of this is even in our headlines here in the good ol' Blue State of Maryland, and because we are very much a sanctuary state, much of this is being swept under the rug, even by our own newspapers.

We now need to rely on local blogs to print the truth since our news and media refuses to do so, all in the name of political correctness.

Here is a link to the blog, and a blurb about what Casa did during the signature collection process:

[i][b]We know that CASA has been posting phone numbers to call if you see people out exercising their Constitutional duties per Article 16 of the State Constitution, collection signatures. CASA would then send people out to the location to intimidate and harass people coming to sign as well as those collecting signatures.

This weekend we also learned that CASA is hiring people through a group called “Field Worksâ€

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast